• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

You asked about Pop rooms but this is the Art of Animation thread....

Pop Century rooms do not have coffee makers.

Art of Animation suites have a kitchenette with a coffee maker. Art of Animation standard rooms (Little Mermaid section) do not have coffee makers.

If you are in a room without a coffee maker and plan to buy coffee daily, the refillable mug is definitely the way to go because you can get your daily coffee plus your fill of sodas too.

Thanks for pointing that out. I totally meant AOA!! (They both have an "O" in the middle, can that be my excuse)??? :)

So there ARE coffee makers in the AOA suites, then?!?!

We have booked a Cars Suite.
For the pull-down bed and the sofa bed, do we have to call Mousekeeper to come and set them? Or can we do it ourselves?

Thanks for pointing that out. I totally meant AOA!! (They both have an "O" in the middle, can that be my excuse)??? :)

So there ARE coffee makers in the AOA suites, then?!?!

There are coffee makers in the suites but not in the Little Mermaid rooms.

We have booked a Cars Suite.
For the pull-down bed and the sofa bed, do we have to call Mousekeeper to come and set them? Or can we do it ourselves?

No need to call Mousekeeping. Both of those beds will already be made up with sheets even though they are "closed" when you arrive. One of them will have a blanket on it (can't remember which one). There will be an extra blanket and pillows in the drawer under the clothing bar/rack in the living room. Both of those beds are very easy to open. I think there are directions for both of them in the room, but you won't need them. Just move the chairs out of the way and grasp the handles to pull down the table bed (you can actually do it with one hand). For the sofa bed, just remove the seat cushions and pull up on the handle. If you need more bedding, just call housekeeping and they will bring it to the room. I always need more blankets because my husband likes to keep the a/c set at "frigid" when he's not paying the electric bill. :D

Thanks for the reply. I like to keep the hotel room cold too. My husband thinks I am strange.

I don't know if it was my imagination, but I felt like the bedroom was much warmer than the living room part in our Cars suite last month.

Can anyone compare and contrast the family suites at AOA with the suites at ASMu? With 4 kids, I like the idea of an extra, separate bed at ASMu, but I wonder if the layout of the rooms at AOA is better overall?

@Tara1988 sorry you've had to deal with this. I truly hope you have a Magical trip. And hopefully this doesn't keep you from using the DIS going forward as it is a great place for details not found anywhere else.

@Tara1988 I agree with @dansdad. I am new here and though this place is great for information and most of the people here are great, second to none, really, there are a few that just can't help themselves. Unfortunately, those few are really putting a damper to this site.

Enjoy your trip! Only YOU know what's best for your family.

Sorry, meant with a microwave not in. I was just irritated with getting "advice" that doesn't apply to my situation instead of answers to a simple question. As well as typing while multitasking.
Have a fun vacation at AoA! It is such a beautiful happy Disney resort!

@Tara1988 sorry you've had to deal with this. I truly hope you have a Magical trip. And hopefully this doesn't keep you from using the DIS going forward as it is a great place for details not found anywhere else.
Thank you! I have found a lot of great answers and you have been awesome!

@Tara1988 I agree with @dansdad. I am new here and though this place is great for information and most of the people here are great, second to none, really, there are a few that just can't help themselves. Unfortunately, those few are really putting a damper to this site.

Enjoy your trip! Only YOU know what's best for your family.
Thank you! I wish there was a way to just see the actual helpful information. But this site is a huge help

The "ignore" button is a wonderful thing. As is editing. It allows people to change their story. That's why we have "the rule".

ETA: Just for others who may be reading this and didn't read through all of the posts, there are a few ways to get hot water to warm a baby bottle without a microwave in a Disney resort room. There are electric tea kettles (heat the water, pour it in another container and set the bottle in it), small hot pots, and small coffee makers. While Disney doesn't provide any of those things, you can bring them along with you or ship them ahead so you have them in your room. My preference when traveling with young children was the hot pot because it heated the water quickly and the bottle could be placed in the water while it was heating.

Last edited:
I just cleaned up about 15 posts worth of an OT argument, if anyone's noticing holes in the thread.

Thank you -- let's all remember, the World is the happiest place on earth and that there are so many people on here that truly go out of their way to help others dreams come true. @Tara1988 I hope you have as magical a time at the AOA as we did in our first ever value stay a month ago. We did a split stay between the GF and the AOA and thanks to a lot of kind people on here, we knew what to expect, what not to expect and absolutely loved the resort and the time we spent there!

Tom

Thank you -- let's all remember, the World is the happiest place on earth and that there are so many people on here that truly go out of their way to help others dreams come true. @Tara1988 I hope you have as magical a time at the AOA as we did in our first ever value stay a month ago. We did a split stay between the GF and the AOA and thanks to a lot of kind people on here, we knew what to expect, what not to expect and absolutely loved the resort and the time we spent there!

Tom
Thank you so much! We are really looking forward to the trip and actually spending time at the resort. We usually stay in the parks the whole time we are there but my oldest is really excited about the pool (He just learned to swim)

Thank you so much! We are really looking forward to the trip and actually spending time at the resort. We usually stay in the parks the whole time we are there but my oldest is really excited about the pool (He just learned to swim)

The Big Blue Pool has underwater speakers -- he is going to love hearing music under the water!

Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter