Disney Travellers: I-5 in LA Shutdown due to Big-Rig Fire and Crash

Bud Ice

Disneyland Knowledge
A crash involving at least one big rig resulted in a dramatic fire and the closure of all southbound lanes on the 5 Freeway Tuesday morning in the Griffith Park area.

The multi-vehicle collision occurred about 11 a.m. on the interstate near Los Feliz Boulevard, prompting a response from the Los Angeles Fire Department and California Highway Patrol.
WATCH LIVE: Big rig crash, fire prompt lane closure on 5 Fwy in Griffith Park

At least four patients were being treated in the immediate aftermath of the incident, the fire department said. The nature and extent of their injuries were not immediately known.

DEVELOPING: More details will be added to this report as they become available.

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/856935432197611520

Looks like it's just north (almost at) the Colorado exit. Nine injuries, one fatality. Ugly accident.

Google maps traffic shows the closure until 6:30PM, which will make traffic a mess well into the evening.
Entering LA on 5 from the Grapevine, I would take 210 East to Pasadena -- 605 South -- 91 East -- 5 South
Or 210 East to 57 South

Oh my goodness, thoughts and prayers up for the victims and their families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter