Disney World MK Enchantment Fireworks Updated with 50th Anniversary intro

Liquidice

DIS Veteran
It was rumored last week when a Live Stream caught a test of Enchantment featuring an intro featuring Walt and Roy Disney - but it actually is confirmed today's 9:30pm Enchantment (still technically going on as I write this).

Disney finally added an appropriate 50th Anniversary celebration to Enchantment, it is only about 3 minutes, but a tribute to Walt and Roy Disney, celebrates the history of some of the original rides that opened in 1971 (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World, and Carousel of Progress), then some video of opening day in 1971 while Roy Disney's opening day speech plays, balloons like on the first day as well as featuring Mickey Mouse quoting Walt Disney, "It all started with a dream"- but then says you are the magic, and that leads into the normal Enchantment.

Notably, the weird long pause between the Enchantment song and the narration from Angela Bassett is still there and Angela Bassett's narration is modified (part of her narration is in the beginning before the 50th anniversary part starts).

Interestingly, during this intro a voice can be heard talking about a new project so big it is called "Disney World". A projected "Disney World" appears underneath the 50th on the castle. Recall at the time, the project was Disney World only later to be renamed (by Roy) Walt Disney World after Walt passed. I wonder if this is part of the rumors regarding the name change of "Walt Disney World" to "Disney World". In other words, the rumor is right in that they call it only "Disney World" during the fireworks - but it is and still will always be "Walt Disney World".

The rest of the fireworks are identical except Mickey says "You are the Magic" at the end.

I'm still team HEA and Wishes, but this does at least make Enchantment feel like it is for the 50th Anniversary - even if it is 10 months late. There are too many weird transitions between music in Enchantment for me, it feels like 10-15 different people developed it separately while working from home during the pandemic and didn't work together to have everything flow together. Listen to the new fireworks show at Hong Kong Disneyland, Momentous which imho is done much better than the Enchantment soundtrack.

I'll post a link to a shorter version of the fireworks intro once one is available on YouTube, but for now you'll have to make due with a Live Stream version from LBV TV DISNEY:

Here is a link to a much better quality version:

Direct Link starting right as fireworks starts

Last edited:
Thanks for this thorough write-up! We just watched the live-stream too, and while the new projections were nice, we thought they didn't add much to the existing blah-fest that is Enchantment. (Also, Carousel of Progress was featured as one of the opening day rides we think!)

I hold out hope that someday they’ll bring back Happily Ever After.
We are going for a few nights in December and because of Christmas parties won’t even see Enchantment… and I don’t even care!

I heard from a bus driver that demographics are at play here. Planning for the 50th involved the young demographic, those twenty-somethings with disposable income. They know nothing of Walt and Roy was the conjecture. An opportunity to strip out the old, and glamorise, sparkle, bedazzle, with the latest technologies! Planners did not care that old folks DO have a say, still. The celebration did not generate nearly any buzz, certainly not the 'flash mobs' the planners were counting on. So back to the vault, to hopefully generate some type of buzz before the whole opportunity is lost. Take this with a grain of salt, the bus driver was new to his route so was not totally plugged in yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter