Disney Tickets

Thanks so much for your quick reply!
We are going in October, so unfortunately we will miss out on that deal. But thanks for the info on FC! I didn't realise they just sold the tickets, I thought I would have had to got my flights and or accom there as well.
We would def. use the $20 for something else. I still need to arrange some San Deigo tours and transfers as well.
Thanks again!

:welcome: to the borads.

We have bought tickets through Expedia (the 14 day pass) and Disney direct.
If you buy the tickets through Expedia or Disney Direct, you will get a voucher to print off and when you get there they will give you your tickets. If you are staying at one of the Disneyland onsite hotels they will exchange the vouchers for tickets for you when you check in. If not staying at a DL onsite hotel you exchange the tickets at the ticket booth (or maybe guest services) outside the parks:thumbsup2 Its very easy.

Before you book your Disneyland accommodation through FC (or any other TA in Australia and if you area staying at a DL hotel) please check the price from Disneyland direct, the prices of Disneyland accommodation from a TA in AUS are often up to double the price you will pay from booking with Disney direct :thumbsup2 So it could save you a quite a few $'s by checking the prices and give you extra spending money :banana:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, if I bought Disneyworld tickets today from Undercovertourist or similar for our trip next year, that would mean that I couldn't then book a package with Disney, isn't that right? I'm still holding out hope that free dining will be on offer when we stay so I think I'd have to be booking a package including tickets to get that. Even if I want to buy the Disney Dining Plan, I have to be booking a package including tickets. Is that correct? :confused3

To get free dining you will need to have tickets booked, yes. You can add the dining plan to a room only booking but I think that is if you have an annual pass but I may be wrong, but it won't be free dining. But if you have your tickets and book room only, then you may still be able to get a room discount, a % off. On our trip, we didn't take the free dining, we have taken the 40% off instead, so if that is available then you may be able to get a really good discount on the room. With free dining you are paying full price for the room so with the % off you could use that for your dining. It may not be a good a deal for your family as free dining but may work out to be close :thumbsup2

This WDW booking and different choices sure is complicated :rotfl: you almost need a degree in Disney bookings to work it all out, but I guess then they would just add some new choice to confuse everybody again :lmao:

Thanks everyone for replies.
I'm amazed at how much great information is available here!!

I'm holding off buying tickets for now as we need to finalise how many days we will spend at Disneyland so it may not be worth getting AP if are only there a few days (I'm hoping for at least a week!)

Thanks again- I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get into planning!

This WDW booking and different choices sure is complicated :rotfl: you almost need a degree in Disney bookings to work it all out, but I guess then they would just add some new choice to confuse everybody again :lmao:

Oh my gosh, you are not wrong there! :happytv: Thanks so much for your advice and I'm just going to have to accept the new prices as I'm not far enough into planning (it's still more than a year away) to know how many days we will need. It will be a minimum of 4 (plus MNSSHP) and a maximum of 7. :)

Just wondering i already have our park-hoppers paid for Disneyland in California. Would it be a good idea for one of us to get a annual pass and use it to save money with their discounts and such. If we use it for all purchases etc would that save money between three people thank you. Wondering what other members would do thanks

Just wondering i already have our park-hoppers paid for Disneyland in California. Would it be a good idea for one of us to get a annual pass and use it to save money with their discounts and such. If we use it for all purchases etc would that save money between three people thank you. Wondering what other members would do thanks

I think its really a personal thing. For us it worked and saved us money, the AP more than paid for itself in the savings. But we were there for two weeks, we ate two to three meals at restaurants where we got the discount. There was a special at the time for 20% off merchandise so that was a big saving. We also used it for souvenirs (and we did buy quite a few :lmao:, didn't realise it at the time but once you go to pack up your suitcases at the end, mmm they to mount up :rotfl:) and we also used it for the Holiday Tour so got the discount for that. We also didn't have any block out days that applied to us either. As we were staying at GCH then I still got in on magic mornings (is that what it's called) where as with just an AP you don't get that.

So it really depends on how and where your family eats and shops, if you are doing any tours, blockout days and how long you are there :thumbsup2

Thank you very much just another question with the three of us could we just use one ap and get the person whose name is on it to pay for everything to get the discounts thanks we have six nights booked .

Thank you very much just another question with the three of us could we just use one ap and get the person whose name is on it to pay for everything to get the discounts thanks we have six nights booked .

Yes, you only need one AP to get the discount for the table (or group for the tour) :thumbsup2 The person with the AP doesn't actually have to pay either, but they do have to be present when the card is used. My DS went into a shop to buy some vinylmations, I was wandering near the counter looking at things and they wouldn't let him use it because he wasn't me, but he pointed to me and I said, yes, it's mine and they looked at the photo and went ahead with the sale.

At Goofy's Kitchen, you pay before you eat so you just present the card at check in. The rest when we would ask for the bill, just give them the AP at the time. Sometimes they would arrive with the bill before I would mention the card. They would take the card and the bill away then and being another back with the discount, but usually we got them before they did the bill up. You also get the discount off photos that they take at Goofy's kitchen and PCH Grill for example and from shops and restaurants at DTD (like Rainforest Cafe and ESPN).

thank you for the info that is great i am going to get one . will the disney site allow aussie credit cards to pay thanks
Also has anyone used the ap for discounts for in room celebrations at the disney hotel

thank you for the info that is great i am going to get one . will the disney site allow aussie credit cards to pay thanks
Also has anyone used the ap for discounts for in room celebrations at the disney hotel

Yes they do take credit cards :thumbsup2. But have you already purchased your park hoppers? If you have, wait and buy the AP when you get there as you can just upgrade the park hopper that you have already purchased.

I am not sure if they take the discount for in room celebrations? We did get a Christmas Tree and stocking that was waiting for us in our room when we checked in and as I did it before we left through Disney Dream Makers, I didn't use the AP for the discount. I am not sure if I forgot to ask or if I did ask and they said no. Sorry, not much help on that one.

Thank you very much that is great i will talk to our travel agent and see if i can cancel the park hopper and then get the other through Disney if not will upgrade when i get there thanks once again

I talked to the TA today am canceling one 14 day park hopper and buying the Ap. is it easy to get the pass here in Aus. ad how do i go about getting one. Also going in jan when is the best time to get the ap pass
Thank you so much for al your advice and help
Will be using Aussie credit card to get one.

1rocky, I bought my AP last Tuesday, I think it was. The e-ticket says that it has to be redeemed by 3rd of January, 2011. That is not a problem for me, but depending on when you will be redeeming yours it may be a problem for you if you buy it right now.

Personally the reason I bought mine so far out is that the prices will go up very soon, but I wasn't sure when, so I just wanted to get it at today's price.

I bought mine with my ANZ travel card as it is already in USD and it meant I wouldn't have to pay conversion fees etc.

Good luck :goodvibes

xxx

thanks much appreciated
I would not be able to redeem till the 20th Jan 2011.
So would i be better to buy when i get there.
I leave Aus on the 1st Jan 2011
Do the Disney stores in Hawaii sell them
I have been told that prices will go up 3 Jan .
Sorry so many questions.
I have already cancelled my park hopper and really want to get the Premium pass Great idea using your anz travel card i have a commonwealth one so i could use that to pay.

thanks much appreciated
I would not be able to redeem till the 20th Jan 2011.
So would i be better to buy when i get there.
I leave Aus on the 1st Jan 2011
Do the Disney stores in Hawaii sell them
I have been told that prices will go up 3 Jan .
Sorry so many questions.
I have already cancelled my park hopper and really want to get the Premium pass Great idea using your anz travel card i have a commonwealth one so i could use that to pay.

I bought mine at the beginning of December last year and the voucher expires on 3rd of Jan 2011, so I had 13 months to use the voucher (I actually used the voucher a week after purchasing though). Maybe they use that 3 Jan date for months, well they must as aussiegirls expires on the same date as mine and she purchased hers 8 months after me :confused3 weird!

From memory the Disney store at Ala Moana does sell Disney tickets but I am not sure about the AP. I haven't been since 2008 but it is a store that we have been to many many many times over the years and I had stood forever in the queue and I am sure that I have seen the tickets sold there! But.... I have been do Disney stores in other US cities so I may be remembering incorrectly and also may be seeing the gift cards in my mind :confused3 The AP has your photo on it so you may only be able to get the actual card at Disneyland :confused3

Sorry, was not much help there was I :rotfl2:

Thanks Aussie girl i will wait closer and see if the date rises to around the 20th Jan . Is there a number you can ring in USA to find out thanks
After finding about the AP I am definitely getting one when i go to WDW and before i book the accommodation.
One of our first stops in Hawaii with be the disney store.
This is a great site and a huge thank you to everyone your help and advice have been awesome thank you

1rocky, as far as I am aware the only place to buy the AP's is directly from the Disneyland website. :confused3

xxx

thank you
i will check it out to so if there is an expire date when i go to purchase.
thanks everyone

After finding about the AP I am definitely getting one when i go to WDW and before i book the accommodation.

You don't actually have to have an AP to book your accommodation or tours with the AP rate :thumbsup2 You only need to have the AP at check in, so you can arrive and go to DTD is the nearest theme park and purchase them when you arrive.

Thanks for the info you can see this is my first visit to usa and disneyland
thanks once again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter