Disney Visa 09/28 - 12/23 Code

I have a Disney Visa, and the only thing I received was a Disney rewards Fall 2008 newsletter. Was it in there? I just got it today. Thanks for the headsup!:thumbsup2

No, it wasn't in the Fall 2008 newletter. I got the newsletter yesterday and got all excited because I thought there might be something about Oct-Dec discounts in it. Nope. I have never gotten a PIN code. Ever. Come on Disney - where's the love?

ETA: I just called Disney and asked if there were any Disney Visa discounts for my travel dates (Oct 18-24) and the CM said the only one out is the one for travel through 09/27. Then I asked her to check my e-mail address and she said "are you waiting for an e-mail and didn't get it?". I told her it is always wrong when I call and wanted to make sure it was correct. It STILL wasn't (it was closer but still off by 1 letter). Then I told her a friend got a code via e-mail so I wanted to make sure it was correct. Then I asked if she could see if I had a code but after she looked she said "there are no codes attached to your household". Darn. Maybe now one will magically appear .... yeah right.

We have a Disney Visa as well and haven't gotten any codes. We're hoping for one to help make our Dec trip a bit more affordable as we're probably buying a house in the next two weeks, which we weren't expecting to do. I've already emailed DH and told him to check his email regularly as Disney has both his and my email address. Here's to hoping!

We also have a Disney Visa, and I just got off the phone with the Visa people. I was told that the discounts were sent to only a few and they would come in groups so that they wouldn't ( in her words) overwhelm the system. I also asked about my daughter, who has a new card and she said that her card was new so she would not get any discounts for 6 to 12 months. This was the first time I have ever heard of anything like this. We have had our Visa for years and the discount came out for everyone (or at least that is what I thought). Any one else know is this a new policy?

We also have a Disney Visa, and I just got off the phone with the Visa people. I was told that the discounts were sent to only a few and they would come in groups so that they wouldn't ( in her words) overwhelm the system. I also asked about my daughter, who has a new card and she said that her card was new so she would not get any discounts for 6 to 12 months. This was the first time I have ever heard of anything like this. We have had our Visa for years and the discount came out for everyone (or at least that is what I thought). Any one else know is this a new policy?

Well, that's no fun. And this is the first I've heard of this too. In the past the DV discount offer was released to all DV cardholders at the same time.

I wonder if the DV discount offers are going out in batches maybe based on the card #? Kinda like how the economic stimulus checks were disbursed (last 2 digits of SSN).

OK, I am over thinking this! :headache:

On the phone with the Visa people now. They have no idea what I'm talking about:confused3. The person from Visa just contacted Disney Rewards and she was told the only code available is for the dates covered at disneyrewards.com website. Nothing new there. Why are we all getting different information? :sad2:

I just called Visa and I obviously spoke to someone that has no clue whats going on. They said that they never send out emails or offers through the mail. That they only appear on disneyrewards.com. When do you think they will post this promotion on that site? Hopefully next week??

Touring Plans is reporting the general public code will be released Thurs 8/14 and they expect it to go to Disney Visa holders first (I am guessing Monday based on how it has gone in the past)

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

WDW Package discount coming August 14 for September-December travel?
Like Marvin Gaye, we heard this through the grapevine:

General public WDW discount coming Aug 14. Travel 9/24 - 12/23. Must buy room and tickets, and it's a discount on the room.

While that's the sum total of what we know, we expect a Disney Visa cardholder discount to come out a couple of days before that. The usual disclaimers apply.
Posted 2008-08-06

Touring Plans is reporting the general public code will be released Thurs 8/14 and they expect it to go to Disney Visa holders first (I am guessing Monday based on how it has gone in the past)

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

WDW Package discount coming August 14 for September-December travel?
Like Marvin Gaye, we heard this through the grapevine:

General public WDW discount coming Aug 14. Travel 9/24 - 12/23. Must buy room and tickets, and it's a discount on the room.

While that's the sum total of what we know, we expect a Disney Visa cardholder discount to come out a couple of days before that. The usual disclaimers apply.
Posted 2008-08-06

I don't want to hijack your thread, but no one, Touring Plans included, has mentioned an AP discount? Doesn't this usually come out between the Disney Visa code and the general public code? And, if it does, do you think they will require room & tickets? Thanks!

I don't want to hijack your thread, but no one, Touring Plans included, has mentioned an AP discount? Doesn't this usually come out between the Disney Visa code and the general public code? And, if it does, do you think they will require room & tickets? Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing. I can't imagine they'd attach a ticket purchase to all fall discounts so as to exclude passholders. I imagine they might lose some passholders if that happens. (Will wait to pass judgement until after all the details are available.)

I have a question about these DV discounts. Are they only good for packages? What about those of us who have Annual Passes? :confused: Does this mean that we will have to wait until the AP discounts come out to get room-only discounts, rather than using the Disney Visa codes? Those extra couple of days could easily mean that there won't be rooms left at chosen resorts. :sad2:

:hippie:

That makes me think this is for a package. AP rates are, as AP holders don't need tickets, room only rates. Of course, AP people can add dining plan for a package, but that doesn't usually go with package discount rates.

It could be that room only rate discounts just haven't been leaked. They are usually released about the same time.

And, yes, Visa holders usually get their discounts, then AP holders, and then general public. Sometimes AP holders get the discount first. It all depends. I'll take whatever I can get!!

OK, I have had a Disney Visa for YEARS and have never been offered a PIN, a Disney Visa Holder's discount or any other discount! And.....we had credit card fraud so they "renumbered" our card and then the 5x offer came for the 1st number and they will NOT switch it to the new number!!! Go figure that one out! It has to be the "same" number - not the same people :confused3

is the package through disney visa dining plan also or can you add the dining plan? I have, but it needs to be renewed a few days after arrival so if I need to buy a 1 day to get the pkg I will but I am concerned about not getting the dp

Nothing from Disney Visa here either. If the price is good enough, we would include one day base ticket & then use it toward our next AP.

Ok so are the DV codes typically as good as the AP codes and the general public codes? I will just apply the tix to my renewal

The Visa code is the same offer the general public gets, just a few day earlier. I can't speak for AP rates since I have never paid attention to those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter