Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Is ASMu the least favorite resort? I was planning on staying here next November and it took me a while to find this thread! Personally, I think it's a very cute resort.
Not really the least fav but has challenges. AsMu theming can be gorgeous esp around the Jazz bldg with the fountain. But ASMu has a long narrow footprint meaning that most regular rooms are bldgs that are a much longer walk from the main lobby, caf and the buses. Contrast with AS Sports that has a wider footprint and is my preferred AS resort because of the layout. For regular room, I go with the Basketball Hoops bldg at AS Sports for an easier walk through Surfs Up preferred to the buses. I've stayed at both AS resorts and also found the lighting much worse at ASMu so a darker walk back to the room. If you are a single guest, that can make a big difference.

If you paid for a preferred room at ASMu, then it may not matter because some preferred rooms are much closer to the main lobby and bus. The exception to this would be the preferred Jazz Building. It's about mid way in the layout. I stayed there some years ago (when it was classed regular) and the fountain and grounds are beautiful but I wouldn't pay preferred now to be that deep into the grounds. If you pay preferred, then ask both online and on check in for a closer bldg. If paying for a regular room, consider Broadway. The Country bldg is right at the very back of the back of the property and the longest walk. And from Broadway, it might be faster to cut across the parking lots and catch the AS Movies bus. Def study the resort map and decide what works best for you.

Thank you so much for your insight. The lighting matters a great deal to me as it will be my daughter and I only. She's a young adult but I'm not comfortable walking in dimly lit areas of unfamiliar places. I may either upgrade to a preferred building or buck it up and spend the extra to stay at our regular resort (POFQ)

Is ASMu the least favorite resort? I was planning on staying here next November and it took me a while to find this thread! Personally, I think it's a very cute resort.
I’m in agreement that sports is probably the one that gets the least love. I have no issues with any of the All Stars…we have stayed at music and movies many times. Sports only once. I think people avoid sports because there are often large groups/teams staying there.

The lighting matters a great deal to me as it will be my daughter and I only. She's a young adult but I'm not comfortable walking in dimly lit areas of unfamiliar places.
Maybe call Disney and explain your concerns. When I stayed at ASMu many of the bulbs were blown in the outdoor lights esp as you walked to the Jazz bldg and beyond to the other bldgs. Also seemed to be more spacing between the lights so more gaps than at AS Sports or Pop Century. Def consider both AS Sports and Pop Century as alternatives. While I have visited POFQ many times, I have stayed at PO Riverside 13 yrs ago and while I loved it then, would now find the cost per value a challenge esp with today's dollar. See what Disney can do - perhaps an upgrade to Preferred if concerns? If not, see if Pop Century works for you. Pop has many more guests so a busier and less isolated feel esp after 9pm. More families walking at late hours so perhaps more comfort. All the best.

Hello everyone. My family and I will be staying at All Star Music for the first time in March. We have previously stayed at Movies, Pop Century, and Art of Animation. I was thinking about using the mobile check in. Are there any advantages of doing the check in 60 days ahead?

Thank you so much for your insight. The lighting matters a great deal to me as it will be my daughter and I only. She's a young adult but I'm not comfortable walking in dimly lit areas of unfamiliar places. I may either upgrade to a preferred building or buck it up and spend the extra to stay at our regular resort (POFQ)
I've stayed at all levels of resort and never found any of them to be dimly lit. I have been traveling with my DD since she was 7 (now 22) and I have never felt uncomfortable. We have come back to our room after park closing many times. There are always people around. The only time I can recall seeing no one was the time we had to be out for DME at 4am.

When staying at a value now we only book a preferred room. I've had the 'good luck' of staying in a standard room and being literally the last room farthest from the lobby and more than once.....never ever doing that again.

Has anyone been able to apply the new discount to their Music suite reservation? When I try to apply it to my existing reservation, it says "We are unable to show rates at this time, please try again or check back later." That's different than the normal "this room is unavailable" note, so I was confused about whether that means there will be a discount available or not.

ETA: Nevermind, it finally changed to the unavailable message. Looks like there are no rooms for the offer during my stay.

Last edited:
I’ve already fully paid my vacation will I still be able to get the discounted rate?
You’ll have to call. I would check online and make sure that there’s even a discounted room available that you want before you sit on hold for a million years.

I think most consider All Star Sports as the worst, but it’s subjective. I don’t have any issues with ASMu and have stayed there twice. Both enjoyable trips. Do I prefer other resorts over it, yes, but there’s nothing wrong with it.
Why do people think sports are the worst?

I think it is mainly because Sports "usually" hosts more youth events( Cheer/Dance,other youth Sports events,etc.)than Music and Movies.

But Sports does have some advantages-when Sports,Music and Movies are bus sharing,Sports is first pickup and first drop off and Sports is the closest to the McDonalds-very easy walk.

I prefer AS Sports to AS Music. The wider footprint of the resort's layout is easier on the feet than ASMu when booking a regular room esp if you know which buildings to request. I really prefer the bus system there as the default has always been Sports first for pickup and drop off. I've never stayed at AS Movies as I'd booked with free dining in past years and Movies never offered in that promotion. The lower price at the All Stars works for me as I'm only in the room to shower and sleep. I also don't eat at the caf so a resort restaurant doesn't matter either.

I think it is mainly because Sports "usually" hosts more youth events( Cheer/Dance,other youth Sports events,etc.)than Music and Movies.

But Sports does have some advantages-when Sports,Music and Movies are bus sharing,Sports is first pickup and first drop off and Sports is the closest to the McDonalds-very easy walk.
I always choose Sports first when staying value, but I book a preferred room for convenience. My hubby enjoys the close walk to McD for breakfast at times and we prefer the bus situation as mentioned. When sharing with the other All Stars it’s first on, first off 👍

I've stayed at all levels of resort and never found any of them to be dimly lit. I have been traveling with my DD since she was 7 (now 22) and I have never felt uncomfortable. We have come back to our room after park closing many times. There are always people around. The only time I can recall seeing no one was the time we had to be out for DME at 4am.

When staying at a value now we only book a preferred room. I've had the 'good luck' of staying in a standard room and being literally the last room farthest from the lobby and more than once.....never ever doing that again.
The "Country" section! The rooms do have a nice nature view🐸

For those of you who have stayed in an updated family suite recently, does anyone know if there is a garment steamer in the room like they have at the Deluxes? I’m coming down for a wedding and would rather not lug mine down if I don’t have to
Can I ask if you found the answer to this question as I'm interested too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter