Disney Springs Hotels

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
I checked a little about the hotels that are at Disney Springs, and I'm wondering if you can get whole packages like you can at the resorts.

We have stayed a few times at Port Orleans Riverside, and have gotten park hopper tickets, air fare, and the dining plan and I'm wondering if you can get all of that at the Disney Springs hotels too.

Also, if you've stayed at one of the hotels could you tell me how you liked it, or if you didn't, why.

We have stayed at POR and LOVED it! It was beautiful and cozy and just an overall great feel. In a couple of weeks we will be at SSR, and we are really looking forward to trying the deluxe experience. :)

Please verify which hotels to which you are referring. There are four Disney owned and operated resorts that are classified as being in the Disney Springs area: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter, and Disney's Old Key West Resort. These resorts can be booked with packages that include all the components mentions.

There are also 7 hotels that are on Disney property adjacent to Disney Springs that are independently owned and operated. Although you technically can book them via the Disney Reservations Center, they are not going to be sold in any equivalent package. They do not have things like Dining Plans, Magic Bands, Disney transportation, or Disney's Magical Express service.

Many people here on the Disney Resorts forum will insist that your trip will not be as magical if you're not staying at a Disney Resort. But, over on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum, you'll get contrasting opinions. Depending on when you travel, you can often get nicer hotel rooms for less money by staying at one of those 7 hotels. Feel free to check out the Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum:

https://www.disboards.com/forums/orlando-hotels-and-attractions.15/

We've stayed at the Double Tree and enjoyed it. BUT. You can book fat passes at 30 days not 60. No dining plans. Busses drop you off pretty far from the entrances. You get dropped off aye the TTC for Magic Kingdom. It was ok but I prefer Disney resorts

Stayed at Saratoga Springs a few years ago and requested a room close to Disney Springs ... they put us in the very last building, which made for a nice walk over to DS.

... but I'm guessing poster might be referring to the non-Disney hotels put near the entrance.

Please verify which hotels to which you are referring. There are four Disney owned and operated resorts that are classified as being in the Disney Springs area: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter, and Disney's Old Key West Resort. These resorts can be booked with packages that include all the components mentions.

There are also 7 hotels that are on Disney property adjacent to Disney Springs that are independently owned and operated. Although you technically can book them via the Disney Reservations Center, they are not going to be sold in any equivalent package. They do not have things like Dining Plans, Magic Bands, Disney transportation, or Disney's Magical Express service.

Many people here on the Disney Resorts forum will insist that your trip will not be as magical if you're not staying at a Disney Resort. But, over on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum, you'll get contrasting opinions. Depending on when you travel, you can often get nicer hotel rooms for less money by staying at one of those 7 hotels. Feel free to check out the Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum:

https://www.disboards.com/forums/orlando-hotels-and-attractions.15/

We've stayed at the Double Tree and enjoyed it. BUT. You can book fat passes at 30 days not 60. No dining plans. Busses drop you off pretty far from the entrances. You get dropped off aye the TTC for Magic Kingdom. It was ok but I prefer Disney resorts

Yes, I was inquiring about the hotels like the Double Tree and other major chain hotels that I see are now at Disney Springs and was wondering if you could book them like the resort hotels and get the dining plan, transportation, etc. Since you can't, we'll probably just go ahead and stay at Port Orleans Riverside again.

Thanks for the information. :)

Yes, I was inquiring about the hotels like the Double Tree and other major chain hotels that I see are now at Disney Springs and was wondering if you could book them like the resort hotels and get the dining plan, transportation, etc. Since you can't, we'll probably just go ahead and stay at Port Orleans Riverside again.

Thanks for the information. :)

They're not new, they've been there on Hotel Plaza Blvd. since at least the 80's (with a few changes of ownership along the way). They used to be called the Downtown Disney hotels.

They're not Disney-owned, so they've never been eligible for EMH, DME, the dining plans or any of the other Disney resort perks. Well, the Hilton used to offer EMH, but that's gone. The hotels have a shared transportation system, but Disney transportation does not stop there, and their busses don't drop off up front at the parks like the Disney buses do.

Stayed at Saratoga Springs a few years ago and requested a room close to Disney Springs ... they put us in the very last building, which made for a nice walk over to DS.

... but I'm guessing poster might be referring to the non-Disney hotels put near the entrance.

We love Congress park. We like some of the dining options at the different resorts so we walk to Disney Springs to catch a bus to whatever resort we want to go to.

For what it's worth, I will often stay at the Disney Springs hotels. I've recently stayed at the B Resort, Hilton and Wyndham. I've also stayed at the Buena Vista Palace. They are actually wonderful options, especially for adults. I have often found the rates and deals to cut the price in half vs. the moderates. Admittedly, that comes with less convenience and extra fees like resort fees, extra transportation costs to MCO, parking fees, etc. And, the FP window is less. But, especially with the Hilton and Wyndham, you are across the street from the Disney Springs Marketplace with the great new pedestrian bridges. (In fact, much closer than many parts of SSR in fact!)

That's not to say they are better. They are just a potential option to investigate based on what you are looking for!

They're not new, they've been there on Hotel Plaza Blvd. since at least the 80's (with a few changes of ownership along the way). They used to be called the Downtown Disney hotels.

They're not Disney-owned, so they've never been eligible for EMH, DME, the dining plans or any of the other Disney resort perks. Well, the Hilton used to offer EMH, but that's gone. The hotels have a shared transportation system, but Disney transportation does not stop there, and their busses don't drop off up front at the parks like the Disney buses do.

Oh wow, I thought they were new. Shows my ignorance, LOL! :) I didn't realize the hotels had been there that long, so you must not actually be able to SEE them while you're walking along the streets at Downtown Disney...well, now Disney Springs (I doubt I'll ever get used to the name change). The last time we were there was January 2015 and I certainly don't remember them.

I thought staying at one might be a nice alternative, and a bit less expensive, but we do love Port Orleans and we will be flying so won't have a car so the Disney buses are a must for us to get to the parks. And I don't think my daughter would like having the Fast Pass window being 30 days out instead of 60. And she will want the dining plan too. So we'll stick with our original plan and go to POR again.

Thanks for the information everyone. :)

Oh wow, I thought they were new. Shows my ignorance, LOL! :) I didn't realize the hotels had been there that long, so you must not actually be able to SEE them while you're walking along the streets at Downtown Disney...well, now Disney Springs (I doubt I'll ever get used to the name change). The last time we were there was January 2015 and I certainly don't remember them.

I thought staying at one might be a nice alternative, and a bit less expensive, but we do love Port Orleans and we will be flying so won't have a car so the Disney buses are a must for us to get to the parks. And I don't think my daughter would like having the Fast Pass window being 30 days out instead of 60. And she will want the dining plan too. So we'll stick with our original plan and go to POR again.

Thanks for the information everyone. :)

Yes you can see some of them.

But PP correct. No Disney perks BUT they do have their own shuttle system better than any offsite shuttle.

lego-nessie-disney-springs.jpg

Across top of this picture are several

disney-springs-orlando.jpg

My mom stayed at the Best Western 2 years ago because we were booked at CBR and she couldn't get a room at a budget. (She is a Florida resident and didn't want to spend alot) That being said now she stays at values when we are there. Also we are staying at the Best Western at the end of our stay next week. We are doing ASMO for 5 nights, AKL for 2 nights and I wanted to spend sometime near Disney Springs but did not want to spend that much money. Personally I love my Disney Magic but the Disney Springs are a great option for different reasons.

I stayed at the Disney Springs Best Western as part of a split stay last year. On the positive side, I got a discount rate, and I had a Magic Kingdom view and could see the fireworks. On the negative side, the room showed signs of wear and looked like it really needed renovating. Also on the negative side, at night if you're returning from a meal at another resort, it's not that easy to transfer buses at Disney Springs, because the bus stops used by the WDW buses are far from the bus stops used by the buses between Disney Springs and the non-Disney-owned Disney Springs resorts. It looked like it would be just as far to walk to the other bus stop, as it would be to walk directly back to the Best Western. This still could have been an enjoyable walk if not for the fact that it rained all the way back. And as usual, it only rains if I leave my rain poncho in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter