Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We just recently changed our resort from Yacht Club to AoA. My mom and then my little sister decided to join my husband and myself and our little 9 month old son for his first trip. A Yacht Club room would have been insanely crowded! I'm not sure what family suite to ask for though, if that is even possible. My mom recently had knee surgery that didn't go well, she developed a post op infection that was pretty scary and we weren't sure what was going to happen. Thankfully she pulled through that like a champ! (Part of the reason she and sister are joining us. Life is short. Go to Disney!!) She is not able to walk at the moment though and will be on a scooter. Any suggestions as to the most scooter/disabled friendly location? Thanks all. We are excited to see AoA!!

Hi again! Can anyone tell me what the room request options are when checking in online? I'm hoping to request a 4th floor lake view. I tried searching but couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks!

I don't know the answer to your question. But I do know that if those are not options during online check in, you can always call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation.

Hi again! Can anyone tell me what the room request options are when checking in online? I'm hoping to request a 4th floor lake view. I tried searching but couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks!

As of last May when I did online check-in, these were the options:

Ground Floor
4th Floor
2nd Floor
Highest Floor
Lake View
Landscape View
Near Elevator
Near Transportation

I would imagine they'd still be the same.

From **************.net:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Art-of-Animation-Family-Suite-Room-Request-from-**************.net_.jpg

Currently booked at AoA in a Cars Suite for 6/4-6/11 on the spring discount offer. We've been back and forth with VWL and BWV, also, because our first choice of OKW and second choice of SSR were not available with the discount, but ultimately decided AoA. I have 2 boys (4.5 and 2 at time of trip). Both have been obsessed with Cars (one a few years ago and the 2 yr old now) so I am sure they will enjoy it. I'm afraid it will be loud but we plan to ask for a top floor, lake view to help with the noise.

Anyone else there at the same time?

Currently booked at AoA in a Cars Suite for 6/4-6/11 on the spring discount offer. We've been back and forth with VWL and BWV, also, because our first choice of OKW and second choice of SSR were not available with the discount, but ultimately decided AoA. I have 2 boys (4.5 and 2 at time of trip). Both have been obsessed with Cars (one a few years ago and the 2 yr old now) so I am sure they will enjoy it. I'm afraid it will be loud but we plan to ask for a top floor, lake view to help with the noise.

Anyone else there at the same time?
We will be there from 06/05 thru 06/11 staying in the Lion King Family Suite!!!

If we get a ground floor how much can you hear the guests above you while you're in the room?

Can someone tell me where the elevator is located in Nemo buildings 4 and 5? Are they at the southern end near the main hall or in the middle of the building? Thanks!

Can someone tell me where the elevator is located in Nemo buildings 4 and 5? Are they at the southern end near the main hall or in the middle of the building? Thanks!

They are in the center of the building -- where the 3 "wings" meet. If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, the elevators are approximately where the "phone" and "AED" symbols are on the map.

Are the family suite pull out/pull down beds comfortable for an all adult size family? Is there a weight limit on those beds?

How does the animation artist class work??? Do you need to call ahead to sign up? How many people do they have in one class? Do they fill up fast? Is it for any age or just kids? How long is the class? Really looking into trying it during our stay!

Are the family suite pull out/pull down beds comfortable for an all adult size family? Is there a weight limit on those beds?
We were in a LK suite last May. My 20 year old DD is 6'3" and was on the table bed - said it was SO comfortable. Her friend, not quite as tall, was on the couch bed and said it was the most comfortable pull out bed she'd ever slept on and she's traveled extensively. Now I don't know for sure if it's the beds or the 10+ miles we walked every day, but they slept really well! Hope you have a magical time!

We've had the same experience as the PP. Our 25 yo son (5' 10") slept on the table bed and said it was more comfortable than any hotel bed he's slept in. Our teenage daughter said the same thing when she slept in that bed on a different trip. Our 16 yo son slept on the sofa bed and he also felt that it was the most comfortable pull-out he's slept on (he always seems to get the pull-out bed when we're at hotels or visiting relatives). Both of those beds are roughly the same size as a double bed. The sofa bed mattress is about 6" thick and the table bed mattress is 8" thick, so there is plenty of padding there. Ironically, I find the queen bed in the master bedroom to be the least comfortable of the 3. That one is way too firm for my personal preference (though my husband loves it). I solved the problem by getting an extra blanket and folding it up and adding that as make-shift "pillow top" on my side of the bed. :)

Good to hear about the pull outs. I'll be on the pull out couch bed (parents on Queen in bedroom and boys on table pull down bed). Hoping we all get good rest, though I'm sure we will due to exhaustion from the day! :)

1. Nope
2. As many as can fit. Never heard of
anyone getting turned away.
3. See #2.
4. Any age. As long as you're young at
heart.
5. About an hour.

Thank you!!! I can't wait to try this! Especially since they the animation classes at HS are gone

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I gave up going through the pages and just decided to ask instead.

We are going in September, when historically they have offered free dining - which we are really hoping for. Do I understand right that because this is technically a value resort only counter service fd is offered? But you can pay the difference for the upgrade? Does anyone happen to know what the difference is (would it be taken from the rack rate when doing reservations online)?

Our dilemma is that AoA would give us the space we need for two adults, three teenagers, and a baby, but that seems to be it if we have to pay the difference for fd. It would cost $1000 less to stay at CBR and we wouldn't have to upgrade fd. Decisions, decisions! I just can't believe a room we would be paying so much more for and has more space wouldn't be considered in a higher class than a cramped one room hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter