Disney World 40th Anniversary

NO not in any way shape or form is Disney's (lack of) a 40th MK celebration special! I'm so disappointed that it isn't receiving the attention it deserves.:sad2:

I had planned my upcoming trip with intent to visit the MK on the 40th but recently decided to instead head up to U the afternoon we arrive to enjoy a 'special' Annual Passholder HHN event. (PAP holders will be 'rewarded' and invited to enter park early to tour several houses before they're open to general public). It's been on my to-do list but I honestly would be @ the MK if it had been promoted as an event.

The only rumor I've heard so far was that "rare" characters would be in the parks for the anniversary months, but other than that, most of the 40th "celebration" seems to be in merchandise and pricey events. :confused3 Guess they're waiting for the 50th?

I understand that, with the economic downturn and the expansion of Fantasyland, that a big celebration might not be in order. But it would have been nice to have some celebration or recognition other than stuff to buy, imho.

definitely, during the MNSSHP the next day;) where I hope to get my share of pics.

I'm with you, more merchandise to buy is a meh

Disney posted on their twitter feed today to expect something special at Magic Kingdom on Oct. 1st. They are also releasing special trading pins on that day.

that word again!:headache:Other than the Orlando locals and die-hard disney fans here, I don't think many people even know about it as it hasn't been promoted in the mass media. JMHO but for an event that deserves an 'official' celebration, a last-minute twitter tease is bizarre & just annoys me as well as cheapening the fact that the park has achieved a milestone:mad:.
We will be in WDW for a week, beginning Oct. 1. Knowing how popular the MK is on weekends, we had planned to go to AK on that date. But I keep thinking Disney is bound to do something for their 40th. Then again, the crowds may be overwhelming on such a day. My Grumpy doesn't do well with crowds. Any words of wisdom from those who know? :wave2:

did you read cheshire figment's post?

fyi, if the MK does wind up being too busy they'll shut it down to new arrivals even if staying onsite (all disney guarantees is "a" park be open for onsite guests).

mad mouseketeer vent over & out:rolleyes1

Well even if nothing special is planned we will be there. Me, my mom and my oldest daughter for a special surprise weekend, but I am still wishing on a star that there will be a little tiny bit of extra magic. I did add on MNSSHP the night before so I think regardless we will have a great time. :cutie:

My DD would be so excited...if she knew anything about the trip. Its absolutely killing me, not being able to tell her the closer we get. :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

Well even if nothing special is planned we will be there. Me, my mom and my oldest daughter for a special surprise weekend, but I am still wishing on a star that there will be a little tiny bit of extra magic. I did add on MNSSHP the night before so I think regardless we will have a great time. :cutie:

My DD would be so excited...if she knew anything about the trip. Its absolutely killing me, not being able to tell her the closer we get. :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

There will be a couple of special things going on for the 40th celebration...a special ceremony on the castle steps at 10 AM, something added to the fireworks, special artist signings and possibly some other things. I expect it to be very crowded as a lot of kids are off from school Thursday and Friday and a lot of parents are taking them to Disney. Still I'm really looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a great time.

I'm going! It's my fiance's birthday as well so I'm excited to celebrate both birthdays! :D

We're going even if nothing is going on. I'm really excited.

I will be there and I'm sooooo excited! I am doing the 5K at AK that morning but I'm really hoping to get there before the 10am presentation. I'm sending DH at rope drop to snag the exclusive t-shirts. Then I'm kind of glad we can relax and enjoy MK that day without too much other things going on. Definitely looking forward to the special fireworks!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter