• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
Hi everyone. I am going to Disneyland in Cali this Thanksgiving (we are visiting my half sister who lives in Arizona and then going to Disneyland AFTER the holiday).. i'm pretty much a pro at planning WDW vacations but this Disneyland is all new to me! I've gotten an idea of the restaurants, etc but what I am wondering is there a board like this one for DL restaurants? I checked the DL board here at the DIS and there aren't that many reviews, etc.

Thanks so much! And have a magical day... :wizard:

We love Disneyland.... I grew up 20 minutes from DL, so we went all the time while I was a kid. Now I live in Ok., and don't get out there as much as I would like to!! There are several other boards that are based more on DL than WDW. Some I can think of are www.mouseplanet.com and www.laughingplace .com and www.intercotwest.com
If it is showing while you are at DL... do NOT miss Fantasmic!! The DL version puts the WDW one to shame. Do a search of posts by me in the DL forum here, and you can get a tip on how to get a great seat at the Riverbell Terrace to watch the show from. And at CA, the Alladin show is amazing. We see it 2-3 times every time we are there. Be sure to see the attractions that they have a DLR that are not at WDW. The Alice in Wonderland ride/ Mr. Toads Wild Ride/The Matterhorn, and others. Also, POTC is better at DL. And the Haunted Mansion will have it's halloween/christmas layover at that time....and it is super. The theme is the Nightmare Before Christmas, and it is so well done that I liked it even though I hadn't seen the movie before riding the ride! Hope this helped, and have a great trip! :cheer2:

You MUST eat at the Blue Bayou at Disneyland. It is AWESOME and the ambience cannot be beat. We ate there twice during our last trip, once for lunch (their famous Monte Cristo sandwich is only available at lunch!!) and once for dinner. There is also a really neat outdoor cafe in the middle of main street called the Carnation Cafe that is just perfect for lunch. Finally, I just LOVE Granville's at the Disneyland Hotel (it's a steak house). We usually get the prix fixe menu here, we find it to be a great value. Those are my 3 DL faves :) You can find menus here: http://allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm. Now that I think about it, the only DL place that I haven't really been wowed by is Wine Country Trattoria at California Adventure. It was just kind of bleh to me.

I second scammom's advice about Fantasmic....the WDW one is a poor imitation of Disneyland's version! We don't even bother going to Fantasmic when we're at MGM anymore....it's just so disappointing once you've seen the original at DL. And yes, the Aladdin show is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! It also beats the crap out of any WDW show there is (sad but true).

scanmom said:
And the Haunted Mansion will have it's halloween/christmas layover at that time....and it is super.

Small World should have its holiday makeover too. Make sure you stay for then chiming of the Small World clock (every 15 mins.). Last Christmas they had some projections/animations on the SW building that was pretty amazing.

I am also a Disneyland Girl - grew up going there on our yearly jaunts to see the fam in Calif. I LOVE Blue Bayou - have the mint julep! Haven't been to DL in years, but I do get tired of it being put down as the step-child of Disney. I have many happy memories there - hope you make some too!

DisneyMama27 said:
Haven't been to DL in years, but I do get tired of it being put down as the step-child of Disney.

No way in the world is Disneyland the step-child of Disney....anyone who says that obviously hasn't spent much time there :goodvibes There is no Disney park on earth that is more "Disney" than Disneyland...and this is coming from a loyal WDW-goer :)

Yookeroo said:
Small World should have its holiday makeover too. Make sure you stay for then chiming of the Small World clock (every 15 mins.). Last Christmas they had some projections/animations on the SW building that was pretty amazing.

A small video of the It's a Small World Holiday 2005 projections.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W59C_to2fw

I really hope the projections return again this holiday season!

They have the best food ever, in my opinion. They have this chicken wrap, filled with avocado, lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomato, and peppercorn ranch dressing. The best ever!!!! I have to go there at least every month, just to get my fix. It is at the end of Downtown Disney, next to the Disneyland Hotel. I cannot stand the Rain Forest Cafe, but other people may like it. Most people go for the scenery. But if your going for food, try ESPN. I am telling you the bomb food. Oh and Hooks Pointe at the Disneyland Hotel is good. If you like alcohol, they have a fantastic bar right next to it outdoors. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter