Disneyland & DCA Halloween Party in one day?

wink13

Just a bit Goofy
DW & DS 7 have never been to Disneyland and we will be in Anaheim for 1 day on Oct 20th and were thinking about going to Disneyland in the morning & early afternoon then to Mickey's Halloween party that night at DCA. It will be DW, DS (almost 13) and DS 7. We will have a hotel near Disney for that day so we could take a nice break before the Halloween party. Is this trying to do too much in a day?

We will be in San Diego the week prior playing. (Zoo, Sea World, ect)

Just wondering? :confused3

We are Disney World veterans and the boys have no trouble doing a full day there. Older DS and I have not been to Disneyland for several years.

Please advise.

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't do it. DL is enough in itself, especially if you've never been there.

We did the parks all day with just a quick trip back to the hotel to change for the party last year (DL hotel)
Our youngest two were 6 and 9 at the time.

It was no problem at all, but our kids are used to attacking theme parks commando style. :teeth:
They're grateful if they get something more than a package of fruit snacks tossed their direction for breakfast. (can't miss early entry) ;)

I think the party ends around 10:30-ish, so really not much different than doing a full day at the parks during peak hours.

We really enjoyed it last year. Hope you have a great time!

edited to add: Oops, didn't see the prior response before I replied. Guess this is one of those 'you know your family best and what works for one person/family may not for the next' kind of situations.
:confused3

Being "WDW veterans" I would think that it wouldn't be a problem. You'll be grateful that Disneyland is smaller than the parking lot of the MK at WDW! Not as much walking to get from place to place.

Since you're staying close by, you can always play it by ear and simply leave when you see you have to. Good point above - since the Halloween Treat ends at 10:30, it's a shorter day than doing open-to-close during peak times. I think it's certainly do-able if you're troops are up to it.

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to our trip and doing both parks.

We are thinking of doing this too. Also WDW veterans who have never been to DL. (DH was there about three times as a kid but is the least enthusiastic park person among us, however to give him credit it was his idea to take the children to WDW the first time and then I was the one who was hooked... my parents had never taken me there... we actually ended up taking them with us that first trip for one day). Anyway. Thinking of doing DL during the day and then the Halloween thing at DCA that same night. Our children are 11,9,6 and I don't think it will be too much. The day before we go is our rest day anyway, maybe going to see Hollywood.
Deb

:thumbsup2 October 31st is our travel day, but we still plan on going into DL for a few hours before heading back to GC to rest and get dressed for MHT at DCA. I want to be sure we see all the Halloween decorations in DL, and I'm afraid they may be starting to come down on November 1st which will be our first full day in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter