Disney Springs Drop Off Question

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
Hello All

I tried to find a subject matter on this and didn't find what I'm asking. We are bringing a friend who recently underwent a few major surgeries which left her stamina really hindered when walking. She does not own a wheelchair because quite honestly - she is house bound outside of this trip (we are bringing her to try to boost her spirits) --- I am DREADING the parking garage at Disney Springs. It is absolutely going to be way too much to park and walk through security for her. Way Way too much. I am curious if my daughter would be able to drop us down on the ground level prior to going into the garage so that I could have her sit while I go and fetch a wheelchair to rent for a few hours while being there. I know the wheelchairs are down on the ground level just outside of the escalators so it makes no sense in my mind to make her go to the garage and deal with going down the elevators and such - its just way too much.

Thanks in advance - I'm hopeful there is something I just don't know about or a better way I'm not savvy enough to know.

You could park on the garage roof. It os often less busy there and you should be able to drop her off at the entrance to the elevator.

You could also choose to use valet and/or the Lemon lot.

Thank you Steve --

I thought they had done away with Valet - they did not offer it near Basin where it used to be previously (at least not when I was there this past August)

Also - I thought everyone no matter where you parked in the parking garage - you had to find your way to the security walk through section - am I wrong? I would be happy to drop her near an elevator just so long as its not routing her to get off on the 3rd floor(ish) area where you have to go through the metal detectors Its too far of a walk for her to go through

Could you rent a wheelchair from an offsite vendor so it would be with you in the parking garage? I didn’t know if you might need it elsewhere on your trip. Usually an outside vendor costs less per day, so even if you had it for two or three days, it might not be much more expensive and the convenience could be worth it.

Do like I did, rent a scooter from and outside company in the WDW area. They break down to a size the fits in a car trunk. It's just a few pieces and takes about 5 minutes to assemble and teardown. It solved my walking problems everywhere I went. The Parks, Disney springs, Universal and so on. It was a godsend and allowed me to enjoy my visits just like I once did when I could walk and stand normally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter