Disney Visa Card Points

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
I'm confused on how they calculate the point totals. Yes I know it 1 point for every $100 dollars spent.

I just called in to get a point card for our next trip. I had called about a week ago and was told we had 165 points and called again today and was told I now have 190 points. We got the card in October so have only had a few months to get points.

I'm not sure if the points cross calendar years or go with the Use year. I ask because if it is tied to use year I can certainly add a lot more points by our April trip.

Anyone have an idea? I do know the limit is 750 which I hope to reach next year.:confused3

The points are based on how much you use the card, not use year.

Just a reminder, the cards have expiration dates on them and if there are points left on it they expire also - ie not able to be transferred to a new card.

for our last trip (nov 06), we had a card that expired in Dec 06. DH called and got a new card with a new expiration date on it - sorry don't know how long it is good for. That was so just in case we didn't use all of our reward points we wouldn't lose any of them. Like that would happen :rotfl: :rotfl:

The points are based on how much you use the card, not use year.

Just a reminder, the cards have expiration dates on them and if there are points left on it they expire also - ie not able to be transferred to a new card.

for our last trip (nov 06), we had a card that expired in Dec 06. DH called and got a new card with a new expiration date on it - sorry don't know how long it is good for. That was so just in case we didn't use all of our reward points we wouldn't lose any of them. Like that would happen :rotfl: :rotfl:

So it is based on how much you use the card during a calendar year to be used in the following year or when ever the expiration date is?

You can use it whenever. As long as you have at least 20 points you can request a card. Since you have 190 points, you can say "I'd like a rewards card with XXX points" You can request all 190 reward dollars or any other amount as long as it is more than 20.

Once you receive your card, it will have an expiration date on the fron of the card...usually 18 - 24 months. The points that are on your credit card statement don't expire till 2011.

Hope this helps.

It's also worth noting that points only accumulate to your reward balance once a month--immediately after the statement closing date. That's why you had 165 points one day and 190 points the next. Between the two calls your monthly bill was printed and you probably spent about $2500 (thus the extra $25 in rewards.)

I have ordered Rewards Cards twice. The first one had a expiration date of Dec 2006, The second one Dec 2008. When I decide to transfer my points to the second Rewards card, I will make sure that it is a amount that I can spend on my next Disney trip. You can have 2 Disney Visa's per person. I have 2, my husband has 2... each one can earn $750.00 per year. When the $50.00 family and friend sign up special was out, I got the other cards. It's all in the fine print, they line up on the Internet bill pay sheet. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting into debt, I pay ours off every month. We charge business expenses.

While I only have one card I set it up to link to checking so that it is paid off every month also. I never remember to pay bills.

The difficulty I had was that Chase would not accept a business checking account without my name on the check (I had the company name on the check) so I cut new checks with both names and they rejected it again saying that my name had to be first and it was not. After calling I found out I could set up the whole thing on line without dealing with checks.

Looks like I will order more points in two months to cover all our food. I had thought you could only use the points you accumulated in the last calendar year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter