DisneyDining.com says starting this August adults without kids can't visit the Magic Kingdom during summer or on weekends

I could imagine if adults who queue up for character greetings they will more likely be turned away if they haven't got any children under age of 21 yrs old as you could see in the screenshot it doesn't say adults so obviously you would need to be with your children for most character greetings as adults without children won't be allowed.
I have never seen or heard of an adult getting turned away from a character greeting because they didn’t have a kid with them.

I am an adult without children and I go to character greetings every time I’m at Disney- most recently at Disney World in March and Tokyo Disney last month.

I could imagine if adults who queue up for character greetings they will more likely be turned away if they haven't got any children under age of 21 yrs old as you could see in the screenshot it doesn't say adults so obviously you would need to be with your children for most character greetings as adults without children won't be allowed.
No, not true. Adults who are waiting for a character meet and greet will not be turned away. You are misinterpreting the screenshot. Stop reading junk/clickbait sites like Inside the M*agic and DisneyD*ning.com - it is false information. Disney is not excluding adults without children from their parks or anything in the parks. Now Universal Studios and Sea World, that's a whole different story.... don't even try to go without 10 children, that is the minimum required to enter (that is a joke - not true).

I have never seen or heard of an adult getting turned away from a character greeting because they didn’t have a kid with them.

I am an adult without children and I go to character greetings every time I’m at Disney- most recently at Disney World in March and Tokyo Disney last month.
This is how easy it has become to spread fake news. And here at the dawn of AI, it's only going to get worse. God help us all. :-/

I try not to be dogmatic in my responses, so I checked my best sources on this yet again... and again... and again. There are not restrictions (that I can find) on adults at Disney. Not entry restrictions. Not character meet and greet restrictions. Nor should there be. In this modern world I highly doubt Disney wants to be accused of agism. They have been bloodied up enough in the past several year. Some certainly deserved... some maybe not so much.

As the sign in Monty Python's Life of Bryan... "Always look on the bright side of life". Hee hee,

Your imagination is far removed from reality. That isn’t happening and won’t happen.

No, not true. Adults who are waiting for a character meet and greet will not be turned away. You are misinterpreting the screenshot. Stop reading junk/clickbait sites like Inside the M*agic and DisneyD*ning.com - it is false information. Disney is not excluding adults without children from their parks or anything in the parks. Now Universal Studios and Sea World, that's a whole different story.... don't even try to go without 10 children, that is the minimum required to enter (that is a joke - not true).
Funny. Good one. 😂

On my Google newsfeed it just came up an article from a news company Disney dining with a headline saying that Adults must have children to visit Magic Kingdom. The article was written June 10 2023. Reason why I chosen to reply here is that it's already been discussed on a thread so I don't need to make a new thread.
My Review about it
For me I probably would agree with it as Magic Kingdom gets fully booked and I could imagine how upsetting it would be if it was fully booked and there was a travelling party booked Magic Kingdom without children them it's not fair for a family with children who wish to visit Magic Kingdom all because adults not willing to give up their reservation for families with children.
I remember sometime in May on Fox 35 Orlando there was an article saying a brawl happened in Magic Kingdom which could be another reason why Disney would ban adults without children visiting the parks.
I've noticed when queuing for rides in standby lanes adults without children aren't letting families with children go in front of them in the queue as it's not fair keeping families with children waiting.
Another reason to ban adults without children is to keep strangers out of the park to make it happy and safe for families with children.
In Magic Kingdom it is mainly designed for families with children as there's nothing to do for adults without children such as spa's or beverage tasting and there won't be many activities adults won't be allowed to do such as visit Ariel at Ariels grotto and most of the rides in Fantasyland are designed for adults with children only. It would be a sensible idea if they did restrict adults visiting the park without children.
You seem to have a very limited idea of what an adult finds enjoyable, if it doesn't have a spa or a beverage tasting an adult can't be interested? I also think you might underestimate how many adults-only groups visit Disney. When you look at parks with a lot of locals like Paris or Tokyo the majority for sure are adults only or local young adults with an AP. Probably the same for Anaheim?

Therefore there also are a lot of adults doing character meets. On my 10 day trip to WDW, adults only, we met in total 100 different characters. Going by some former Disney character actors on Tiktok, several of them claim to preferred meeting adults, because you can have a conversation and properly act and improvise. Cuddling toddlers is fun, but it gets uninteresting for the actor after a couple of hours.

Looking at the Disney cruiseline, there are usually more adults only groups than at the parks and there are more character meets to guest ratio (my guess) than in the parks.

Disney does this because they know how much adults love meeting characters. And they are not going to remove or adjust something the majority of their guests loves to do.

Because they will loose money if they do.

If they do, we miss out on great content like this:

Also, I do not think you can claim the park would be safer for families without only adults, as the majority of the abuse cases involving children, usually the abuser is a relative or someone close by. I would have to look into it, but I think the amount of times a child at Disney got abused, kidnapped etc by a stranger can be counted on two hands, maybe even one.

Last edited:

You seem to have a very limited idea of what an adult finds enjoyable, if it doesn't have a spa or a beverage tasting an adult can't be interested? I also think you might underestimate how many adults-only groups visit Disney. When you look at parks with a lot of locals like Paris or Tokyo the majority for sure are adults only or local young adults with an AP. Probably the same for Anaheim?

Therefore also there are a lot of adults doing character meets. On my 10 day trip to WDW, adults only, we met in total 100 different characters. Going by some former Disney character actors on Tiktok, several of them claim to preferred meeting adults, because you can have a conversation and properly act and improvise. Cuddling toddlers is fun, but it gets uninteresting for the actor after a couple of hours.

Looking at the Disney cruiseline, there are usually more adults only groups than at the parks and there are more character meets to guest ratio (my guess) than in the parks.

Disney does this because they know how much adults love meeting characters. And they are not going to remove or adjust something the majority of their guests loves to do.

Because they will loose money if they do.

If they do, we miss out on great content like this:

Also, I do not think you can claim the park would be safer for families without only adults, as the majority of the abuse cases involving children, usually the abuser is a relative or someone close by. I would have to look into it, but I think the amount of times a child at Disney got abused, kidnapped etc by a stranger can be counted on two hands, maybe even one.
Perhaps, less that one finger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter