Disneyland It Started Tonight

Redarrow5150

DIS Veteran
Well after a few negotiations with the wife (she's not a Disney fan) me and my daughters and her cousin are heading to Disneyland. Our dates are from January 2nd through January 7th but arriving a day early to travel some tourists spots before heading to DL. We are WDW veterans but this is the first time for all us at DL.

Tonight I secured reservations at Park Vue Inn since they offer free breakfast and parking and right across the street from the Happiest Place in the World. We hope to get tix for the Ellen Show as the three girls are huge fans. I checked Ellen's site last month and was surprised to learn this year they had actual production of the show following New Years. I thought they would take the week off being the holiday season and all so I'm hoping for a repeat in January of 2017. I'm also a historian buff and would like to visit a Presidential Library either Reagan or Nixon depending upon travel paths.

Airplane reservations are going to have to wait but not too long as we are still garnering points in the credit card department. It would appear we can land two tickets with our miles with the third tix paying for half so happy with costs in that department. Rental car is also going have to wait as the prices right now and probably a few months before we leave will be sky high. I will have to be vigilant on price line and the rental websites but won't get real active with this till fall but will check out occasionally during the summer.

I will update this as things pop up or thoughts creep into my head. I've already scoured the DL maps but will probably take a gander at them again before the month is over. I decided not going to WDW anytime soon because of the construction. Now I know DL is having a lot of construction themselves but I consider it new problems versus going to WDW and seeing construction again. We went to WDW with MK along with AK under construction and now with DHS and decided enough. It was bad enough going to basically half parks with DHS and AK it will only be worse when more construction is going on.

I'm used to navigating the traffic around WDW and will now have to learn the in's and out's of traffic for the Los Angeles area. Already my daughters are clamoring to go or see the beach which we will do regardless of the weather as I plan on taking the scenic route to DL. That's all for now as the planning continues.

Last edited:
You know this whole Disneyland trip is refreshing and unsettling at the same time. Whenever we've gone to WDW the amount of planning was really time consuming but DL is totally not even in the same realm which is the unsettling part. We're still 8 months away but can tell you from my previous trips to WDW (in the same time frame) things were pretty much outlined. I think the part I'm looking forward to at DL is only two parks and being able to go back and forth much easier than Park Hoppers at WDW. Also someone posted today about having runners getting your fast passes and totally forgot about this when WDW had the machines. Again ANOTHER thing I'm looking forward to is not having Fast Pass Plus which IMO (contrary to what Disney says) aren't that beneficial. I still have real issues (when we went) being able to get three passes for rides and many of those are tiered. My wife is a teacher so when we've gone it's during the busiest seasons and feel like getting three passes is a total rip off. Getting a fourth FP+ during the holidays leaves a lot to be desired of what you can get but hey we know this when heading to WDW during the busiest seasons. I guess sometime this summer I'm going to need to scope out the restaurants around DL to find out where they are relative to where Park Vue Inn is at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter