Disney Skyliner (Gondola) Construction Updates

If I'm driving from my air conditioned house to an air conditioned mall I want to drive in an air conditioned car. I'm going from my air conditioned hotel room to hot theme park where I'm going to be walking for miles. It may not matter if the gondola has AC. I'm assuming some kind of roof vent and fan so we're not sitting in a moving oven. Maybe the windows have to be tinted. If the posters are correct most of the time the few minutes we'll be spending in an gondola without AC is time we otherwise would be spending in the heat waiting for a bus.

If I'm driving from my air conditioned house to an air conditioned mall I want to drive in an air conditioned car. I'm going from my air conditioned hotel room to hot theme park where I'm going to be walking for miles. It may not matter if the gondola has AC. I'm assuming some kind of roof vent and fan so we're not sitting in a moving oven. Maybe the windows have to be tinted. If the posters are correct most of the time the few minutes we'll be spending in an gondola without AC is time we otherwise would be spending in the heat waiting for a bus.

The windows will be tinted.

I’m not worried about it at all. I think they took the hot Florida location into account for this. I just am keeping my fingers crossed it will be open for our 2 week stay at Pop starting June 2. That would be sweet!

It's not likely Disney is choosing not to get a common feature of the system just to save money. As has been discussed, AC in gondola is a difficult problem that's why there are only two systems in the world with AC. There are also other factors that have to be balanced, for example adding AC increases the weight of the cars and thus reduces capacity.

The more I think about it, the less I care about the AC. The thought of getting to Epcot within 10 minutes, no wait, is very appealing. I can tough it out without AC, no problem! It's not the same as waiting for the bus in the hot sun for 10 minutes because I'm enclosed in the hot sun. The enclosed bit will make it much worse, but so what? We are getting to Epcot! If the Asians can take it, so can I. I'm looking forward to this! https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...truction-updates.3619719/reply?quote=59817098

The more I think about it, the less I care about the AC. The thought of getting to Epcot within 10 minutes, no wait, is very appealing. I can tough it out without AC, no problem! It's not the same as waiting for the bus in the hot sun for 10 minutes because I'm enclosed in the hot sun. The enclosed bit will make it much worse, but so what? We are getting to Epcot! If the Asians can take it, so can I. I'm looking forward to this!
Actually, I can't put up with heat in a closed environment. Yeah, let the Asians deal with it, I can't handle it. I change my mind. I used to stand in the hot sun to wait for the bus. I don't do it anymore. I will just take Lyft/Minnievan when it gets too hot or if there's lightning. But at night without lightning, the gondola should be really nice.

It all comes down to aerodynamics, thermodynamics, and material science engineering.

How much effort they they put into the design in these areas? Think space shuttle reentry for the extreme example of this.

No matter how much redundancy there may be, people could still be stuck in there for a long period of time if something goes wrong. Hopefully they thought these things out.

‘Fall’ of this year is all that has been officially announced by Disney. Hoping it’s earlier but that’s the official word right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter