Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

These are for you Bluezy! Thanks for the help with my planning!

Thanks to all that contributed!

Pm me if you have a question. Next stop is Disneyland so won't be here that much for a while.

We loved the resort! Great service with the checkin desk too!

image.jpg image.jpg

So @trishadono, you recommend that I keep my reservation and go enjoy in 3 weeks???
Tom
Absolutely! Bus service was great! Rooms were roomy and beds comfy! You just have to be prepared for the craziness of the food court at times but since I have many value stays that wasn't too difficult.

The resort is so pretty in person! Your family will love it. The girls talked all the way home on the flight about missing their Nemo Bed tonight :)

The girls went to Disney Springs so I did a private wine tour of the resort! Here are some more reds I found in the food court area. Also did you know the check outs have plastic wine glasses???( I have found these at all the resorts I can remember asking at.)View attachment 144900 View attachment 144901

Also I found the lights a nice spot to hold my wine while I took pics, lol!!!

I actually enjoy La CremaPinot Noir...the Disney prove, meh, but not horrible considering.

Wow! Love the size of the suites!! Larger in person vs pix.

When we landed at MCO we got our text our room was ready. 5516 , 1st floor lake side. I love how quiet it is. You can see POP, very well too!

I returned to the room early so the 3 college girls could have some alone time. As I arrived the suitcases were being delivered. Phew! (ME)

I called housekeeping for coffee and 3blankets. All were delivered in about 5 mins.

Wine selection is poor. Kendall Jackson Chardonnay or Merlot or Pinot Griogia or Chardonnay in the Disney bottles ( I forget but Vine in the title). They also have Copa singles. These are good but pricey. Tomorrow ill get some wine at the mono resorts.

Oh, they do have a wine opener and can opener in the room if needed. The paper plates, cups, and utensils I have seen posted before. We were given only 2 coffee(std) but so easy to ask for extra.

I will post pix later this week as I have time to take them. Arrival day is always busy!!!

So glad I picked this vs a deluxe for 4 adult females!!!

I have the coffee pot in the bath area in the bedroom so I don't wake the girls. I also brought one of the table chairs in the bedroom.

Lastly it was warm when we arrived and I set the air for 66 and it's nice and cold in both rooms:)

View attachment 144515
66 :-0. Brrrr. I keep my room at 70 lol!

I walked around when resorts was first opened, Little Mermaid was still under construction. Loved the Lion King section, super cute.

Great picks, love the wine holder, lol!! So did you go to Gf for the wine selection?

The master was very quiet. The noisiest was the table bed because it's close to the door.

We were next to the elevator and surprisingly never heard it or people !!!

SueM, Wine was at AOA. Some sold in store and some in food court. There was a better selection at AOA vs Pop!

Overall I would do Nemo again mainly because of location. It was very easy to go to/from pop with this spot. I would also choose lake view again. No noise!!!!

The master was very quiet. The noisiest was the table bed because it's close to the door.

Since I'm the big "manly man" of our group, the nieces voted I get the table bed so I can protect them from anyone coming in the front door, lol. Since I supposedly snore like a chainsaw without a muffler, the table bed will be the noisiest, in deed!

Tom

Hi,

I am planning our 1st ever trip to Disney for this coming Fall. We are thinking about going 8/31-9/7 which will be over labor day weekend - we chose this particular weekend because we will have to take our kids out of school. Not such a big deal for our two kindergartner's but a big deal for our high schooler. Curious how the crowds will be over labor day weekend?

Also, trying to decide between AoA and Carribean Beach. Carribean beach is significantly cheaper (almost $1000, plus we can get the full free dining plan provided that it's offered again). However, AoA's room size is a huge plus with a family of 5 (possibly 6 if my older daughter decides to go- though I don't think she will). Kids ages are 5, 5, and 15. If we do AoA, it will be more expensive and we have to pay an upgrade fee to get the better free dining plan. If we do Carribean then the rooms are cheaper and we get free dining with no extra fees. Decisions decisions... we have never been to Disney so I am having a hard time choosing between the two resorts. I am leaning towards AoA primarily for my 5 year old's because the theme seems so custom to them. However if Carribean is just as nice, perhaps there is some money to be saved which could put a huge chunk of money towards our flights.

Can anyone give me some insight? What else should I be thinking about as a first time Disney traveler?

Oh, and if we stay at AoA, our agent mentioned booking the rooms I think in the Nemo area which is closest to the entrance/buses... However, i have heard great things about the Cars area, so wondering what the walk would be like and how far away we would be from where the food court and free drinks would be?

Thanks so much!!!

Oh, and if we stay at AoA, our agent mentioned booking the rooms I think in the Nemo area which is closest to the entrance/buses... However, i have heard great things about the Cars area, so wondering what the walk would be like and how far away we would be from where the food court and free drinks would be?

Cars is not much further from Animation Hall than Nemo(in fact some of the Cars rooms may be a little closer than some of the Nemo rooms),so you'll be close with either Cars or Nemo.:)

Hi,

I am planning our 1st ever trip to Disney for this coming Fall. We are thinking about going 8/31-9/7 which will be over labor day weekend - we chose this particular weekend because we will have to take our kids out of school. Not such a big deal for our two kindergartner's but a big deal for our high schooler. Curious how the crowds will be over labor day weekend?

Also, trying to decide between AoA and Carribean Beach. Carribean beach is significantly cheaper (almost $1000, plus we can get the full free dining plan provided that it's offered again). However, AoA's room size is a huge plus with a family of 5 (possibly 6 if my older daughter decides to go- though I don't think she will). Kids ages are 5, 5, and 15. If we do AoA, it will be more expensive and we have to pay an upgrade fee to get the better free dining plan. If we do Carribean then the rooms are cheaper and we get free dining with no extra fees. Decisions decisions... we have never been to Disney so I am having a hard time choosing between the two resorts. I am leaning towards AoA primarily for my 5 year old's because the theme seems so custom to them. However if Carribean is just as nice, perhaps there is some money to be saved which could put a huge chunk of money towards our flights.

Can anyone give me some insight? What else should I be thinking about as a first time Disney traveler?

Thanks so much!!!

Hi,

How did you get free dining during that period? I didn't think any free dining offers were out yet for that part of the year. Thanks.

Hi,

How did you get free dining during that period? I didn't think any free dining offers were out yet for that part of the year. Thanks.

I think if you read the post again, it was only an anticipation of free dining being offered, not that they got it.

I'm wondering the exact same thing :) We are hoping to take our neighbor kid with us which would mean 3 kids and 2 adults. I really like the fact that the AOA would have a room. Wouldn't seem so crowded. I also think the kids would truly enjoy the theme. I just think the extra $1000 would be so nice and would pay for more than half of the tickets. So many decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter