Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also does anyone know what time the buses start running in the morning? The one thing I will miss about staying at the Beach Club is running the boardwalk every morning. Was wondering what the earliest I could get over there via bus? Anyone care to venture a guess? I know I would prolly have to go to Epcot or Magic Kingdom run over to the Boardwalk, than run the beautiful scenery and run back to the bus stop......Any suggestions on the quickest and earliest I could do this and be back at AKL? Thanks!!!

Sorry bout all the questions

If you are looking for an early morning run, Epcot won't be helpful to you. You would have to run the entire way through the park to exit by the International Gateway and it won't be open before 9:00 (except during EMH).

You cannot run from MK to Epcot either.

Possibly a bus to Studios and a run along the walkway over to BW and then around the YC/BC circuit? Still, the buses won't be running super early except for EMHs.

Hope that helps.

Hi everyone,
Joining the thread because we are looking at staying in either Feb '16 or April '16. We are DVC members and we would like to do a split stay between GF (our home resort) and then finishing with 2 nights at AK with a savannah view. Debating Kidani Village vs Jambo House. Any suggestions? And what are the perks of staying at DVC club level at Jambo? Suggestion, input and recommendations are welcome. I should add that our boys will be almost 6 and 8 at time of travel.
Thanks!

...first of all, :welcome:...honestly, you can't go wrong with either location. I find that the main difference is that Jambo is more 'expansive' and therefore more dramatic, vs. Kidani, which seems more 'intimate', if that helps....

Just booked AKL as the second resort of a split stay for Thanksgiving Week 2015. My Husband has had some health issues this year so we decided to splurge and go for club level. We have never stayed here before but have always wanted to. We love Boma! We have eaten there for breakfast and dinner in the past and saw the holiday decorations.

....it's obvious that you are a person of exceedingly good taste.....:rolleyes: [ :teeth: ]

BTW, hope your DH's health issues clear up....:hug:

Kim, am i correct that some standard view rooms are in sunset savanna or is that just a rumor? Also would your reccomendation for a standard room be a lobby view room or something else. Have never stayed at AKL and seems as if you are pretty up to date. Thanks!! :) :)

butternut said:
Kim, am i correct that some standard view rooms are in sunset savanna or is that just a rumor? Also would your reccomendation for a standard room be a lobby view room or something else. Have never stayed at AKL and seems as if you are pretty up to date. Thanks!! :) :)

In the research that I have done most prefer the standard rooms in Kudu trail. There are some Sunset Savannah rooms. I have seen the views on www.touringplans.com. They arent bad views, but they are not my preference. There appear to be standard savannah views that are obstructed view or are at the furthest end of the Kudu and Zebra Trail. That is why I was leaning toward a Lobby room. I just wasn't sure of the noise level or view since the lobby rooms appear to be the least discussed. Check out Touringplans.com for room view pics.

My family is staying at Kidani in about 10 days. I read on another Diseny site that there was construction and the section of the Kidani Pool area for children was closed through Oct. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

We will be staying at AKL in late January for 4 days before our Disney Cruise. We would really like to do the Night Safari, however the only day we can fit it in is the evening we are seeing Fantasmic. We have been to WDW many times so we know the situation with buses ect.

Fantasmic starts at 7pm. We probably won't be the first out of the theatre, we will more likely wait until some of the crowd has left as my sister hates being in the middle of the crowd.

We need to meet at 9:45pm at AKL for the tour. I'm thinking a taxi might be the best way to avoid the problems with the buses on the night. Driving isn't an option. If we want to use Disney Buses, should we make it to AKL from HS in that time frame? :confused3

We are staying at Kidani in Nov for the 1st time. I just did my online check in and requested Savannah View and low floor.

Are rooms on the ground floor with a savanna view not good? I hate elevators so I prefer ground floors.. are there stairs to get to the other levels of the hotel if I am placed on the second floor?

Never having stayed at AKL before, I have a "standard" room reservation. I am thinking of asking for 3rd floor Kudu trail. My question is, are there observation points on the third floor or do you basically need to get down to the lobby if your room has no view (or animals that is)?

If you are looking for an early morning run, Epcot won't be helpful to you. You would have to run the entire way through the park to exit by the International Gateway and it won't be open before 9:00 (except during EMH).

You cannot run from MK to Epcot either.

Possibly a bus to Studios and a run along the walkway over to BW and then around the YC/BC circuit? Still, the buses won't be running super early except for EMHs.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I don't know why I said MK. I meant Studios. I might just suck it up and run at AKL even though the scenery outside at AKL is less than desirable. But hey you know what they say, "A bad day of running in Disney is better than a great day of running in Albany NY!" :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Can not leave to just hop on that plane Wednesday morning! Looking forward to sharing some pictures with you guys during out trip!!

....are you talking about a std DVC room, or are you thinking of the std 'hotel' rooms? They are quite different, you know....

Hey kimmar! (Or anyone who knows this.)

I rented DVC points for my room in Kidani. It's now 20 days until my trip (AHHHHHH! I AM NOT READY) and I wanted to know, should I do online check-in? Any pros/cons?

When I did the room requests, I think I asked for a high floor room, that may have been it. I know they say to request one closer to the elevators, but I'm okay with walking. I'm young, I'll function well as long as I don't sprint all over the place and pull a muscle like I did last trip. :lmao:

Would the online check-in give me a room earlier? (I doubt it, right?) I'm getting in at 8AM, so I figured I would just go to the parks straight from the airport, and have the DME take my tagged luggage to AKV.

Yes, no? I'm confused, help? :p

..are you talking about a std DVC room, or are you thinking of the std 'hotel' rooms? They are quite different, you know....
_______Hi Kim! i was talking about a standard view in AKL not dvc___________

We are staying at Kidani. Is there a map somewhere out there for the walk to jambo house? What's fastest way there walking?

All the buses go to jambo house except the downtown Disney bus correct ?

And there is a shuttle as well I reas

We are staying at Kidani. Is there a map somewhere out there for the walk to jambo house? What's fastest way there walking?

All the buses go to jambo house except the downtown Disney bus correct ?

And there is a shuttle as well I reas

There is a sidewalk between the 2 resorts. It's the only way to walk there! ;) The walk is only 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your pace.

The DTD bus goes from Jambo to Kidani to DTD. The park buses go from Kidani to Jambo to the park.

HTHs!

There is a sidewalk between the 2 resorts. It's the only way to walk there! ;) The walk is only 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your pace.

The DTD bus goes from Jambo to Kidani to DTD. The park buses go from Kidani to Jambo to the park.

HTHs!

So there is no way to walk through the hallways of Kidani to get to Jambo house? The entire walk is outside?

I asked this about a week ago on the previous thread and got no response so I'll try here.

Our checkin window for our Kidani stay opens tomorrow. We've never stayed there before (one night at Jambo a while ago). We have Savannah view.

What are good rooms to request for view and quiet? Those are pretty much all we care about - we're good with hiking around the resort.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter