Disney Thrills Contest question......

disneyfreak89

DIS Veteran
I just saw an advertisement for this contest to win a trip to Disney World.

www.disneythrillscontestcanada.ca

It includes an 8hr VIP tour guide. I've read these tours expect a tip at the end. So does this mean we have to tip over $800 (approx. $500 per hr x 8hrs at 20%)??? The rules say gratuities are not covered. If that is the case, I would personally just forfeit the tour!

I would be prepared to tip according to what you would have should you choose to go on this tour. Yes it’s a lot but paying oop for those tours is thousands of dollars.

It is not the ‘fault’ of the tour guide that you are not paying for the tour.

If I won such a tour I’d do everything in my power to be able to take it and tip accordingly! It’s a once in a lifetime experience that we just cannot normally afford.

Is this even legit? I would love a free trip but I'm a tad leery to enter my info into a site that looks so "blank" no home page, just the 2 banners to click on

Well, it appeared on their official Facebook page so, I'm pretty sure it's legit. Reading the rules and I came across this little gem:
  1. Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (maximum four (4) persons per room) at a hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort (at Disney’s selection) for five (5) consecutive nights;

Where do you think Disney would select?

I would be prepared to tip according to what you would have should you choose to go on this tour. Yes it’s a lot but paying oop for those tours is thousands of dollars.

It is not the ‘fault’ of the tour guide that you are not paying for the tour.

If I won such a tour I’d do everything in my power to be able to take it and tip accordingly! It’s a once in a lifetime experience that we just cannot normally afford.
Yes I agree, the tour guide would be entitled to their tip, its just that I don't think people realize when they win these things that there are other costs involved. We personally would not be able to afford the hefty tip (let alone the 8hr tour!) therefore, we would make the decision to just forfeit the tour altogether.
Well, it appeared on their official Facebook page so, I'm pretty sure it's legit. Reading the rules and I came across this little gem:
  1. Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (maximum four (4) persons per room) at a hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort (at Disney’s selection) for five (5) consecutive nights;

Where do you think Disney would select?
Ha! I thought the same thing. Likely a Value Resort or hopefully at least a Moderate Resort. Either one I'd only take me and DH since those rooms can get pretty tight with 4 adults sharing 1 bathroom etc.

As for the Park Hopper feature, we likely wouldn't use that either. DH is disabled so we can't spend an entire day in any park anymore. He wouldn't have the energy to utilize the Waterparks or mini-golf either.

Oh, and I've read scary things about flying on Air Canada out of Toronto. There are just too many things I don't like about this contest so I'm not going to bother even entering.

Again, just a heads up for those who do enter, be aware of all the hidden extra costs you will be expected to pay.

i just looked at the terms myself and they even say you're on the hook for the extra airport fees as well! It seems to me that there are lots of hidden costs, I think I'll just ignore this contest.

good luck to those who enter!

I was a Disney Vacation winner back in 2019 when I entered the the

shopDisney Now More Summer Fun Than Ever Sweepstakes .​

We were contacted 1 day after the contest ended that we won. I thought it was a scam. But it was legit.

-VIP tour, I read where some people tipped anywhere from $200 to 20% of the tour. I believed we tipped $400 US. About 10% back then.

- I was given 3 questionairres
1st questionaire was the 1st, 2nd and 3rd times we would like to go. We picked Jan 25th, 2020, Feb break, 3rd I dont remember. They confirmed our first choice.

2nd was hotels. They were all Deluxe hotels. Basically you pick your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices. We are family of 7, so I wondered if we could downgrade our hotel, so we could get 2 rooms. Disney was extremely accommodating, no problem here, asked which resort. I asked for Art of Animation. We got 2 a joining rooms. I then asked to extend our stay for 4 more nights. Disney charged us $102 per night per room.

3rd was flights questionnaire. We were able to get the 1 nonstop flight per week flight.

I highly recommend entering Disney contests

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter