Disney survival kits?

pixeemom

DIS Veteran
so i was in Michaels today and saw a book about scrapbooking and little do dads all DISNEY THEMED and I saw this cute idea it was called a Disney survival kit made out of a paint can, all disneyed out, and inside of it were cute things, like you can put an autograph book and pens, and a roll of film and a bag of some kinda snack...
so now i am trying to hunt down any type of picture of it because i want to show my friend....
does anyone know of such a thing? or have any pics themselves they can share?
TIA
danielle

Give me a moment and I'll post a link!
WE did this not long ago as a swap.. (not goodies inside, just the paint cans)

Here are some measurements for the Quart Size cans:

I was doing some quart cans for another swap and decided to actually write down the measurements for the paper for a quart-sized can in case it would help anybody:
I used two sheets of cardstock 6 3/4" wide by 4 5/8" high. The seams overlap a little. I used ModgePodge/double side tape to adhere the paper. If you use modge podge you need another layer of the modge podge to seal it.

For the lid, I used my Cricut to cut a perfect 3" circle. If I had the option (but I don't), 3 1/4" might be a little better but the perfect circle is wonderful!

It looks like you can make 3 cans with two sheets of paper if you have an allover pattern.

Here are the measurements for the gallon paint cans.. Here is a great site for the gallon size altered paint cans..
http://www.rubberroadadventures.com/1105KarenGAlteredPaintCan.htm (you'll find the measurements and detailed instructions).

Hope this helps! :)

you're awesome nancy, thank you so much for helping me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so welcome!!
Check out the Tips/Techniques sticky up top of the scrapbooking section and you'll find some other cute things! Altered Clipboards are great to use on the trip too!!!

I totally have this book! Here is the Disney version:

disneye.jpg

Was it The Essential Disney Idea Book that SandyLion published? I have that one ... if it's another book I NEED to get it!
Love that can.

Michael's had clear paint cans in the gift wrap dept the other day too. Those would be so cute!!
I'm taking DS13 and his friend on a trip in May, maybe I'll make them some cans.....

Ok, i love that can! Want to make it for a raffle we are having at Texas Roadhouse on Feb 8th to raise money for the student trip. Even with my magnifying glass, I can't read all the stuff on the notes to each side- are they directions? Can someone please point me in that direction? Can get to Michael's tomorrow to get the mod podge, need a paint can but have enough Disney stuff here to decorate it. Thanks. Caroline

Thanks Michelle - since our student trip is to Disney, I'd really like to get the Disney can done before our fundraiser on Feb 8. It has been 5 yrs since my last WDW students' trip and I am so lucky to have this chance again. I have 25 6th and 7th graders going.

Caroline, I'm still waiting for my chaperone permission slip!!!
LOL

OK fine print, I need a magnifying glass for the book too!

This Kit Contains:
Sunscreen - for the sunshiny weather
Extra Film - for all those "gotta have" shots
Kleenex - to dry the tears when you have to leave
Candy - to much on while waiting in line
Autograph book - gotta have one of those
Pens- for all those autographs
Bandaids - for the blisters you're sure to get because you just won't want to leave
Info, Info and more Info! - lots of stuff you need to know about how to get where you want to go

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays,
dot dot dot dot

Thanks Bamb - i am trying to come up with some great raffle things for our table inside the restaurant - have this, a CM Disney picfolio, a snow globe but would like to have a few more things - any ideas? These kids are working hard at fundraising, and our time is getting shorter. Thanks. Caroline

Let me think about it overnight.
Are we strictly doing a Disney theme?

How about some t-shirts? Disney journal (cover composition books with Disney paper)

I have some quart size cans I would be willing to donate. I can probably scrounge up some pins and a lanyard too.

ETA: I could make some Disney themed post it note books too

Let me think about it overnight.
Are we strictly doing a Disney theme?

How about some t-shirts? Disney journal (cover composition books with Disney paper)

I have some quart size cans I would be willing to donate. I can probably scrounge up some pins and a lanyard too.

ETA: I could make some Disney themed post it note books too

whats a post it note book look like?

Was it The Essential Disney Idea Book that SandyLion published? I have that one ... if it's another book I NEED to get it!
Love that can.

Yup, that is it!

And here is a close up of the text (Nice and big! It is absolutely tiny in the book!):

disney3t.jpg

disney2t.jpg

Sorry I did not check back yesterday, I was organizing my scrapping area alllll day long! ;)

I think instead of film I'd go with a disposable waterproof camera. Be sure to post pics of the cans you make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter