Disneyland Paris Solo

Miss_Lumiere

Mouseketeer
Just wondered whether anyone from the UK has done DLP solo? And if you have, do you have any helpful hints or money saving tips? Thinking of going solo this summer (basically because I can't pluck up the courage to go to Florida on my own!)

Thanx
:flower:

I've never been on my own but how exciting to be planning a trip to DLP :)

I think NIK on this forum has gone solo and intends to do so again.

If I went solo I think I'd stay in the Pirates of the Caribbean / Blue Lagoon building 90% of the time!

I think DLP would be a great place on your own; although never done it myself :)

Reid

I have been on my own for a weekend :cheer2: and certainly plan to do so again.
If you have any questions pm me

Nikki

Miss_Lumiere said:
Just wondered whether anyone from the UK has done DLP solo? And if you have, do you have any helpful hints or money saving tips? Thinking of going solo this summer (basically because I can't pluck up the courage to go to Florida on my own!)

Thanx
:flower:

Both times I've been I have travelled on my own. Once I got over the embarrassment of riding the rides on my own I had a great time. Everyone is so friendly that you quickly find someone to talk to in the queues and what not. No one tries to make you feel uncomfortable which was the one thing I worried about. There's none of that 'Table for One' sneering that you sometimes get in restaurants and such like.

I decided that the cheapest way to eat was to 'graze' rather than book a big meal in one of the restaurants and blow the healthy diet for a few days. Colonel Hathis was good for a quick pizza - a single one kept me going for most of the afternoon.

One of the advantages I found in going alone was that I could move at my own pace - I have a bit of a disability - so I wasn't trying to rush to please anyone else. A definite plus for me.

... and found I got so much fitted in to my day! No standing around trying to make decisions, I could eat when I wanted, I could (and did) go on the same ride 5 times in a row if I wanted. The cast members were friendly, and got to know "party of one" without me even having to say :)

I organised my own trip, Eurostar then a room at the Holiday Inn booked through their website. This was a lot cheaper than an arranged package, which are only cost effective for families realy. For breakfast, consider buying some food at the local supermarket (I fell in love with chocolate Chip Brioche, yum) and then splash out on lunch/dinner. I had breakfast once at the hotel, but couldn't realy justify spending 15 Euro on a bit of bacon and some toast.

Let me know if you want any more information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter