Disneyland Paint the Night- How long for?

Aussiefamof5

Mouseketeer
I've been watching amazing video footage of Paint the Night at Disneyland.... WOW so amazing.
We will be returning to Disneyland in November this year,and would love to see this parade.
Is this an ongoing attraction or for limited time only as part of the Diamond Celebration?

It is just meant to be part of the 60th Celebration which ends in September, but I think they are going to keep this parade around for a while :).

I know it was brought out for the 60th anniversary, but I haven't heard anything about an end date. Keep in mind, you can also see Paint the Night at HKDL ;)

I know it was brought out for the 60th anniversary, but I haven't heard anything about an end date. Keep in mind, you can also see Paint the Night at HKDL ;)

Thanks zanzibar138 I didn't know that I would like to go to HKDL someday but in all honesty a bit worried about the language barrier

Okay, so here's what I have been told about PtN. It is one of the 60th events. Thus it (and Celebrate fireworks and WoC) should be closing at the beginning of Sept. However, there is no replacement for the nighttime parade (obviously, they can go back to the normal fireworks and more than likely will because it's cheaper...and there is the normal WoC and the Christmas version of WoC, so the 60th version will more than likely go away...sadly). I am going to Disneyland in Oct and several contacts have said that I should be able to see the PtN parade. Will it still be around in Nov? I am not sure. I suspect that it will depend on if you are going before the Christmas season or not.

It is too early for the Parade Cast Members to hear if they will be transferring to another parade or not. However, the people in Imagineering seem to be in the dark on a new parade. Doesn't mean that much really, the end of the 60th is still 6 months away and they still have summer to survive. lol

Thanks zanzibar138 I didn't know that I would like to go to HKDL someday but in all honesty a bit worried about the language barrier

You definitely don't need to be worried about a language barrier in HK :thumbsup2 There is English signage everywhere, and most people seem to be able to speak reasonable English (especially the ones who work in hospitality). It's generally a fairly westernised city.

Okay, so here's what I have been told about PtN. It is one of the 60th events. Thus it (and Celebrate fireworks and WoC) should be closing at the beginning of Sept. However, there is no replacement for the nighttime parade (obviously, they can go back to the normal fireworks and more than likely will because it's cheaper...and there is the normal WoC and the Christmas version of WoC, so the 60th version will more than likely go away...sadly). I am going to Disneyland in Oct and several contacts have said that I should be able to see the PtN parade. Will it still be around in Nov? I am not sure. I suspect that it will depend on if you are going before the Christmas season or not.

It is too early for the Parade Cast Members to hear if they will be transferring to another parade or not. However, the people in Imagineering seem to be in the dark on a new parade. Doesn't mean that much really, the end of the 60th is still 6 months away and they still have summer to survive. lol

Thanks AussieCaribou
We will be there from nov 9th to early December so fingers crossed, by the sounds of things, I think world of colour is still lovely though and would be happy to see that again.

I don't think I could do summer crowds at Disneyland Way to hectic for me ...

You definitely don't need to be worried about a language barrier in HK :thumbsup2 There is English signage everywhere, and most people seem to be able to speak reasonable English (especially the ones who work in hospitality). It's generally a fairly westernised city.

Good to know for my next adventure
Thanks zanzibar

Thanks AussieCaribou, we will be there in late September/early October so good to hear there is a possibility PTN will still be around.

Paint the Night will not be going anywhere. It was cloned for Disneyland from Hong Kong for the 60th and these parades run for years. New parades often debut at the time of significant celebrations and won't change until there's a new milestone celebration. Disney won't invest significant amounts of money in something just for one year. This is a long term investment in their night time entertainment lineup. Even more so since Fantasmic is down. The only show I'd put a question mark over is World of Colour Celebrate: a) because it has not had a great guest response and b) it's self consciously an anniversary show. I'd feel pretty confident to bet WOC-Celebrate is going by the end of this year.

Paint the Night will not be going anywhere. It was cloned for Disneyland from Hong Kong for the 60th and these parades run for years. New parades often debut at the time of significant celebrations and won't change until there's a new milestone celebration. Disney won't invest significant amounts of money in something just for one year. This is a long term investment in their night time entertainment lineup. Even more so since Fantasmic is down. The only show I'd put a question mark over is World of Colour Celebrate: a) because it has not had a great guest response and b) it's self consciously an anniversary show. I'd feel pretty confident to bet WOC-Celebrate is going by the end of this year.

Hope you are right, we are going back in March 2017, we are hoping to see the paint the night parade.

Why need to worry about language... I am a Honkie and can tell you that English is our second language other than Cantonese. Besides Disney has made the park visitor friendly. They even have CM that could speak Japanese on the Main Street... You definitely can see Paint the Night a Parade in HKDL. Personally I think the HK one is better than Anaheim one. Some of the cars/ carts are different. And we used to get interactive time by using our magical paint brush touching the parade dancer and their costume will change according to our paint brush color. But after a couple of months they cut that part out. Now it is just a normal night parade. And my paint brush lie sitting around in the cupboard collecting dust.

I feel lied to. I swear that it was on the official Disney blog that said that the parade floats were being shipped from Hong Kong. Yet because of this thread, I just went to Hong Kong's Disneyland Calendar and it indeed shows that they still have the parade and it is running at 7:30pm.

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/entertainment/disney-paint-the-night/

So as you said, PtN must indeed be a copy of the floats and costumes and not the originals from the Hong Kong parade. The good news is that the parade can stay at Disney Resorts in Anaheim. The bad news is that if it says at Disneyland, we have to deal with the insane Main St clogging.

My hope is that it stays in California, but moves to DCA side of the resort where they have more room for parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter