Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

in August I would take the boat. I find them to take about the same time but there isn’t much shade on the walkway.

I don’t think it is worth going back for lunch. The new offerings in the club are light. When I was last there they had veggies and dip, bagged chips, cheese, maybe a few other things but it was not a meal.
Thanks. My kids will be at HS and I will tell them to come back for dinner. How were the dinner offerings? After dinner they can have a snack and rest a while and then go back to HS for a few hours. Maybe see fantasmic!

If you take the boat FROM Hollywood Studios, I believe the stops, in order, are:
- Swan & Dolphin
- Yacht & Beach Club
- BoardWalk
- Epcot

That's why some people who are staying at BoardWalk get off at Swan & Dolphin. It's a short walk over to the BoardWalk from that boat stop. Otherwise you are staying on while the boat goes from Swan & Dolphin over to Yacht & Beach Club before it takes you to BoardWalk.

If I am staying at BoardWalk and am taking a boat TO Hollywood Studios, I walk over to Swan and Dolphin. If you get on at BoardWalk, the boat goes to Yacht & Beach Club and then Swan and Dolphin before heading out to Hollywood Studios.

I'm someone who prefers to spend less time on the boat. If you like riding around on the boat, ignore this.
This was very helpful! Thank you!

Thanks. My kids will be at HS and I will tell them to come back for dinner. How were the dinner offerings? After dinner they can have a snack and rest a while and then go back to HS for a few hours. Maybe see fantasmic!
I’ll be honest I’ve only considered breakfast a meal. I always treat it as a drink and an appetizer before we go to dinner but people certainly do use it as a meal. The items served from 5-7 are on a 3 day rotation. They have things like veggies and dip, cheese, salads, and 3 hot items each night. They had a pasta item every night. They use small plates so you would either need several plates or to go back multiple times to make it a meal.

Here a few pictures I took to show serving size. Melon and cheese salad, Shrimp on a potato, Cesar salad

Edit to add: The potato and shrimp are from the hot food area so you can see the plates that are offered with those items

IMG_8596.jpeg

IMG_8595.jpegIMG_8641.jpeg

Does CL have ice available? My son does not like bottled water, so he's bringing his own water thermos. He would fill it in the morning from there before leaving but not sure if they have ice there.

I’ll be honest I’ve only considered breakfast a meal. I always treat it as a drink and an appetizer before we go to dinner but people certainly do use it as a meal. The items served from 5-7 are on a 3 day rotation. They have things like veggies and dip, cheese, salads, and 3 hot items each night. They had a pasta item every night. They use small plates so you would either need several plates or to go back multiple times to make it a meal.

Here a few pictures I took to show serving size. Melon and cheese salad, Shrimp on a potato, Cesar salad

View attachment 775778

View attachment 775775View attachment 775776
Thanks for the pictures. We will have to play it by ear if we will make a meal out of it. Maybe we will have a bigger lunch at the parks and then something light during dinner. It's our first visit to CL so we will have to see how it goes. We are definitely going to go for a few sit down dinners also.

Does CL have ice available? My son does not like bottled water, so he's bringing his own water thermos. He would fill it in the morning from there before leaving but not sure if they have ice there.
I was there right before they remodeled so things may have changed but they had a small ice container near the juices, the kind that would be in a hotel room.

Edit to add: The potato and shrimp are from the hot food area so you can see the plates that are offered with those items

View attachment 775778

View attachment 775775View attachment 775776
Thanks for the photos! Can you tell us what was on the children's menu?

I was there right before they remodeled so things may have changed but they had a small ice container near the juices, the kind that would be in a hotel room.

We were just there for 3 nights. There was an ice bucket as you said. But it was often empty. One night I just went & got ice from the ice machine on the floor myself. And @kandb, there is a water bottle filling machine in the lounge also.

Thanks for the photos! Can you tell us what was on the children's menu?
Boardwalk does not have a children’s menu in their lounge. They did have Mac and cheese one night but it was a homemade type so I’m not sure all kids would like it. I saw uncrustables in the fridge one day (during the day) so they might be able to get those at night.

Boardwalk does not have a children’s menu in their lounge. They did have Mac and cheese one night but it was a homemade type so I’m not sure all kids would like it. I saw uncrustables in the fridge one day (during the day) so they might be able to get those at night.
Thanks for the update. Strangely, when we stayed at the Grand Floridian, they had a children's pick every night, chicken nuggets, mini hotdogs, and meatballs... It was so good that even the adults enjoyed it too! LOL BTW-Any Mickey waffles for breakfast at the Boardwalk? Appreciate any Innkeeper Club Level news as we anticipate our trip this Fall!

Thanks for the update. Strangely, when we stayed at the Grand Floridian, they had a children's pick every night, chicken nuggets, mini hotdogs, and meatballs... It was so good that even the adults enjoyed it too! LOL BTW-Any Mickey waffles for breakfast at the Boardwalk? Appreciate any Innkeeper Club Level news as we anticipate our trip this Fall!
Several of the lounges offer children’s food items. I have seen them at GF, Poly, and beach club. In the 10 years we have been staying at boardwalk I have never seen a kids menu offered. I find boardwalk to be more adult oriented than the other lounges ( both in food offerings and the lounge set up, there is no kids play area) which is one of the reasons we go there (kids are grown). On our last trip the only kids we saw were two older teens who came in really early for breakfast then headed to the parks.

When boardwalk had the chef they had Mickey waffles. I have not seen them since they removed the chef from the lounge. They did still offer the mimosas bar and Bloody Mary bar on Sunday on my last visit. :drinking1

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs Is Coming To Disney’s BoardWalk Resort

Disneyland’s popular Downtown Disney corn dog stand, Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs, is expanding into Walt Disney World.

The quick service stand is best known for its unique twists on the corn dog, like the always popular Golden Dragon Panko-Crusted Corn Dog.

In an Instagram post, Blue Ribbon teased that the company would soon be arriving at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, where corn dogs will take over the Boardwalk To Go kiosk!

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

all i know for a few trips when my disability acted up and i had to stay in bed a few days, being in the deluxes on the 4th floor made it easy for DW to bring me B,L and D for those days; food was diverse and plentiful so no complaints here; it was when the chef, Redgie was there so he loaded up plates for her to bring me; otherwise except for some brekkies and snacks at lunch we usually eat out for the meals;

all i know for a few trips when my disability acted up and i had to stay in bed a few days, being in the deluxes on the 4th floor made it easy for DW to bring me B,L and D for those days; food was diverse and plentiful so no complaints here; it was when the chef, Redgie was there so he loaded up plates for her to bring me; otherwise except for some brekkies and snacks at lunch we usually eat out for the meals;
I miss having Redgie there. I understand why he can’t be there, but I loved chatting with him when the lounge was slow. He shared so many cooking tips and we would share garden photos. He was one of the CMs I really looked forward to seeing in the lounge.

Hi. I asked if the boardwalk view rooms are dedicated before and thanks for the answers.

They are not available right now though, only the garden view/pool view rooms. Are those studios dedicated? The views looks pretty good to me compared to the BC studios

Also, when will renovations start on rooms, which ones first, and will they finish by May

Last edited:
Hi. I asked if the boardwalk view rooms are dedicated before and thanks for the answers.

They are not available right now though, only the garden view/pool view rooms. Are those studios dedicated? The views looks pretty good to me compared to the BC studios
Yes, there are dedicated DVC studio villas with P/G view. See this link https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/boardwalk-villas/bwv-resort-information and scroll down to Room Configuration to see how many. BTW, there are several P/G view dedicated studios that have the coveted "Village Green view," overlooking the courtyard between the Villas and the Inn and having partial BW views. You could request that, but it wouldn't be guaranteed. Those studios are also "close to elevator."

Also check this https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/post-55476961
Also, when will renovations start on rooms, which ones first, and will they finish by May
Supposedly, the Villas refurb will begin in the fall of 2023 and finish by "late spring" of 2024. So maybe by May, maybe not - Disney has not committed themselves to a firm end date.

Several of the lounges offer children’s food items. I have seen them at GF, Poly, and beach club. In the 10 years we have been staying at boardwalk I have never seen a kids menu offered. I find boardwalk to be more adult oriented than the other lounges ( both in food offerings and the lounge set up, there is no kids play area) which is one of the reasons we go there (kids are grown). On our last trip the only kids we saw were two older teens who came in really early for breakfast then headed to the parks.

When boardwalk had the chef they had Mickey waffles. I have not seen them since they removed the chef from the lounge. They did still offer the mimosas bar and Bloody Mary bar on Sunday on my last visit. :drinking1
We really appreciate your news and help- Can identify with what you wrote, as we had a bad experience at Animal Kingdom Club Level a few years back! It was after Covid, crowded, and quite a circus in the mornings...... Breakfast wise- the Grand Floridian was amazing....everyone loved the Chef's Mickey Waffles with strawberries and whip cream. (Kids at heart when it comes to that!) LOL Overall, Innkeeper sounds like a nice quiet atmosphere for relaxing and something needed after a stressful year! Wish we could have met Redgie as he sounded like an exceptional Cast Member. Does he still work for Disney?

One other question...is the Innkeeper Club Level Room a far walk from the elevator? Wondering, if we have to check out early and our flight is late, can you come back to Innkeeper for a drink and snack while waiting to leave for your flight and would restrooms be nearby to freshen up from the Park?

Thanks so much!:)

Last edited:
Yes, there are dedicated DVC studio villas with P/G view. See this link https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/boardwalk-villas/bwv-resort-information and scroll down to Room Configuration to see how many. BTW, there are several P/G view dedicated studios that have the coveted "Village Green view," overlooking the courtyard between the Villas and the Inn and having partial BW views. You could request that, but it wouldn't be guaranteed. Those studios are also "close to elevator."

Also check this https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-standard-studio-view-of-what.3498521/post-55476961

Supposedly, the Villas refurb will begin in the fall of 2023 and finish by "late spring" of 2024. So maybe by May, maybe not - Disney has not committed themselves to a firm end date.

Thanks for the info!

I wonder what room view type they will actually start with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter