Disney Soda Fountain

disneygirlinphoenix

Mouseketeer
What's your opinion? Is it worth going... For me, anything Disney is worth going.. but is it just overpriced shakes and sundaes? Because I can get those in the parks...And I don't have to drive into Hollywood.. But that being said, it is Disney!

Thanks all...

It's nothing special, but it is in a great location with plenty of other stuff to see. If you are going there to see the other sites of Hollywood like the theater or the Walk of Fame stars, you should stop by to browse. I believe there is a bench with Mickey and/or Minnie statue there too for a photo op.

It is very small shop on Hollywood Blvd off of Highland, nothing special. Go if you want the special pins that only the Disney Soda Fountain sells. Also if you want to walk around Hollywood Blvd, see where the Kodak theater is, or Mann's Chinese Theater or visit Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, it is worth it.

I agree with the others that if you were going to check out Hollywood anyway, go, but not worth a separate trip in my opinion.

It is very small shop on Hollywood Blvd off of Highland, nothing special. Go if you want the special pins that only the Disney Soda Fountain sells. Also if you want to walk around Hollywood Blvd, see where the Kodak theater is, or Mann's Chinese Theater or visit Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, it is worth it.

Oh yes.. I do love pins. I am a minor collector of pins, so that would be neat!

Definetely call ahead...when I was there over Spring Break they were out of the special pins...it was still a fun visit...we had never been to Hollywood walk so it was fun.....

You can make it worth your while by making it a "Disney" Hollywood trip.

Possibly lunch at Snow White Cafe, there are Snow White mural done by the original artist who worked on Walt's film.
A Disney movie at El Capitan, great theater
Then desert the Soda Fountain

Hollywood has some fun tours and kitch museums, if you are going up to the Los Angeles area have a plan. :-)

You can make it worth your while by making it a "Disney" Hollywood trip.

Possibly lunch at Snow White Cafe, there are Snow White mural done by the original artist who worked on Walt's film.
A Disney movie at El Capitan, great theater
Then desert the Soda Fountain

Hollywood has some fun tours and kitch museums, if you are going up to the Los Angeles area have a plan. :-)

Haven't heard of the Snow White Café... Gotta look that up! And I thought I knew most everything!
Is the WD studio near? I understand, you cant take a tour, but photos out front?? Or is that out of the way?

Haven't heard of the Snow White Café... Gotta look that up! And I thought I knew most everything!
Is the WD studio near? I understand, you cant take a tour, but photos out front?? Or is that out of the way?

No tours at the Studios :-(
The best view is actually off the freeway.

You can visit Walt Disney's Music Hall, there are no tour offered either, but you can easily walk up to it for photo ops. The architecture is amazing.

We went into Hollywood and I thought it was the most pitiful and trashiest place I have ever visited. The ONLY good thing was the Disney Soda Fountain shop from my opinion.

We went into Hollywood and I thought it was the most pitiful and trashiest place I have ever visited. The ONLY good thing was the Disney Soda Fountain shop from my opinion.

I won't disagree. It's funny how glamorous they make it look on TV. They clearly don't show the homeless people peeing on corners or panhandling, not do they show all the gum and trash that covers the Walk of Fame lol.

Ya, Holly"weird" is pretty trashy. Of course, to me, anything, Disney is magical even if it is standing outside and taking a picture. I won't spend much time On Hollywood blvd. I don't need pics with a pee stained, alcohol swilling Spiderman!!! But the Disney soda ftn is new since I've been so I am sure we'll stop by!!

Yes , Hollywood has lost it's glitz of yesteryears, but there is a charm and I appreciate it's history. If you go expecting movie stars walking around you will be disappointed.

If you drive a few blocks over to West LA, that is where the glamour has moved.

Pinup Mommy said:
Yes , Hollywood has lost it's glitz of yesteryears, but there is a charm and I appreciate it's history. If you go expecting movie stars walking around you will be disappointed.

If you drive a few blocks over to West LA, that is where the glamour has moved.

No, I did not expect to see anyone famous, good grief, I am not impressed with anything Hollywood, I was only there as others wanted to go, I was just put off by all the low life on Hollywood Boulevard, sad and pathetic.

its not worth a special trip.
We stopped by on our way home cuz the kids wanted to see the cheesey Hollywood stars etc.
We did buy the special pins and a few other souvenears but the food was just ok.

You can visit Walt Disney's Music Hall, there are no tour offered either, but you can easily walk up to it for photo ops. The architecture is amazing.

You can tour the Disney Music Concert Hall. We went on a Saturday last year after OMDD, probably the best day to be in downtown LA since there was very little traffic.

At the front desk, there is a sign up sheet for free tours. I think the tour was about an hour and they took you around the place, talked about the architecture, Lily's ideas and designs and input. It's pretty neat and a nice slow paced tour. There were some musicians practicing so we weren't allowed to open the doors to the concert hall, but if there weren't we could actually go in the actual hall.

We went into the soda fountain a couple weeks ago since we were already at the Walk of Fame; I was disappointed by the lack of Disney decor--they really could make it incredible in there like the Main Street shops.
Also we encountered more creepy people on that side of the road; the costumed folks on the other side were quite friendly and respected our personal space. The rappers trying to hand out their CDs were a little more forceful but nbd.
We also drove past the Hollywood Tower Hotel (now apartments) because it's really close by, but the kids didn't think it looked anything like TOT :)

Agree with previous posters....

We LOVE the cafe and went there a few times when we were last staying in LA but it is not worth the drive from anaheim just to go there.

If you are going with a few kids i suggest ordering....

Mickeys Masterpiece:
Inspired by the Sorcerer himself. Your choice of eight
scoops of ice cream smothered in hot fudge, caramel and
marshmallow. Topped with nuts and swirls of whipped
cream, all served in a Sorcerer’s Apprentice dish. The
perfect sundae to share with all your mouseketeers!
$29.95

The staff ring bells and make a big deal when it is ordered and you get badges/pins at the end.... but it is BIG

We went into Hollywood and I thought it was the most pitiful and trashiest place I have ever visited.

Can't argue too much, except to say that you must never have visited the Las Vegas Strip or the French Quarter in New Orleans...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter