• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi All! Had a question about getting from BWI to Riviera Resort for a mid-morning (10:30ish) breakfast ADR at Toplino's. Would like to take the Skyliner and wanted to know if I'm correct in thinking we would have to walk to the DHS to do so since EPCOT won't be open until 11 a.m. Has anyone done this? Thanks so much!
They will allow you to ride the skyliner early with an adr. Or at least in April we were allowed to take the skyliner back to beach club around 9:45 before anyone was even lining up for Epcot. I didn’t realize it was even an option so we had used Uber there in the morning but I was told if you have a reservation on the skyliner they will let you take it. It was pretty cool actually, like our own private skyliner run haha. You should be fine be good to go but I would confirm with them when you get there :)

They will allow you to ride the skyliner early with an adr. Or at least in April we were allowed to take the skyliner back to beach club around 9:45 before anyone was even lining up for Epcot. I didn’t realize it was even an option so we had used Uber there in the morning but I was told if you have a reservation on the skyliner they will let you take it. It was pretty cool actually, like our own private skyliner run haha. You should be fine be good to go but I would confirm with them when you get there :)

Thanks so much for the info!

Any rumblings about ESPN? It’s been a family tradition to grab lunch and a beer on arrival day. I’ve still got until 10/29, but I’m hoping it’s up and running before then.
I think I read somewhere on one of these threads that it is gone for good. We loved going there and will miss it. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

As my trip grows closer wondering if Flying Fish or Jelly Rolls will open up.

Saving my final dinner for FF (usually the most expensive meal) and am considering a backup (California Grill doesnt seem to be available).

I see Il Mulino is available and gets good reviews.

Anyone ever eat there and would you recommend or perhaps even Shulas?

Saving my final dinner for FF (usually the most expensive meal) and am considering a backup (California Grill doesnt seem to be available).

You can't go wrong with either Il Mulino or Shula's. Both are wonderful dining experiences.
I hope we hear something about FF soon.

I am anxiously awaiting Flying Fish news as well. So much so that I've taken to stalking the menu daily to see if I can see signs of them tweaking it/getting ready to open. :rolleyes1 So far, nothing. I'd suggest bluezoo (Dolphin resort) as an alternative to FF. But I don't think you could go wrong with Il Mulino or Shula's.

Shulas .would be my suggestion. We’ve eaten there our last two trips and the food and service is amazing. Plus it’s a short walk down the Boardwalk.

Shulas .would be my suggestion. We’ve eaten there our last two trips and the food and service is amazing. Plus it’s a short walk down the Boardwalk.
I have heard great things about the lobster at Shula's. (we've been there for steaks but didn't try any seafood) I was hoping our next visit there would be specifically for the lobster but the online menu doesn't show it currently, in fact the menu overall looks shorter than I remember. Is the lobster actually gone? Can you request it?

I have heard great things about the lobster at Shula's. (we've been there for steaks but didn't try any seafood) I was hoping our next visit there would be specifically for the lobster but the online menu doesn't show it currently, in fact the menu overall looks shorter than I remember. Is the lobster actually gone? Can you request it?

I’m not sure. The last time I was there was September 2019.

Maybe give them a call. (407) 934-1362

I really hope ESPN returns. It was a great spot for a later night unwind time beer or two. If it is done for I want those old Boston Garden seats they had on the wall for my man cave!:-)

I really hope ESPN returns. It was a great spot for a later night unwind time beer or two. If it is done for I want those old Boston Garden seats they had on the wall for my man cave!:-)

They had Boston Garden seats on the wall? I missed that.

They had Boston Garden seats on the wall? I missed that.

They were on the left side wall up top as you walked towards the large dining room. As a sports memorabilia collector I loved the place just to see the stuff they had. Some of it was quite dated, especially the hockey stuff. Mostly remnants from when the NHL was prominently featured on their networks. Funny enough as of fall 2021 ESPN is bringing back the NHL.

I apologize because I'm sure this is addressed earlier in the thread, but I read back 15 pages and my searches were not going well.

We are staying at BWV next week (studio) and I was wondering if the in room amenities are the same right now? Specifically, are there still fridges, microwaves, coffee makers (and are they Keurig?) right now? Or are things different right now?

Also any news on the fitness center and does anyone know anything about a running route? I looked at the first few pages of this thread but the links are too old to work.

Thanks!

I apologize because I'm sure this is addressed earlier in the thread, but I read back 15 pages and my searches were not going well.

We are staying at BWV next week (studio) and I was wondering if the in room amenities are the same right now? Specifically, are there still fridges, microwaves, coffee makers (and are they Keurig?) right now? Or are things different right now?

Also any news on the fitness center and does anyone know anything about a running route? I looked at the first few pages of this thread but the links are too old to work.

Thanks!
BWV studios still have fridges, microwaves and regular drip coffee pots (no Keurigs, sorry). The running route is probably around Crescent Lake and up toward DHS, as far as they’ll let you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter