Disneyland cancels Eastern Gateway, more parking and hotel

Good bye to my favorite restaurant (Earl of Sandwich) and to the AMC Theater. :(
Wait.......... WHAT? I didn't have time to read the article. Is EOS leaving?

That will be the kiss of death for DLR at my house.

That sucks! I love EOS!!!!!!!!! and doesn't Rainforest bring in a ton of money? That place is never empty.

This makes more sense for killing the west coast of rD at least.

I just thought about this after posting - I guess that is why they kicked out Chapel Hats (and the Dress shop is temporary-according to rumors) and are going to kick out Ridemakerz and BaB - they need to replace the restaurants that they are getting rid of. Here's hoping that EOS will go into Ridemakerz or somewhere else. Love that place!

Just read through it quickly, but the plan is for this new hotel to sit directly in front of the Disneyland Hotel? Besides being upset about losing EOS (in addition to Rainforest Cafe and ESPNZone), it doesn’t make sense to me to block the DLH like that.
It is going to be very tight and there won't be a whole lot of room between the 2. I just hope that they can get the theming right. It could be potentially very jarring to go from the DLH to a SW themed hotel.

On a separate note, I hate that they consider PP a 3 diamond hotel but are obviously charging 4 diamond rates. I know that they can get away with it because people will pay the rates but grrr....

Just saw Disneyland posted this picture to FB. It’s lower than I thought, but I still think a bad idea to put in front of the DLH.

Attachments

• 7AFAF128-356E-4257-8BFD-1BD27FAF2A63.jpeg
    7AFAF128-356E-4257-8BFD-1BD27FAF2A63.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 187
What on earth?

Disney officials described it as a “contemporary style” hotel ....Disney also plans to build a platform connecting the Disneyland Monorail system inside the new hotel.

Yes it is sounding very "contemporary" style...of course, a copy of a previous hotel isn't contemporary at all.

that will attract new hotel guests and allow the city to compete with other Southern California four-diamond hotels

Have they not noticed that they are full already? And, um, WHAT socal 4 diamond hotels did they need to compete with?

Man does that look claustrophobic...

This stands out in the hotel article...

"And that’s not all. This new hotel creates great benefits for the community, generating approximately $25 million in new taxes in its first five years of operation that go directly to Anaheim’s general fund. It also will create thousands of additional construction and permanent jobs and attract new hotel guests to the resort area."

Jab at the city anyone? It seems they are still bitter over the Eastern Gateway.

The article talks about some of the restaurants possibly being relocated inside the hotel. I sure hope they find someplace for Earl of Sandwich. It's one of our favorites!
Disneyland officials said they are beginning to inform the affected tenants of the resort’s plans and there’s a possibility some of them may operate inside of the hotel.

WOW, the theater, EOS, ESPN and Rainforest???? It's not like there is room anywhere else for ESPN and Rainforest! Rainforest is always packed!!! I pray they relocate EOS!!!!

How would you get the the DLH? That is our favorite Disney Hotel and it looks like you will have to go around it? I don't think I like the flow of this at all...

It looks like you would walk straight through the middle area to get to the DLH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter