Disneyland Paris 2008

Welcome Home!

Earning My Ears
Hoping to book Sequoia Lodge for early January 2008 but DVC unable to offer me anything as 2008 points not yet available. Does anyone have any idea when these points may be published otherwise I'll be banking for next year!

:wizard:

Here here, welcome home. I am trying to book NBC for mid Jan and keep getting told that they are not booking past 31 Dec 2007. It's extremely frustrating. :confused: I have resorted to booking in 3 nights at the Explorers online which can be cancelled without charge up to I think, 28 days before check in (better check exact timings on that). So that way if I can't get a booking with my points, I can retain this reservation and not miss out on my first ride on new TOT!!!!! If anyone has any info on when we can start to book, it would be appreciated :thumbsup2

Welcome home, apologies for not seeing this thread early.
Can't help with the question but some of the regulars on the DLP board are DVC members so might be worth trying over there. Link in my signature :)

Hi,

I have just spoken to member services about DLP and been told that they still can't book anything past december 31st 2007, but that the points for DLP are going down for next year, the reason is that they are unfortunatley taking the park ticket out of the points booking, so you now have to pay cash and buy length of stay park tickets for everyone in your booking.

I was looking at christmas time next year and the disneyland hotel has gone down from 97 points a night this year to 74 points a night next year, but a 2 night 3 day ticket costs $153 and change per person, so now not only is it a lot of points, but it is also not cheap even after you have paid for your points and yearly dues:scared1:

Cyrano and Sid74

Thanks for your posts, I spoke to my guide yesterday and was told tha DLP points for 2008 will be available from Monday 19th November so hopefully we will know by next week. Shame about the park entry being excluded though!:wizard:

sounds like it may be better to rent your points and use the cash you get to pay for the stay. We have used our points to stay at the New York Hotel but definately not a good use of points, but as they seem to be making it really hard now. Not sure I understand how they can make you buy the length of stay ticket.

Hope you sort it out and have a great time

susan

I have just checked the dvc members website and found that the points for DLP for next year are up and they claim to still include park passes! Has anyone booked for 2008 yet?

I have just checked the dvc members website and found that the points for DLP for next year are up and they claim to still include park passes! Has anyone booked for 2008 yet?

Where did you find the 2008 points? I can only find the 2007 points.:confused3

I found the 2008 points on the dvc member website under the planning section at the side, when you go down the 2008 list DLP is under the disney collection heading.

I have spoken to member services this afternoon about this and they said that it didn't matter what the wording actually said, you have to buy length of stay tickets from them before they will even take your points booking for Paris, even if you have an annual pass and can't use/ don't need the tickets, she said the system made it impossible to book on points without the tickets.

So it doesn't look like I will be using my points after all, and I am seriously starting to question whether I should have got DVC at all, as more and more things turn out to be different than what we were sold.

I was quoted $150 and some odd cents per person for a 2 night 3 day park ticket.

They are definately trying to make it harder to use points for anything else other than DVC resorts but when pushing sales they keep plugging all the other options.

We have used our points for Disneyland Paris, an exchange and a disney cruise. I know that they have also put up the cost of searching for an exchange.

It would seem the best thing to do is rent your points out and use the money to pay for a trip to disneyland paris.

I would still use the points for exchanges and cruises though.

We can always dream there maybe a dvc resort in europe one day!!

Susan

Please could someone tell me what the points for the Disneyland Hotel are for 2008 as I can't get on the website at the moment! Thanks!
Also, does anyone know if it is possible to up-grade to castle club on cash once you get to the hotel?
Debsx

I have booked 2 weekday nights at the Disneyland hotel for 22 and 23 January. They cost me 46 points each. I don't know about weekends or other times of the year.
Also, I don't know about upgrading to Castle Club whilst there, but would be interested to know whether it is possible and how much it costs. Anybody???

Bump!!! Does anyone know what the points are for weekday nights in June 2008 at the Disneyland hotel?!!
Debsxxx

I see a lot of discussion about the value of using points for booking Disneyland Paris Resort hotels. I can say from a U.S. point of view, due to the low value of the $ vs. the Euro, using points is a fair value even if you have to pay for tickets. I am going 5 nights in July, including a Fri-Sat, and it is 185 points, which if renting would bring me $1850-$2030, less Paypal fees. To book the resort and pay cash was around $2300+ (Newport Beach)(this assumes tickets are still included in room rates when paying cash), so I am thinking at best it would be a wash or close. I imagine that UK residents get a much better value paying in Euros as you both use the same currency, yes?

Of course I am only talking about a particular 5 day period, so seasonal variances may change the equation.

Hi
We in Britain still have the pound sterling and not the Euro so we have issues with currency exchange too and the £ - euro exchange rate is not so good at the moment. Sadly, (for us but happily for you) the £ - $ rate is not as good as it was a month or so ago either.
Hope you enjoy your trip to our little European park. Go with an open mind and don't expect it to be as big as WDW. Some of the rides are better than in Florida though (eg Space Mountain) and we now have a new TOT which I cannot wait to ride on my trip in a fortnight!!!!! Also the newish 'Crush's Coaster' in the studios is supposed to be really cool.
Newport Bay is a lovely hotel and remember to check out Paris itself. It's a beautiful city
Have a great trip

I am still waiting for DVC to take bookings for the end of July but was quoted quite a bit for the tickets and they included the day you arrive and day you leave. What is so annoying is that the price is in dollars and therefore even more expensive. Just not sure it is worth it. Anyone actually used the new system?

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter