Disneyland Hotel worth the money?

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Okay, I realize "worth the money" questions are very subjective, but I just very impulsively divided our 7 day trip (which will now be in January rather than December) into 4 days at SL and 3 days at - you guessed - Disneyland Hotel! The three days at the DL cost 3 times as much as the 4 at the SL!!! Please tell me it's all worth it for the magic and the convenience! I am really excited, but feeling a little guilty too! So please, all your " I love the Disneyland Hotel pixie dust" is needed!!!
Also, does anyone know how we get our luggage from the SL to the DL? I understand they don't have the service that WDW does where they transfer it for you?
Thanks!
Jody

In my opinion it is! The Disneyland Hotel is so different to every other hotel I have encountered. It's not the same as the GF in WDW or any other high-end luxury resort... you feel extra magic when staying here... you feel as if you are actually sleeping within the park!

The price annoys me a little though ~ we were looking at some prices and we could get the same number of nights at Newport Bay for £998 and at The Disneyland Hotel, £2,011 - that's twice the price!

However, it really is a wonderful place and its not just the excellent location and convenience. I found the staffs extremely accommodating and the whole essence of the place is wonderful. You'll have a great time! ~ I don't know how you will do it though, I would be 'killing' myself during the time at the Santa Fe...itching to enjoy the luxury of the Disneyland Hotel!

Edit: Sorry, I can't help with the luggage question as we only stay in one hotel in Disneyland Paris....however, they do do a luggage transfer from the train station to hotels ~~ I imagine that they surely will take your luggage over to the Disneyland for you!

:wave2: :wave2:

Thank you! That's just what I wanted to hear! Actually we'll be at the Sequoia lodge, not the Santa Fe, for the first four nights. I actually like the SL, but you are right, I'll definitely be "itching" to get to the DL! But I figured if I can't afford the DL for the whole time, better save the best for last!
It's great to hear that you think it really does have some extra magic. I've stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club (concierge floor) and neither of them greatly impressed me. The GF has the monorail, but I would not pay for the YC again - even though you can walk to Epcot. I think being right in the DLP park will definitely be "magical".
Anyone else have a great opinion of the DL hotel?
Jody

I'd like to stay there,

But I'd never pay for it,

I view a hotel as somewhere to sleep and thats about it.

I think of all the food and wine and gifts I could get for the money.

when i went in spetember it was bedlam in there, kids everywhere screaming cryin whinging it was ridiculous, so glad i never stayed there and stayed at the NBC instead, and this was during school term as well i might add

i wasnt impressed tbh, but probably if i stayed there id have a change of heart, but it would have to go a long way to impress me as much as the newport did

I've just got back from 2 nights at the Sequoia and I really liked it. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and chatty - can't be easy being chatty in a foreign language - and the food was nice. I really couldn't fault it.

I'd love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but I decided I just couldn't justify the cost, considering how little time you spend in the hotel. Sequoia was more expensive than Santa Fe where I stayed the last time, but I would definitely go back to Sequoia again. It was close to the parks, a pleasant walk round Lake Disney and nicely themed. What more could you want - apart from falling out of bed straight into the park, of course.

Originally posted by chrismoo

I view a hotel as somewhere to sleep and thats about it.

That's the same as us - when we are in DLRP we only see our Hotel when we wash and sleep - the rest of the time we are in the parks or in Disney Village.

We usually stay in the Cheyenne which is perfectly clean and that's all we really ask from a hotel in Disney. We also prefer the bar at the Cheyenne to the one in the Sequoia Lodge where we Honeymooned which is far from the romantic bar it was described as - more like a family bar.

I like the Sequoia too. We stayed there for a week last year, and our first four days this year we'll be there again. I'm excited about moving to the Disneyland for our last 3 nights though... I do want to roll out of bed and into the park! :-)

Can you tell me what room you had at the Sequoia? Our room last year was very shabby and in desperate need of rehab.. were you in the main building? Thanks,
Jody

We were in the Honeymoon Suite - when I booked they offered us the Honeymoon Suite for an extra £1,000 (for 5 nights) and we turned it down. When we got there we found the had upgraded us to the Honeymoon Suite for free!

Without wanting to sound ungrateful we'd have preferred a normal room - the Honeymoon Suite was far from intimate and romantic like you'd expect - it was huge with lots of areas that were just not necessary.

It certainly wasn't worth the £1,000 extra they would have charged us had we agreed to take that room when we initially booked.

It was indeed part of the main building.

Thanks Steve! That's interesting about the honeymoon suite... !
Actually my question was directed at NIK! I hadn't even seen your original reply for some reason until I saw your second one, if that makes any sense!
I think I'm going to start another thread about the state of the rooms at the Sequoia...

I was in room 101 which I think was Yellowstone Lodge. It was clean but very basic and somewhat spartan. Still, what else do you need but a bath, sink and loo [and a bed of course lol!]

The Sequoia bar I found to be a bit of a closed shop - I couldn't get near to buy a drink with all the menfolk all bellied up to the bar. I ended up going into the Disney shop and buying a bottle of coke in there rather than having a civilised drink in the bar.

I did like the theming of the Sequoia though. I found it quite restful and the walk through to the back of the Disney Village didn't seem to much of a strain. I would certainly stop there again.

I LOVED the Disneyland hotel! We stayed in a castle club room and to us, it was worth every penny. We had our own entrance into the park, and concierge was very obliging.
But the hotel itself was breathtaking. It reminded me so much of the GF (we stayed there in 2003) but yet it is different as well. The christmas decorations cannot be beat. If you are going early enough in January, they may still be up! I agree with Frances999 it has its own magic, and since it was a maybe once in a lifetime experience, we wanted to see DLP at its best. We were not disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter