Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We were in a 5th sleeper room last week. We were in Aruba and had requested to be near the Skyliner. We were real close to the Riveria station. It was not Little Mermaid themed.

Yes, you have to make a choice. If you book 5th sleeper standard, you either get close to the Skyliner (Aruba & Jamaica - which are not Little Mermaid rooms), or an "Under the Sea" Little Mermaid themed room in Trinidad. Those Little Mermaid rooms are kind of in the worst location, so the theme of the room kind of incentivizes people to stay there.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to make a choice. If you book 5th sleeper standard, you either get close to the Skyliner (Aruba & Jamaica - which are not Little Mermaid rooms), or an "Under the Sea" Little Mermaid themed room in Trinidad. Those Little Mermaid rooms are kind of in the worst location, so the theme of the room kind of incentivizes people to stay there.
I have seen this said about the location many times, but just to put another viewpoint on the record, I stayed in one and found the location very good. We were in building 35. 2 minutes from a pool and the Spyglass grill, 2 minutes from the bus stop, 5-7 minutes walk to the skyliner and 10 minutes up to Old Port Royale.

If I stay at CBR again I will 100% request one because the rooms are far nicer than in the rest of the resort. As others have said, just booked standard 5th sleeper and request Trinidad "under the sea".

Booked CBR for the end of August. Im looking at reviews/videos of the Under the Sea rooms and am noticing that they don't have a refrigerator. Only a "beverage cooler." Is that accurate? Also, no toaster or microwave? I might have to change where we stay. The no fridge is a game changer, despite the rooms being brand new.

Booked CBR for the end of August. Im looking at reviews/videos of the Under the Sea rooms and am noticing that they don't have a refrigerator. Only a "beverage cooler." Is that accurate? Also, no toaster or microwave? I might have to change where we stay. The no fridge is a game changer, despite the rooms being brand new.
They may only have a "beverage cooler" but we have never noticed a difference between them and the older mini fridges. They kept milk, leftovers, yogurt, etc plenty cold. Even froze a couple water bottles multiple times in the back. And none of the Moderate resorts have toasters or microwaves in the rooms. Though there a plenty of them in the food court. Only deluxe villas and family suites have them.

Does anyone happen to know if the hours of Centertown Market change at all if park hours are adjusted?

Specifically wondering about breakfast hours. I had hoped to be able to grab breakfasts to go and head out to the parks after but right now it has it opening at 7am which would be tight if we want to be out the door by 7:15 some mornings.

I’m just starting to plan for 2025 and torn between CBR and POFQ. Been to both before but first time taking our son who will be 16 months when we travel. I’m thinking of a king room as assume more space for a crib? Does anyone have experience of the king rooms. I know with standard rooms Martinique and Barbados are preferred rooms- is this to case with the king rooms or could you request Barbados with a standard king? I know room requests aren’t guaranteed but looking on touring plans the king rooms all seem reasonably placed

Also are there refillable drink stations in places other than port royale? I have seen a couple of mentions of being in each island but can’t see anything official
IIRC the Food Court has a Fountain Drink Station plus Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate

Spyglass Grill has a Fountain Drink Station with Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate

A Fountain Drink Station across from the main Pool

Coke Freestyle Machines in each Island

They will probably love getting to ride the skyliner over to another arcade even more than the arcade.
And the Value Resort Arcades,including Pop Century and Art of Animation,are the largest and best on-property.

Sometimes the Activities Cast will even have competitions in the Value Resort Arcades.

The Value Resort Arcades were REALLY rocking back when they had Prize Redemption! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter