DisneyLAND bound!!

Susan and Diane are volunteering for the start of the 5K

Cathy and Barb are volunteering for the start/finish food at the 1/2 Marathon

:)

Hi, guys, just thought I'd pop in real quick between work commitments.

We are arriving Friday around noon at LAX and travelling to the Candy Cane Inn. Is anyone interested in planning anything for a mid to late afternoon meet on Saturday? I know we talked about a pool party at Candy Cane on Saturday, but haven't heard anything else. I think I decided last night after seeing the course map that we are going to have to go into Disneyland on Saturday so that I can see the park before running through it. I think I am going to be so emotional that it would not be good to see the castle (or the light in Walt's apartment) for the first time on Sunday while trying to complete a 1/2 marathon.

Also, DS13 will be with us, but is not doing the 1/2 and I am hoping that someone else has teens with them who will help make up a "scream team" for the WISHers and that DS can hang out with. Does anyone else have teens who will be at the 1/2?

Hi Cam! Meeting at the pool on Sat afternoon sounds great to me. We are supposed to be relaxing for the next day anyway right !?

We are arriving on Thur, will go to DL on Fri & possible volunteer on Sat a.m.

We are getting 2 or 3 day tickets so we can come & go & have something to do because we will be there 5 days & no car. I figure we won't be in the parks all day without kids we can see everything much faster.

Hey, Tiff! So glad you will get some time in the parks. I was thinking we'd get 3 day passes, but am re-thinking that and for about $20 more/person, maybe we'll do 4 day so that we can do a leisurely visit Saturday. I really want to see everything there because I don't know when we will ever get back there.

So, does everyone want to do a meet on Saturday afternoon at the Candy Cane Inn? We can all bring food with us, or meet before or after dinner. Not sure if there is a restaurant on premises. Where is Helen? Hey, Helen, sweetie, any ideas on this?

Can't wait to see everyone!

keenercam said:
Hey, Tiff! So glad you will get some time in the parks. I was thinking we'd get 3 day passes, but am re-thinking that and for about $20 more/person, maybe we'll do 4 day so that we can do a leisurely visit Saturday. I really want to see everything there because I don't know when we will ever get back there.

So, does everyone want to do a meet on Saturday afternoon at the Candy Cane Inn? We can all bring food with us, or meet before or after dinner. Not sure if there is a restaurant on premises. Where is Helen? Hey, Helen, sweetie, any ideas on this?

Can't wait to see everyone!

Hi Cam! Does the CCI allow pool-hoppers? We definitely need some experienced DLers for some direction here! What are some of the options?? I am such a DL newbie!

DH and I are going to get 4 day passes just so we are sure we can see everything since we don't know if we will be back. We are very much interested in any WISH meets. I can't believe how quickly time is going, we will be there before we know it!

I was wondering if we could "pool hop" also. We'll be at the HoJos since the Candy Cane was full by the time I tried to book it.

Chad's friend from Phoenix may be joining us at DL. I am thinking that maybe I coud let the guys go do "guy things" and meet up with my WISH buddies! :teeth:

(side note - this friend used to live 15-20 mins from Disneyland. Single guy, 3 bedroom house. We could stay there whenever we wanted to. THEN he has the nerve to move to Phoenix! ;) )

WDWFAN9 said:
Hi Cam! Does the CCI allow pool-hoppers? We definitely need some experienced DLers for some direction here! What are some of the options?? I am such a DL newbie!

You know, Pat, the more I think about it, I wonder if we should all meet at an eatery at Downtown Disney, just so we can all get something to eat there and hang out without bothering other hotel guests.

We definitely need to brainstorm this. A friend gave me a couple of DL guidebooks. As soon as I get a chance to read them :rotfl2: I will be glad to share what I learn!

DTD sounds like a good idea. I was lurking on the DL boards, but I havent had time lately. Boy when I get back from WDW training, planning for DL is going to be in full swing. I think there are some CS places so we can get served easier & eat outside.

We changed our reservations from the GC to DLH only because we've stayed at the DLH many times and enjoyed it every time...why fix it if it ain't broken, right?

As for a place to meet, how does the Rainforest Cafe in DTD sound? I'd like to meet some fellow DISers, if that's ok with you... Once we decide on a place to meet, we can post the meet here.

lap3 said:
As for a place to meet, how does the Rainforest Cafe in DTD sound? I'd like to meet some fellow DISers, if that's ok with you... Once we decide on a place to meet, we can post the meet here.

I was going to suggest Rainforest too! Can you say Margarilla? :drinking1

DH and I would love to have a meet at Rainforest Cafe. Yummy!!

Rainforest Cafe works for me!!

ONLY 101 days until the DL Inaugural Half Marathon!!

The Rainforest Cafe works for me too. The Margarilla intrigues me, but I guess I better not get one the night before the race! This is going to be so much fun! :banana:

WISH Racing Team -

There are only 100 days until the Inaugural DisneyLAND Half Marathon :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce: :bounce: :banana: :banana:

I don't know if a reservation would be needed so I called the Rainforest Cafe last night regarding a group reservation but she had already left for the day. I imagine we would need a reservation of right around 30 people, right? When do you think we should all get together? Friday night? Saturday night?

This is my first ever marathon or half or anything.
Ill be at Park Place Inn Best Western. We are driving over on Saturday morning from Arizona (5 1/2 hours) then we will drive home Monday.

Can I say Im a bit nervous but I want to do this so bad.

Woohooo Barb!!!!

I'm nervous too :) Not knowing the course, never having been to CA is making me nervous. But I do know this.... we're in for the time of our lives party:

Good luck with your training and WOW did you pick the perfect 1st Half :goodvibes After this one I'm sure you'll be hooked LOL

Barbday62 said:

You sound like me before the Minnie last month!

You will be fine and hooked, like DianeL said! I got home from the Minnie and decided I *had* to do DL since I was already going with Chad for him to do it. I found a charity to register through since I wanted it so bad! :teeth:

Barbday62 said:
Ill be at Park Place Inn Best Western. We are driving over on Saturday morning from Arizona (5 1/2 hours) then we will drive home Monday.

Welcome Barb! Last January I did the WDW half, my first event EVER. The support and encouragement from the WISH team was invaluable. Congratulations on having "the courage to start" (a John Bingham quote). :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter