Disney Store Permanently Closed 2020

I dont understand how they can close ALL of our locations here in San Antonio!! We were just at one this weekend and there was a long line to get in! They also had just put out a bunch of new merchandise. My girls are going to be devastated 😫

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1615336167199.jpg
    FB_IMG_1615336167199.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 18
When will the tide turn against online shopping? When enough people complain about the damaged and/or lost packages? When enough people complain about malls dying? When enough people complain about the wrong size? Sooner or later, people will reap what they sow when there's no longer anywhere to go for shopping except online, and we'll all become hermits with hardly any social interaction. The ones who will suffer the most are CMs, who are now going to find themselves in a shrinking job market. Something needs to be done about online shopping before it's too late.

When people are frustrated with paying to return things and having it take weeks/months to process like most of the time by mail it takes. Amazon has is down pretty good but most places it sucks to return by mail.

Disney store clothing items are all over the place in fitting that its not even worth the gamble now that there is no easy way to return for many of us.

On the flip side so many stores aren't even worth shopping at and have basically become return centers. Half the time I go and they don't have the item I need in stock or the size needed so then it just easier to order online and return in store what doesn't work.

Also Disney needs to lower their free ship min 75 after discounts is too high,

I think it's because Disney Stores had always dreamed of expanding their stores to sell their merchandise to team up with other store chains and so that's why they teamed up with Amazon JCPenney and now Target and because of this that's why Disney Stores are going bankrupt in the first place. When you look at it when other stores try to team up and sell merchandise it simply doesn't work. Take for example Albertson's Supermarkets teamed up with Toys "R" Us and had developed a section called Toys "R" Us Toybox in their stores and to me it was simply a remodeled toy section of Albertson's with the TRU name attached to it and it was soon a failure. Another store that followed the same fate was FAO Schwarz and even though they went broke years long ago they teamed with Macy's and Kohl's and began selling FAO Schwarz toys every holiday season and it is still successful now. But as I have mentioned before I think Disney will turn the surviving Disney Stores into a Disney version of Big Lots but what I mainly think caused Disney Stores in general to go broke was the prices for some items and when you get the ideal picture you can still find some items like Disney shirts and clothing at any clothing store and Disney toys such as dolls and plush characters for good prices at Walmart Costco Fred Meyer and Target at a cheaper cost rather than waiting for an online order that might take a long time to get to your house. But in the future Disney Stores will most likely return with a new image and a new look

I think it's because Disney Stores had always dreamed of expanding their stores to sell their merchandise to team up with other store chains and so that's why they teamed up with Amazon JCPenney and now Target and because of this that's why Disney Stores are going bankrupt in the first place. When you look at it when other stores try to team up and sell merchandise it simply doesn't work. Take for example Albertson's Supermarkets teamed up with Toys "R" Us and had developed a section called Toys "R" Us Toybox in their stores and to me it was simply a remodeled toy section of Albertson's with the TRU name attached to it and it was soon a failure. Another store that followed the same fate was FAO Schwarz and even though they went broke years long ago they teamed with Macy's and Kohl's and began selling FAO Schwarz toys every holiday season and it is still successful now. But as I have mentioned before I think Disney will turn the surviving Disney Stores into a Disney version of Big Lots but what I mainly think caused Disney Stores in general to go broke was the prices for some items and when you get the ideal picture you can still find some items like Disney shirts and clothing at any clothing store and Disney toys such as dolls and plush characters for good prices at Walmart Costco Fred Meyer and Target at a cheaper cost rather than waiting for an online order that might take a long time to get to your house. But in the future Disney Stores will most likely return with a new image and a new look
The issue is that department stores except Target (who are actually more of a discounter/supermarket hybrid) are dying, and even if the department stores tried to make their stores more experiential, it often has varying results, which don't always work. For example, in the UK, Harrods once had a Disney Store-within-a-store that also featured a Disney restaurant and the only Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique outside of any Disney Park, but then it all shut down several years later, which I put down to the location being too upmarket for such a mass market brand, not to mention that the BBB was rather niche and too pricey, and British parents found the US BBBs to be a lot cheaper due to favourable £-$ exchange rates. As for a new image, Disney already introduced a new format back in 2017 called P30, but that never spread outside of the initial few, and there were criticisms that they looked too much like Apple Stores with hints of Gap and H&M thrown into the mix, and being devoid of the magical feel of Imagination Park and the original P&G Disney Stores. Though if they tweaked it to combine the modern experiential features with the magic of Imagination and increased the synergy with shopDisney, then they'd have the perfect format. But I feel that Disney have seriously underinvested in their stores, neglecting them when they were in dire need of a refurbishment, and are exploiting the pandemic to close down even more, which is rather concerning.

When people are frustrated with paying to return things and having it take weeks/months to process like most of the time by mail it takes. Amazon has is down pretty good but most places it sucks to return by mail.

Disney store clothing items are all over the place in fitting that its not even worth the gamble now that there is no easy way to return for many of us.

On the flip side so many stores aren't even worth shopping at and have basically become return centers. Half the time I go and they don't have the item I need in stock or the size needed so then it just easier to order online and return in store what doesn't work.

Also Disney needs to lower their free ship min 75 after discounts is too high,
The other good thing about Amazon is that their fulfilment is regionalised, and especially when you have Prime, you don't have to wait for the postal system or nationwide couriers to sort the parcel and then distribute it to you a day or two later. I live about 25 minutes away from my local AFC, and everything that I've ordered using Prime usually came within 24 hours, or if I order at the right time, it arrives within the afternoon of the same day as the placing of the order.

As for shipping costs, Canadians frequently complain of higher costs due to shopDisney not having a dedicated fulfilment centre within Canada, and all orders are shipped within the US, so an order bound for Canada faces additional costs. Although only two Canadian stores have been hit, if all the stores were to close, then it'll be an even worse situation for them. And returns there are also an issue. I think that, if Disney wants to clamour on to online shopping as the future, then they need to regionalise their fulfilment centres and also adopt what's made Amazon successful.

Our local store is closing. When I moved to the area, seeing a Disney Store was such a burst of positive nostalgia. All the ones near my hometown closed a long time ago. Having this one here was amazing- I’d stop in and get something at least once a month (at least, before the pandemic). The employees were so nice. I’m really going to miss them.

It also influenced me to buy more items online, as it provided a way to deal with returns if something didn’t fit right or arrived broken.

With the store closing, I am less likely to just buy online.

Our local store is closing. When I moved to the area, seeing a Disney Store was such a burst of positive nostalgia. All the ones near my hometown closed a long time ago. Having this one here was amazing- I’d stop in and get something at least once a month (at least, before the pandemic). The employees were so nice. I’m really going to miss them.

It also influenced me to buy more items online, as it provided a way to deal with returns if something didn’t fit right or arrived broken.

With the store closing, I am less likely to just buy online.
Sometimes, Online stores will get shutdown.

I worked at the Warner Bros. Studio Store years ago and helped to close them. Time Warner did treat us okay. I hope Disney does the same for the CMs.

The thing I remember the most is all the figures in the rafters and around the cashwrap at our store. When we closed, we were told that everything except the Superman and Batman figures were going to be destroyed. (Supes and Bats were going to Six Flags.) It was incredibly sad. I thought of that when looking around the Pittsburgh Disney Store last week. I am sure the CMs are looking at their favorite dalmatian in the rafters and feeling very sad.

I hope their managers are as thoughtful as ours were. They stole the carrots from around the cashwrap and gifted them to the crew who had worked there the longest. My carrot sits in our office to this day.

I worked at the Warner Bros. Studio Store years ago and helped to close them. Time Warner did treat us okay. I hope Disney does the same for the CMs.

The thing I remember the most is all the figures in the rafters and around the cashwrap at our store. When we closed, we were told that everything except the Superman and Batman figures were going to be destroyed. (Supes and Bats were going to Six Flags.) It was incredibly sad. I thought of that when looking around the Pittsburgh Disney Store last week. I am sure the CMs are looking at their favorite dalmatian in the rafters and feeling very sad.

I hope their managers are as thoughtful as ours were. They stole the carrots from around the cashwrap and gifted them to the crew who had worked there the longest. My carrot sits in our office to this day.

Oh yeah, me too! I worked at our WBSS here and was there for the closing. It was so sad to have to carve up all the art, and that included our large Superman & Batman. We were not allowed to touch them! I did get to take great leasure though in taking a sawzall to the Marvin the Martian rocket ship the kids would play in and pee in - I hated cleaning that thing! I didn't get a carrot, but my parents did buy some of the shelving units complete with the hangar bars with the WB shield on the front (just the shape though - all black). I took that job as seasonal just to get a discount on merch - but I stayed for a few years.

Oh yeah, me too! I worked at our WBSS here and was there for the closing. It was so sad to have to carve up all the art, and that included our large Superman & Batman. We were not allowed to touch them! I did get to take great leasure though in taking a sawzall to the Marvin the Martian rocket ship the kids would play in and pee in - I hated cleaning that thing! I didn't get a carrot, but my parents did buy some of the shelving units complete with the hangar bars with the WB shield on the front (just the shape though - all black). I took that job as seasonal just to get a discount on merch - but I stayed for a few years.
Oh, I hated the play area. I cleaned up so much pee over the years. My co-worker/friend bought a table and nester set and uses it as a coffee table to this day. :)

Warner Bros. Studio Store closed in 2001.
I realize that. I did say it was years ago. I'm old.
😂

Oh, I hated the play area. I cleaned up so much pee over the years. My co-worker/friend bought a table and nester set and uses it as a coffee table to this day. :)

I realize that. I did say it was years ago. I'm old.
😂

It was a great store though. My favorite assignment was jewelry loop and it sort of became my default position. This was one of my three jobs during college at one point!

I wanted tons of DC Comics merch - I bought the Superman fleece, Batman Power Print (though a gear inside it broke :( . DC Monopoly, a couple of resin statues that are still on a desk in my living room along with a Batman cookie jar - though I broke my original one. I bought tons of other stuff too - those special days with extra discount were the best!

Why it's a business decision. Disney isn't going to keep them open just because people want them to.
And it's a very poor one, because their online experience is very hit-or-miss, and is also faceless. Disney have made too many poor decisions for their stores, and sooner or later, it'll come back to bite them.

And it's a very poor one, because their online experience is very hit-or-miss, and is also faceless. Disney have made too many poor decisions for their stores, and sooner or later, it'll come back to bite them.
Yeah. And so many stores has gone bankrupt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter