Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

5am!! I don't know what I was thinking. But super cheap fair. I really hope the kids will sleep on the flight.
I know there is no way we'd get in to the room at 7am, but even 11 would be nice.

Good luck... We did that last July and we arrived the resort by 10 am! We immediately went over to eat and then headed over to the Ariel pool. We did not get into our room, little mermaid, until 1:30 pm... We all fell asleep by 5:30 pm! Lol!! We flew from San Fran! Never again doing a red eye with two young girls!

what is this online check-in request is there a list that they give you how many can you check?

what is this online check-in request is there a list that they give you how many can you check?
I haven't used it yet, but it's my understanding you can select two. Knowing they are requests only and not guaranteed . . .

Any tips on cutting down costs elsewhere to help with the price difference between staying at AOA instead of cheaper value resort. Thanks!

Got in late last night, so now we're up and able to take the suite in. We're in Finding Nemo building 5. Great location, right near Animation Hall and next to the pool. I have to say, as A DVC owner and used to the Boardwalk, I'm really impressed with the suite. I think the only thing I'd wish for if it was up to me, is a chair (other than the ones around the table) to sit in.

Oops, some too soon. Didn't see the chair in the corner. Okay, I'm awake now :tilt:

Last edited:
Hi! Planning a Non-Park day during our Sept trip. One of the things I really want to do is the AoA food court for lunch and the drawing classes.

Can anyone tell me *about* when those classes are held ...or a link to a resort recreation schedule. We are planning on hopping all over WDW that day, cramming a lot in, so it would be helpful to know approx. when the classes are held, esp those close to lunchtime.

Also, we are staying at BC. What would be the most direct bus transfer from BC. Ex: take Epcot bus from BC then hop on AoA bus from Epcot.

Has anyone recently done the drawing class offered here?
Yup. It's awesome!

When did you do the classes? I read this on a blog on disdining.com : "When the Art of Animation resort first opened there were drawing classes taught by a Disney character artist three times during the day, in a room adjacent to the front desk. Unfortunately, this has been discontinued." The comments below the blog are from 1 yr ago. I've not seen news of it d/c'd anywhere else. Is the blogger mistaken? (I HOPE!)

Has anyone recently done the drawing class offered here?

When did you do the classes? I read this on a blog on disdining.com : "When the Art of Animation resort first opened there were drawing classes taught by a Disney character artist three times during the day, in a room adjacent to the front desk. Unfortunately, this has been discontinued." The comments below the blog are from 1 yr ago. I've not seen news of it d/c'd anywhere else. Is the blogger mistaken? (I HOPE!)

We did it last October. Friends of ours did it 3 weeks ago.

We did it last October. Friends of ours did it 3 weeks ago.
GREAT! Thanks! Whew! Our whole family enjoyed the drawing classes in DHS and also DQ. We are making a point of trekking over to AoA this year to catch the drawing classes there.
Are they usually at 11am, 2pm and 5pm? I've seen those times on some older Recreation Calendars on the internet. Is this pretty much year-round scheduling?

GREAT! Thanks! Whew! Our whole family enjoyed the drawing classes in DHS and also DQ. We are making a point of trekking over to AoA this year to catch the drawing classes there.
Are they usually at 11am, 2pm and 5pm? I've seen those times on some older Recreation Calendars on the internet. Is this pretty much year-round scheduling?

According to the June Activities Calendar those are the correct times. I am pretty sure it is year round.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AoACalendar.pdf

If I were to get a pizza from the food court, will they box it up for me to bring back to my room? And am I right in thinking that I can use 2 QS credits and since we have mugs, I could get 4 snacks/desserts?

Hi! We are planning a trip November 11-19. Our party will include myself, my husband and my 3 daughters who are 13, 9 and 7. I have been very indecisive about where we should stay. I was thinking that a family suite would be great for the kids. I need my mom to have her own room to preserve everyone's sanity, including hers! It looks like there are no Little Mermaid rooms at all for our stay. Are they really hard to get? If there's no chance of one opening up I'll move on, but if they do open up now and then I'll keep trying. Thanks!

Hi! We are planning a trip November 11-19. Our party will include myself, my husband and my 3 daughters who are 13, 9 and 7. I have been very indecisive about where we should stay. I was thinking that a family suite would be great for the kids. I need my mom to have her own room to preserve everyone's sanity, including hers! It looks like there are no Little Mermaid rooms at all for our stay. Are they really hard to get? If there's no chance of one opening up I'll move on, but if they do open up now and then I'll keep trying. Thanks!

Little Mermaid rooms are not suites. Is there 5 or 6 people in your party? You listed 5 as your family but then referenced your mom? 6 people would be tight in a family suite I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter