Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I don't think anyone knows that yet since they haven't made any announcements about how admission will work.
And no one really knows when the parks will even open. Disney might want to open the parks for the 65th but that doesn’t mean California will let them.

Hence why we're having fun in the speculation thread speculating and postulating. :dogdance:

With Bob Iger on the panel with Gov Newsom, I don't think DLR would expend resources to reopen without a better than 50% chance they'll get the green light to open. As a shareholder, I'd be annoyed at the lack of due diligence if that is the case.

Our trip is supposed to be July 21 - 26! I made the comment to my husband last week that it would make sense for them to try and open on the 65th anniversary :) Hopefully we hear an announcement one way or another soon so my tears can start and be done. Happy tears or sad tears...not sure which they will be, but I want to know soon. We are supposed to be there for my husband's 40th birthday and would love to have some Disney magic (even scaled back, mask-wearing Disney magic) going on for that day.
I hope we hear an announcement soon, too. I'm DVC so I would prefer to cancel my room before day 30 to avoid any issue of my points in holding. I think it's a good bet that they will proceed as they have been with returning points to the use year when they cancel, but I don't want to bet over 200 points on it if I don't have to. Surely they have to announce something soon ... right????

I hope we hear an announcement soon, too. I'm DVC so I would prefer to cancel my room before day 30 to avoid any issue of my points in holding. I think it's a good bet that they will proceed as they have been with returning points to the use year when they cancel, but I don't want to bet over 200 points on it if I don't have to. Surely they have to announce something soon ... right????

What UY points are you using? They have a lot of flexible policies in place, I had to call them today about a reservation I had in June. Come to the DVC subforum if you have questions, but at this point if the resort is still closed during that time, you'll have some limited options (I wouldn't cancel at this point).

I'm going to guess that if Disney wants to open they will be allowed to open. Just a guess based on economics and since apparently Cali is closed to Phase 3 (admittedly I don't follow it that close in comparison to WDW) I think that could be a good timeframe.
Not saying there isn’t a chance because I think there is a very good chance. Just saying just because one wants something doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

How are we feeling about the chances of DL being open with no restrictions on reservations (AP vs PH) in October?

I am still debating on whether to pursue a flat out refund on 4 park hoppers from UCT. My concern now is less about the (temporary) loss of the funds (I know they can be applied toward park tickets even after they expire) and more about me not being able to visit with my husband or younger son because I have an AP and they don't.

How are we feeling about the chances of DL being open with no restrictions on reservations (AP vs PH) in October?

I am still debating on whether to pursue a flat out refund on 4 park hoppers from UCT. My concern now is less about the (temporary) loss of the funds (I know they can be applied toward park tickets even after they expire) and more about me not being able to visit with my husband or younger son because I have an AP and they don't.
This is a concern of mine as well! I have an AP, yet my friend does not. Rooms are booked, airfare purchased.....no I am filled with worry about her. She was planning on purchasing her AP when we arrive.
It is just so much to try to wrap your head around!

This is a concern of mine as well! I have an AP, yet my friend does not. Rooms are booked, airfare purchased.....no I am filled with worry about her. She was planning on purchasing her AP when we arrive.
It is just so much to try to wrap your head around!
I know I am luckier than most in that we drive (from Arizona) so at least airfare isn't a worry. Hotels can be canceled within a few days.

But there is no point in my hoping to go if my kid or husband cannot visit with me.

I am afraid that if I add the PH to my Disneyland app (haven't done that yet) that it would be harder to apply that money toward another PH after their expiration date. Plus it doesn't help that the thought of spending all that time at the ticket booths is... distasteful, to say the least!

I know I am luckier than most in that we drive (from Arizona) so at least airfare isn't a worry. Hotels can be canceled within a few days.

But there is no point in my hoping to go if my kid or husband cannot visit with me.

I am afraid that if I add the PH to my Disneyland app (haven't done that yet) that it would be harder to apply that money toward another PH after their expiration date. Plus it doesn't help that the thought of spending all that time at the ticket booths is... distasteful, to say the least!
My one thought is to make a new travel plan with a hotel and PH through Disneyland travel company as a back up plan. In case show preference to their reservation holders, and cancel our other ones if needed. Might be overkill, but I have 2 upcoming trips that I would like to be able to attend!

I am afraid that if I add the PH to my Disneyland app (haven't done that yet) that it would be harder to apply that money toward another PH after their expiration date.
Having tickets linked to the DL app doesn’t affect their value if they expire. CMs will use their actual value towards new tickets when you present your tickets at a ticket booth.

You can always take screenshots of your tickets and CMs will use the barcode info for the upgrade.

What UY points are you using? They have a lot of flexible policies in place, I had to call them today about a reservation I had in June. Come to the DVC subforum if you have questions, but at this point if the resort is still closed during that time, you'll have some limited options (I wouldn't cancel at this point).
Thank you! I've actually been following most of the DVC threads as I had points from a WDW April trip that was cancelled and a June use year. I was able to return borrowed points and yesterday the final 33 points were "banked" into this year so I'm all good. The reservation above that I"m talking about is fine vis-a-vie banking, but holding could come into play if they change the current waiver of holding for reservations cancelled less than 30 days. I suspect that is a low probability change, but I'm hoping to have them make a decision before then.

Im really hoping for a 17th opening. First off I would love to be there for it, secondly, I have my birthday booked cheap at Hilton later in July.

Anyone know if I were to link comp tickets to the DL app and then cannot go, could I be able to get those tickets back so I can use them for WDW? The tickets I have are good for both parks. Thanks!

Anyone know if I were to link comp tickets to the DL app and then cannot go, could I be able to get those tickets back so I can use them for WDW? The tickets I have are good for both parks. Thanks!
WDW Tickets -- see the last two posts in this thread. I don't know if that thread answers your question -- if not, I would call Guest Services just to be sure about the latest information on this.

I have a set of Comp Tickets linked to my WDW account AND to my DL account.

They won’t drop off of either account until they are used. I’ve always linked comps to both accounts - DL to actually use and on WDW to research FP info for the board.

They won’t drop off of either account until they are used. I’ve always linked comps to both accounts - DL to actually use and on WDW to research FP info for the board.
Wow! My brain is exploding. Thank you for this info!

I was hoping you'd chime in on this issue -- up to date experience is always helpful here! :)

I was hoping you'd chime in on this issue -- up to date experience is always helpful here! :)
I’m keeping them linked on WDW to check to see how ‘late’ they open up in the phased park reservations booking. It’ll be interesting to see if actual park reserving is a day or more after DVC, Resort, and AP guests are allowed to book.

They are on my DL app for safekeeping for DD and new SIL to use. 😊

I’m keeping them linked on WDW to check to see how ‘late’ they open up in the phased park reservations booking. It’ll be interesting to see if actual park reserving is a day or more after DVC, Resort, and AP guests are allowed to book.

They are on my DL app for safekeeping for DD and new SIL to use. 😊
I linked them to both accounts no problem! I'm so happy for this board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter