Disneyland vs WDW which is better for character M&G's?

We’ve never seen LT at Disneyland. Tweedle Dee and Dum can be seen at the quick service restaurant on Main Street... near Holly Jolly. There’s a piano out there and we’ve seen them several times, sometimes with Alice and Hatter.
Yeah CharacterCentral needs to get it together. They think they know everything about the characters but KennyThePirate>>>>>CharacterCentral.

Oh, I don't remember - I'm always walking through the parks. I would say it was after the holidays, but before the Magic Happens parade premiered. Also, when they were doing the character cavalcade, there were more hard-to-find characters meeting in the parks.

That’s so neat. We saw Wendy and Merida one Sunday in January and I completely freaked out. 🤣 Will have to keep my eye out for Lady Tremaine when Disney life resumes!!!!

I saw Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters sometime last year. They were passing through Fantasyland. I didn't grab a pic b/c it was very crowded and I was on my way to someplace. That was my first time seeing them roaming in the 2 years of having a pass.

I know they also used to come out at the end of Mickey's Halloween Party with the rest of the villains. I just never stayed late enough to see them.

We love just bumping into characters at DLR! It's so much fun to be heading to an attraction and then see one or two walking along the path, too. It feels more like they live there - like they're a part of the parks themselves, rather than a separate attraction that you need a FP for. We've had so many spontaneous character interactions at DLR that I can't even remember them all.

Disneyland had the best character interactions!! There is no competition. I would definitely eat at Goody's Kitchen over Chef Mickey's any day. The characters actually take time with you and don't care if you are all adults .
My aunt came with me to Minnie’s Breakfast last year. She’s in her mid 50’s. She at first thought I was crazy for having her go to the character meal. Her attitude changed when she got hugs from Pooh,Eyore, and Tigger lol. She was surprised they interacted so well with all ages!

Considering that we had to use Fastpasses to see characters in WDW, this one is no contest to me. DL’s spontaneous character interactions are amazing! Some of our best ones included Dr. Facilier sneering at my daughter’s Tiana dress in New Orleans Square, riding the carousel with Mary Poppins and Bert, strolling along the river with Capt Jack Sparrow, teasing Gaston, learning Jedi mind tricks from Rey, talking to R2D2, and the nearly 10 minutes Pocahontas spent taking with my girls when we just noticed her standing quietly by the river one afternoon. My girls had colored extensions, and she told them that the colors of their wind had gotten caught in their hair. Ahhhh....good memories!

We were there the day they reopened Tom Sawyer island after the railroad re-construction in 2017, and we took the boat across and encountered Captain Jack Sparrow. Who proceeded to spend more than ten minutes with my daughter, showing her around the island, telling her about his adventures, and just...stuff. It was awesome. DL character interactions are phenomenal.

I agree with what others have said, DL wins due to the roaming character interactions. Also, while WDW has more character meal options, IMO the Plaza Inn breakfast is the best character meal at either resort (in terms of character interactions).

I agree with what others have said, DL wins due to the roaming character interactions. Also, while WDW has more character meal options, IMO the Plaza Inn breakfast is the best character meal at either resort (in terms of character interactions).
Which characters appear there? I’ve heard Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore so far. Does Piglet appear there, or in DLR at all? CharacterCentral says he doesn’t meet in DLR.

Which characters appear there? I’ve heard Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore so far. Does Piglet appear there, or in DLR at all? CharacterCentral says he doesn’t meet in DLR.

We met:
Rafiki, Pooh, Tigger, Hook, Max, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Eeyore, and the Fairy Godmother.

It will vary. I've done it twice and have seen: Fairy Godmother, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Chip, Dale, Max, Rafiki, Captain Hook, Minnie, Penguin from Mary Poppins.

From other people's pictures I've also seen: Honest John and Gideon (they roam around Fantasyland too).

It has been a little different each time we have done it, we were there the day before the resorts closed and we saw Chip, Dale, Peter Pan, Fairy Godmother, Minnie, Tigger, Eyore, Captain Hook, Max, Rafiki and Honest John. That is 11 characters and it was actually the least number of characters we have seen there (I think 14 is the most).

We've seen those that others have mentioned, plus Cinderella mice Suzy and Perla and Geppetto.

I’ve heard Stitch (one of my favorite Disney characters) is rare in DLR according to CharacterCentral. The only place I’ve heard of him meeting is at the character breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel, but is there a place in the parks there that he meets at? Like Tomorrowland?

Otherwise if I have to resort to the character breakfast at PCH grill to see him, what other characters appear at it? Does Lilo show up?

Paradise Pier also has Minnie, Donald and Daisy for breakfast. They used to have Mickey but I don't think he joins for breakfast anymore. I know Lilo has occasionally shown up for breakfast at PCH grill years ago but have not hear about or seen her showing up at all there in recent years.

The next easiest place to meet Stitch would be the California Adventure Disney Visa Greeting Area. CMs won't always tell you who is there so you can't really guarantee seeing Stitch. If you don't have the credit card already, you get a bigger sign up bonus using a person's referral link than using public links. I think it's against the rules to post referral links on the forum so I guess you could PM me if you want a referral.

I know he does roam the hotels and the Hollywood Area of California Adventure but that's so rare you shouldn't count on it. If you must meet Stitch, you should book the breakfast. Otherwise, you could try going to the hotel right when the breakfast ends to see if he's still wandering around the lobby which happens when there aren't very many guests at breakfast.

Lilo is rare. I saw her once last year during the get your ears on party in Tomorrowland. She was dancing on stage.

Stitch is also at Mickeys Magical Map show, though not for meet and greet. He performs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter