Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I agree with @Dave006 above - Village Green is near the elevators, which is nice for the distance but not so good for noise since everyone else has to pass your room to get to theirs. Also our son had one of those studios some years ago that was directly above the breezeway that goes from the pool area and elevator to the Village Green and reported a lot of noise from there. OTOH, the Luna Park view is the noisiest we've ever had, due to the afternoon pool activities. Since those might not be going on when you're there, it might not be a problem.
I called to put in the request today and she didn't seem to know what Village Green was, but she put down views of the pool or landscaping as our request. We're just excited to be staying at BWV and there don't seem to be many *awful* views, so hopefully we just get something decent. I don't think we'll mind the pool view, we'll be at the parks most of the day and wouldn't mind a little noise in the evening. I mostly enjoy having a balcony for morning coffee.

Thanks for the reply! I'm paying cash so I'm thinking I will request a view of the Village Green or Luna Park. Do the CMs on the phone typically know what the Village Green is? I've only really seen it posted on here. Very excited to stay at my first deluxe/DVC resort!
You will LOVE it!!!!

I called to put in the request today and she didn't seem to know what Village Green was, but she put down views of the pool or landscaping as our request. We're just excited to be staying at BWV and there don't seem to be many *awful* views, so hopefully we just get something decent. I don't think we'll mind the pool view, we'll be at the parks most of the day and wouldn't mind a little noise in the evening. I mostly enjoy having a balcony for morning coffee.
You might want to call again and make the specific request for view of Village Green. ALL standard view cash BWV villas have a view of pool or landscaping! The CM was in a call center somewhere and may or may not ever have been to WDW, so her not knowing what the Village Green is doesn’t matter, she simply should type it into the computer. The room assigners will know!

You might want to call again and make the specific request for view of Village Green. ALL standard view cash BWV villas have a view of pool or landscaping! The CM was in a call center somewhere and may or may not ever have been to WDW, so her not knowing what the Village Green is doesn’t matter, she simply should type it into the computer. The room assigners will know!
Thanks! I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow. I'll just be a little more assertive--just ask them to put it in the notes?

Thanks! I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow. I'll just be a little more assertive--just ask them to put it in the notes?
Yes, exactly. Just ask to put in a request for “view of Village Green.” I’d also add “high floor” as a second request, for minimizing noise wherever you end up. Hope you get it!

Hi all, so to clarify something as I've never stayed at BWV. I rented points and will be in a preferred studio... Do I need to request boardwalk view? And do we know what is and isn't open on the boardwalk? Thanks :)

Hi all, so to clarify something as I've never stayed at BWV. I rented points and will be in a preferred studio... Do I need to request boardwalk view? And do we know what is and isn't open on the boardwalk? Thanks :)
Boardwalk view is a booking category for DVC points reservations, so look at your confirmation. If it says Boardwalk view, you're good to go; if not, it will say Pool/Garden view, which means you'll be overlooking the pools and toward the Swolphin.

When BWV opened, Preferred view included both P/G and BW view, with BW view being a request only. After a number of loud temper tantrums at check-in when people didn't get their requests, they became separate booking categories, but the points costs didn't change.

Does anyone know if they are selling the Disney face masks at any of the gift/sundry stores? Also, does Bell Services still deliver bags? Thanks :)

Does anyone know if they are selling the Disney face masks at any of the gift/sundry stores? Also, does Bell Services still deliver bags? Thanks :)

Many people hate the Disney face masks, including me. I will add links to the threads. Bring your own masks from home.

Here is one of the threads:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-face-masks-for-sell.3804268/
Here is another thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-comfortable-are-the-disney-store-sold-masks.3806500/

Last edited:
So excited we switched our resort from Contemporary (moved from Beach Club by disney) to the BWI 1 bedroom Villa. It costs a little more by location is priceless for us for the food and wine festival and who doesn't want all that space!!

Last edited:
So excited we switched our resort from Contemporary (moved from Beach Club by disney) to the DWI 1 bedroom Villa. It costs a little more by location is priceless for us for the food and wine festival and who doesn't want all that space!!
What's DWI? Other than Driving While Intoxicated.

Yes, exactly. Just ask to put in a request for “view of Village Green.” I’d also add “high floor” as a second request, for minimizing noise wherever you end up. Hope you get it!
Thanks for the tip! Just did exactly that and had no issues. Woman on the phone seemed to know what the Village Green was.

We fly out tomorrow to stay at BWV! Can someone tell me what is open there that you can get and refill the disney mugs? Boardwalk Bakery I think does it?

Does anyone know if Trattoria al Forno has any outdoor seating? Saw some IG influencers were able to order food from Trattoria while sitting outside Abracadabar, but we have an ADR for Trattoria and would like to sit outside if possible.

Does anyone know if Trattoria al Forno has any outdoor seating? Saw some IG influencers were able to order food from Trattoria while sitting outside Abracadabar, but we have an ADR for Trattoria and would like to sit outside if possible.

Yes, even before the coronairus and quarantine, they had outdoor seating.

Has anyone walked to HS from boardwalk yet? If so how did it go? Was there anyone at HS to hold walkers until a certain time or could you walk up straight up to the entrance? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter