Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I don't think it was totally out of the blue. I did the program in 97 and advanced internship 2000. A month ago Disney College program reps started interacting in the alumni groups and scheduled a virtual bingo night for last Tuesday. At that point it seemed like everyone in recruiting was back. They were excited and ready to get back to work.

We knew there were a few members of the staff who were active because my daughter did a virtual DCP info session at her college in March and they were still insisting they had no info but implied a return was still way down the road -- months away (I guess technically it *was* months....but it 2 instead of 6 or 7). I know that's what they *had* to say at that point, but it wasn't even hinted at that it could be June as opposed to December (like Disney had announced earlier this year). And even as of last week on DCP parents FB pages that I'm a member of, word was that very few members of the recruiting staff had been called back (there are a few recruiters who comment there as well as former DCPs who are now full/part time at Disney and have connections to recruiting.), so it did feel kind of out-of-the blue (but in a good way!) for those of us with kids from the 2020 programs (at least until some rumors started swirling a few days ago). Interesting that at your event it seemed like everyone in recruiting was back. That's the first time I've heard that most of the recruiters are back. The "insiders" on the FB pages still reported yesterday that part of the reason for not having any type of interviewing/face-to-face virtual conversation to return to the program this year is that most of the recruiting staff has not returned yet. That they have a minimal staff to just handle emails. :confused3

We will be staying at AOA in May. For the Food Court your no longer able to go in and walk up to order food? Mobile order only?
I am not sure if it has changed since I stayed in March, but yes we weren't able to walk around it. It had to be mobile order. Have a wonderful trip!

All just an FYI: Landscape of Flavors is currently effectively an All Star food court. It has nothing outside of a few basic American fare offerings, which are similar in quality to what you’d find at a Denny’s. The breakfast food in particular was not good.

I had heard such good things; hopefully the return to normal returns Landscape of Flavors to something interesting .

I am not sure if it has changed since I stayed in March, but yes we weren't able to walk around it. It had to be mobile order. Have a wonderful trip!
It "looks" like it is Mobile Order only and Disney is HEAVILY pushing Mobile Order in Covid World,but it is possible to go inside the Food Court and order at a Register.

Just tell the CM at the entrance that you need to order at the Register and give your reason-don't have a Smartphone,etc..

You will order at the Register and be given a pager that will alert when your order is ready and you will pick up your order at the same tables where the Mobile Orders are placed.

It "looks" like it is Mobile Order only and Disney is HEAVILY pushing Mobile Order in Covid World,but it is possible to go inside the Food Court and order at a Register.

Just tell the CM at the entrance that you need to order at the Register and give your reason-don't have a Smartphone,etc..

You will order at the Register and be given a pager that will alert when your order is ready and you will pick up your order at the same tables where the Mobile Orders are placed.
Do you know how long it takes before they page you at the busier times of the day? Have you done this in the theme parks too?

Ive watched recent videos of in park mobile ordering and it depends on the popularity. So places like woodys lunchbox and ronto’s roasters can have 3-4 hour waits. We had multiple food allergies so even during offpeak season took 1.5 hr to eat at ABC commissary (normal orders were fast 15-30 min). At our resort there were times Sanaa stopped taking orders and we could not mobile order in evenings. hopefully their inefficiencies have been sorted out.

Last edited:
Do you know how long it takes before they page you at the busier times of the day? Have you done this in the theme parks too?
You pick a window, and depending how busy they are it could start immediately or much later in the day. Starting 5 minutes before your window starts if you are close to the dining location you can click “I’m here start my order” and that’s when they’ll actually start working on it. That took anywhere from 1 minute (sunshine seasons) to 20 minutes (Landscape of Flavors, repeatedly). If you are concerned, place your mobile order for lunch/dinner a few hours in advance.

You pick a window, and depending how busy they are it could start immediately or much later in the day. Starting 5 minutes before your window starts if you are close to the dining location you can click “I’m here start my order” and that’s when they’ll actually start working on it. That took anywhere from 1 minute (sunshine seasons) to 20 minutes (Landscape of Flavors, repeatedly). If you are concerned, place your mobile order for lunch/dinner a few hours in advance.
Thanks, but I was asking how long it takes if you place an order at a cash register instead of mobile ordering. I'll be travelling with people who don't have credit cards, and I believe you need a credit card linked to your account to mobile order.

Thanks, but I was asking how long it takes if you place an order at a cash register instead of mobile ordering. I'll be travelling with people who don't have credit cards, and I believe you need a credit card linked to your account to mobile order.

IF they want to use Mobile Order, they can get Disney Gift Cards and use those.

For us, we can’t do mobile ordering due to multiple food allergies. We had to wait for the chef so it took us about 30 minutes and then we waited quite some time for the food to arrive. The ABC commissary food (esp. the shrimp) was above expectations btw. We are giving up Sci Fi to actually eat there instead.

I think if you are paying by gift cards then you have to order inside (they are strict about restricting people from ordering inside). At the milk stand, the cast member took my phone (the mobile order wasn’t working among other IT issues) and tried twice on my phone (she physically took it and tried which surprised me as there was no line) before she allowed me to go up to the counter and order. Woodys lunch box was not allowing walk ups from what I heard but I have no experience (just what was reported in a YouTube video by Molly from all ears.net) since it wasn’t open in Nov.

Other than checkin date, we booked sit down dinners for most nights we are there.

Oh. Very slow. Landscape of Flavors took 25 minutes when we ordered at the register.

Can you get out of the buildings by the external staircases so if we were at the end of a building we wouldn’t have to walk along to the middle? I’m requesting building 3 of the cars and am
hoping to get close to the animation hall.

Another question as well sorry!
Do you have to get off the gondolas at carribean beach to change for Ep/HS and if so do you have to queue again? I’m hopingyou can choose to get off there in case we want to go for food there but that you don’t have to so it’s easier.

Another question as well sorry!
Do you have to get off the gondolas at carribean beach to change for Ep/HS and if so do you have to queue again? I’m hopingyou can choose to get off there in case we want to go for food there but that you don’t have to so it’s easier.

This upcoming trip will be our first time taking the Skyliner! So, I don't have personal experience with this yet, but YES I heard you do have to change and stand in line again. The line at CBR is often about 30-45 minutes long before DHS and Epcot open, from what I hear.

Can you get out of the buildings by the external staircases so if we were at the end of a building we wouldn’t have to walk along to the middle? I’m requesting building 3 of the cars and am
hoping to get close to the animation hall.
Yes, you can do that.

Yes. CBR is the hub for the Skyliner. There is a line going to and from Pop/AoA, a line going to and from Studios, and a line going to and from Epcot via Riviera (you do not have to get off at Riviera). To change from one line to any other you have to exit and get back in line for your next destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter