Disney still hasn't called me!

PolyKat1

Mouseketeer
Only 21 days until our trip and Disney still hasn't called to tell us that Akershus will not be open for the lunch we have PS's for...

What's up with that?

I booked lunch on Sat. 5/8. I'll bet a lot of people who think they are going to get to eat there don't read these boards, and have no clue the restaurant is going to be closed. I wonder if it is too late to get PS's at other WS restaurants for that Saturday..........

Doesn't Disney take care of situations like this?

Anyone know?

Disney definately should have called you by now!!

If I were you, I would give them a call. I think they should be able to help you reschedule PS's somewhere else.

Please let us know how they handle yourcall!!

Having had some experience on our last trip with the quality of data Disney Dining has....its very possible they don't have your correct phone number, have misspelled your last name, and have no real idea how to contact you.

(Our last name had three out of seven letters in common - although they'd given the name nine letters, so they had more chances. The phone number was completely unrecognizable. It was basically enough so that when you showed up at the restaurant and said "we have a 6:00 PS" they could make some sort of basic match.)

I agree that Disney must have incorrect information on you since they haven't contacted you yet. I think that you should give them a call. I'm sure that they will help you make other arrangements for lunch on that day.

Let us know how it works out.

Hi,

I would definately call. I learned about the resturant's situation on these boards and called to reschedule my PS last week. The CM seemed surprised that the resturant would be closed therefore I am not surprised that I haven't recevied a call. I think that it's bad business on WDW's part to not try to contact people somehow to let them know what's going on. I was able to reschedule for the Biergarten at the same time (my PS was for 5/7/04, lunch). HTH

Iheoma

Thanks for the replies.

My travel agent said I should wait and see what Disney does (of course, she gave me that advice a while ago when I first read Akershus was going to be closed). Now I am kind of intrigued to see what will happen if I don't call. I wonder if they will ever call me. I don't plan on making any other PS's. We were only going to Akershus because my nine year old is really into Vikings right now. I just feel bad for all the people who don't read these boards and will show up looking for their PS's ............

Even if Disney Dining has misspelled my name, I still think they should find a way to contact me. I mean, we're staying at two Disney resorts, and we have plenty of other PS's for that week. How hard could it be to figure out who we are?

:crazy:

was thinking of going during our May trip - when is it scheduled to close and for how long. can't seem to find the info you are refering to.

thanks.

lisa

I hope someone bumps this, I can't seem to find the dates either.

Will this affect the PSB as well? DW and DD have PS's during our trip.

Is this the restaurant where PSB is?

We have reservations there for May 9 for Mother's Day and we haven't heard anything.

I found this post by doing a search...may be what you are looking for..

"Ilovediznee/Disney Diane posted this information on another thread - Thanks for the information. I wanted to post it so that it wouldn't get lost in a thread further down the page. I called WDW Dining today because we had PS for 5/7. This information was confirmed by a CM. They are NOT cancelling any Princess Breakfasts, just lunch and dinner. So if you've got PS for lunch or dinner for the this time - you'll need to reschedule. Thanks again to Disney Diane for the initial information"

Oops, I'm sorry.......I didn't mean to cause anyone to panic. I know how we all feel about the coveted princess breakfast reservations (we are going to CRT on 5/4).

Akershus is only supposed to be closed for lunch and dinner. Thanks to the above disers who answered the questions for others!

BTY, 18 days left and they still haven't called me...............:rolleyes:

They don't tie Dining to Hotel. So if dining has your name spelled wrong and a wrong phone number, there is no way to link it back.

Originally posted by PolyKat1
Oops, I'm sorry.......I didn't mean to cause anyone to panic. I know how we all feel about the coveted princess breakfast reservations (we are going to CRT on 5/4).

Akershus is only supposed to be closed for lunch and dinner. Thanks to the above disers who answered the questions for others!

BTY, 18 days left and they still haven't called me...............:rolleyes:

Hmm..I'm thinkin' you're probably not gonna get that call :scratchin

But..ya never know...Disney may prove us both wrong ;)

Why don't you just call them? Then you can make other arrangements for that meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter