Disneyland for Labor Day Weekend???

Hollyster2

<font color=purple>Once Upon A Dream<br><font colo
HEY! My husband just told me he has the holiday weekend off of work and we can take a trip down to Disneyland! :Pinkbounc I have never been over Labor Day weekend. Anyone offer any information on the weather and the crowds? I will take Disneyland any way I can get it, but I would love to hear from other's who have traveled recently or have been on Labor Day Weekend in the past.
I have reservations at the Howard Johnson's and haven't ever stayed there before. ALL comments are welcome! Can anyone help me out???? :confused3

We leave tomorrow for 4 nights. I talked to someone at Disney and they said that the crowds are not large over that weekend.

We got the Anaheim Desert Inn for $49 for tomorrow night and the Disneyland Hotel Friday & Saturday for $139 each night and Sunday night for $89. The crowds can't be that big if hotels are so cheap!

We have stayed at the HJ before. It is nice. It is close to talk to Disney. There are also two restaurnats and McDonalds right next door.

Have a great weekend. I am starting to pack right now! :Pinkbounc

The weather is supposed to be in the mid 80's all weekend with really no chance of rain. We are excited.

PS - We also had a reservation at the GC for $179 a night. My daughter wanted the DLH though so we switched. We are saving about $250 that way. I know I will find other ways to spend it though, he he

Wow! You did get great rates!! Online all the Disney Hotels are booked. I just learned of this trip this morning. We booked the lunch at Ariel's Grotto for Sunday. We have to see Ariel with legs, don't ya know. LOL We also got Fantasmic seating for a special treat for the kids. That was our splurge. Our rate at HoJo is $85.50 per night, and I have been wanting to give it a try. I haven't really looked around much, but your great rates have inspired me a bit. Thanks! :goodvibes

Are you an Annual Pass holder? I would try Disney. Even the 1st weekend in August we got good Annual Pass Holder rates.

We plan on going back to Ariel's Grotto one day too this weekend. I am not sure if you read my post or not. Our first experience was not the greatest but we will try again.

Have a great weekend!

Yes I read your post, and I thought it was great. I have had good experiences and disappointing ones at all the character meals. Once was great at Ariel's Grotto, and the second time was not so hot. We are going to see Ariel walking on land, since my 6 year old will think that is grand! :cloud9:
Also we are Annual Passholders. I was just online again, and it is still booked. I will follow your advice and give Disney a call. Thanks again!

I never get Disney rooms online. It always seems to workout better on the phone. Good luck!

I agree w/Brooklyn - for some reason the online system is never right. Just yesterday I was quoted GCH at the $199 AP rate for this coming weekend (Thurs - Sun, checking out Labor Day). My first thought was it must not be that crowded. We went several years ago on Labor Day and it was crowded, but doable. Just go early, have a plan & use fastpass. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter