Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

My favorite resort is POP. Like you though I have moved to Movies over the last 2 years cause of price. TBH other than the resort being a little more spread out and no skyliner. There isn't much difference. Sometimes the all star resorts share buses and Movies is the last of the 3 for pick up and drop off but they come more often than POP buses in my experience.
And Pop Century has the pretty Lake.

One of my girlfriends is planning at November 2023 trip to Disney and we got to talking and I am working on planning one too now.

I have priced some things out and All Star Movies seems like a good fit.
Can someone share the good/bad/ugly?
I stayed at POP last year and loved it. It's $500 more for the week than All Star Movies and I'm not sure if it's worth the price difference so I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on All Star Movies.

I love ASMo and would definitely stay there again. I enjoyed POP, too, but for the price, I wouldn’t choose it over the All-Stars. They are similar in a lot of ways.

One of my girlfriends is planning at November 2023 trip to Disney and we got to talking and I am working on planning one too now.

I have priced some things out and All Star Movies seems like a good fit.
Can someone share the good/bad/ugly?
I stayed at POP last year and loved it. It's $500 more for the week than All Star Movies and I'm not sure if it's worth the price difference so I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on All Star Movies.
Hi! We were at POP for a few nights last weekend and we are at ASMO this week. We prefer POP but the price point here is much better especially since the skyline is down for the week. Our room at ASMO is in better shape than our POP rooms were. We switched rooms 3 times before we got one without an issue at POP. ASMO has a dessert counter with ice cream which I love having and miss at POP. We have a room in the Love Bug section and it is not very far from the food court and transportation. The Mighty Ducks section is super close to the ASMU bust stops so you have the option of using either which is convenient. For Epcot/HS heavy trips POP is a better choice but ASMO is a great little resort!

Is it possible to request a building #? I booked a standard room. On my plans on the WDW website I only see choices to pick "ground floor room", connecting room, etc.

Is it possible to request a building #? I booked a standard room. On my plans on the WDW website I only see choices to pick "ground floor room", connecting room, etc.
It is but you have to call to have the request noted on your reservation. I'm not sure why but they don't have all the sections of the resort listed as request options when you do the online check-in. I have done this and gotten my request most of the time.

Im going to be in a standard room. I looked on touring plans and it shows that the only buildings that have standard rooms are the Mighty Ducks and Lovebug. I am ok with this, but curious: has anyone been put in one of the other buildings, when they chose a non preferred standard room? I mean being put into one of the preferred buildings without requesting?

Last edited:
Im going to be in a standard room. I looked on touring plans and it shows that the only buildings that have standard rooms are the Mighty Ducks and Lovebug. I am ok with this, but curious: has anyone been put in one of the other buildings, when they chose a non preferred standard room? I mean being put into one of the preferred buildings without requesting?
Go for Mighty Ducks. It's closer to the All Star Music bus locations and food court. So you have choices of catching buses for either resort.

I called customer service and requested the mighty ducks! Thanks for the suggestion
Mighty Ducks is EXTREMELY close to Melody Hall at All-Star Music!

Literally a minute or 2 from some of the rooms.

I always say staying in Mighty Ducks is like getting a Preferred Room at All-Star Music for a Standard Room price.

And Mighty Ducks has its "own" Pool and Laundry.

I was going to say the same thing about Mighty Ducks as the above posters. It's usually fairly quiet in this section too. I've also found I like the food court at Music better - I think because of the way it's laid out, it doesn't seem as loud. Hope you have a great trip!

What would be the best way to go to Ale & Compass for breakfast, after checking out of All Star Movies? Uber? I see on Google Maps that it recommends taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and walking 20 minutes. We would just have two backpacks 'as luggage'....

I really liked Pop on my last two race weekends but chose to save 50$ per night and try ASMo this time.

I just read this as a bonus on the Pop thread:
No Skyliner,but one cool advantage the All-Star Resorts have over Pop Century is that their Beverage Islands are available 24/7 for Mug use.

Also, their Food Courts open at 6:30 AM and "usually" one Register opens around 6:15 AM for Grab n Go purchases.
Is coffee available 24/7 at these stations or just soft drinks?

I really liked Pop on my last two race weekends but chose to save 50$ per night and try ASMo this time.

I just read this as a bonus on the Pop thread:

Is coffee available 24/7 at these stations or just soft drinks?
Yes, with a Mug.

Honor system.

Does anyone knows for how long the resort will hold a package? If I have something shipped a month before my arrival, is it too early?

I see the original post is from 2004 and it says a refrigerator is an extra charge. I recently called the resort and asked if a refrigerator was in the room and they said yes.

Can someone please verify the refrigerator is there, because we are getting some cold items at a grocery store before we check in.

Thank you 🙂

I see the original post is from 2004 and it says a refrigerator is an extra charge. I recently called the resort and asked if a refrigerator was in the room and they said yes.

Can someone please verify the refrigerator is there, because we are getting some cold items at a grocery store before we check in.

Thank you 🙂
It’s in there and no extra charge :)

ALL WDW Resort Rooms now have Fridges.

Fridges were added to the Values years ago when Disney started "plussing" them with the Fridges,Pool Towels,expanded Room Delivery Menu,etc.

Some call what is in the Rooms at Movies "Beverage Coolers" and some call them Fridges,but we have found them to cool adequately no matter the designation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter