Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

DVC Showroom Closed During Construction at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn

Renovations continue on Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, as well as on the actual boardwalk. During construction work, the DVC showroom is closed, as is the main entrance to Screen Door General Store. Crews have also been working on the boardwalk outside Big River Grille & Brewing Works and Jellyrolls.

Screen Door General Store

boardwalk construction oct 29 2023 9654

1699453772613.jpeg

1699453756842.jpeg

By our next visit, however, work in front of Big River was completed.

boardwalk construction nov 5 2023 2501

boardwalk construction nov 5 2023 2489

The main Jellyrolls entrance is still available.

DVC Showroom

boardwalk construction oct 29 2023 9669

Cast Members told us they are replacing concrete and renovating the upstairs villas.

boardwalk construction oct 29 2023 9670

The DVC showroom is being renovated to match the guest villas.

Tarps blocked the windows of the villas, so we couldn’t see the ongoing construction work.

boardwalk construction oct 29 2023 9672

1699453941837.jpeg

If you have a room on the 1st floor can you walk directly out to the boardwalk I remember having to go up one floor are stairs an option sorry for all these questions I hate elevators and want to put a room request in
Yes the 1st floor rooms face the garden/quiet pool back side of the resort. You would need to use stairs or elevator to get to the 2nd floor for lobby and boardwalk access via different stairs/different elevator.

If you have a room on the 1st floor can you walk directly out to the boardwalk I remember having to go up one floor are stairs an option sorry for all these questions I hate elevators and want to put a room request in
Are you staying on the Inn side or the DVC Villas side? See map here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf

The Inn side is on the right, and rooms on the first floor, as @trishadono says above, open to the gardens and quiet pool, not to the boardwalk itself. There are stairs you can use to go up to lobby level and the down again to the boardwalk.

The DVC Villas are on the left in the map. If you have a room on the first floor there, you can walk down the hall, out the door to the feature pool area, and through the breezeway to the Village Green directly to the boardwalk. No stairs or elevator needed to reach the boardwalk. However, you would need to take stairs or elevator to reach the lobby.

We are staying at the Boardwalk in January. I was looking to put in a first floor room request, but it wasn't an option. How do I do that?

We are staying at the Boardwalk in January. I was looking to put in a first floor room request, but it wasn't an option. How do I do that?
Call the Main Reservation line and ask the CM to add that request to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

If you booked a cash reservation via Disney, call the Reservations phone number. You might also be able to request via Chat on the WDW website.

If you booked a DVC points reservation, the owner of the points needs to chat/email/call DVC MS to submit the request.

Does anybody know if Boardwalk Villas standard view rooms will be refurbished by late December or is that too early?

Does anyone know if they've upgraded the bathroom ventilation during the renovations? I know for the DVC side it stays really really humid in the room after showers and there was always a musty smell because of it, more than any other WDW resort room we've stayed in.

Does anyone know if they've upgraded the bathroom ventilation during the renovations? I know for the DVC side it stays really really humid in the room after showers and there was always a musty smell because of it, more than any other WDW resort room we've stayed in.
On the Inn side, the only bathroom change was to replace the shower curtain with glass sliders on the tub. Based on that, I would assume that they were not doing much in the way of reno to the bathrooms, so I would doubt they changed the ventilation, but hopefully someone will have first hand info soon.

What do you guys think about the " Disney Character" décor? We really loved it- but this was our first stay and we had not seen the rooms before the remodel. The room design in the villa photos looks very similar to the Boardwalk's Deluxe Club Level Rooms - except we did not have the specialized pull down sofa or the fold out twin bed. Looks like the rug adds warmth to the room - Maybe, they will add rugs to the deluxe rooms in the future? Overall, the room elements make the room feel like a Disney home! Thanks for the photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter