Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

That construction at the back entrance does not look like it will be done by March. Bummer, we really like it back there. We will request Jamaica nearest to Aruba. Thanks WEDWDW. You all are doing a great job at keeping up with all the updates!

That construction is for the Skyway Gondola system which is scheduled to be completed in Spring 2019.

I switched from Pop to CBR because my friend who has a developmental disability really wanted a slide and the water parks were not in the cards for us. I got a preferred room and only spent 152 dollars more. How bad is the construction around the preferred buildings.

Pretty much right next to it.
There is a wall up at the end of the path next to Aruba 55 separating it from the construction. We have been here since the 10th and are in Aruba 5209 and would highly recommend it! We are next to the Coke freestyle machine and the beach is right behind us as is the quiet pool and laundry and it is only a short walk to the island market in building 55. We are also close to the bridge so we can go right across to the pool and buffet. Since we aren't on the water side we don't get as much traffic and have heard barely any construction noise! If you don't mind the noise from the fireworks shows at night from the room any construction noise you may hear shouldn't bother you!
We were offered the no mousekeeping gift card at check in and accepted. It is an egift card so it will be emailed to you shortly after checking in. However, they will still bring you sheets, towels and anything else you need when requested so as long as you don't mind making the bed and taking the trash out yourself its a good deal. We ate at the buffet 4 times for dinner and 2 times for breakfast and while the food isn't exceptional it is a good deal for 1 QS credit as there is lots of variety! Their huge pin trading board is also located in the food tent! Each island market and concierge also have a small pin board if you are into trading like my kiddos are!
Overall I am very impressed with how the resort has managed and compensated for the construction. They even had performers over by the beach and food tent a few nights this week playing music and interacting with the guests. The staff has been very friendly and helpful and IMO the construction hasn't taken away from our vacation at all!

We stayed at CBR in November. All of the villages have at least one Coke freestyle machine - there are lots of juice and iced tea choices. Each village also has a market that serves coffee (at least in the morning, I did not pay attention later in the day) - it was free when we stayed in November. I do not remember if there was hot chocolate available.

We were lucky enough to stay in a building that housed both the market and a freestyle machine - never got more use out a refillable mug than that stay at CBR!! I will add that I wish the market opened at least 30 minutes earlier than it did, so access to coffee would have started sooner.

We stayed in Trinidad South in November and there was no market in our section. We had to walk to Jamaica.

We weren't crazy about the buffet tent. Neither the food nor that atmosphere were our cup of tea.

We always love our Disney trips, and our November trip was no exception. That being said, we probably won't be booking the CBR again until the construction is over. There are too many better options at this time.

I'll be there so soon I can't wait! I just want to sit in a hammock on the beach right now! But it's really cold in New England, so I'll have to keep fantasizing.

I just saw a map of the resort... So old port royale is not where you check in correct??? I guess the advantage of MDE is they bring your luggage to your room. Is there a shuttle throughout the resort to take us to our room though if we are staying by port royale

I just saw a map of the resort... So old port royale is not where you check in correct??? I guess the advantage of MDE is they bring your luggage to your room. Is there a shuttle throughout the resort to take us to our room though if we are staying by port royale
Check-in is at Customs House and there is an Internal Shuttle.:)

When OPR reopens,Check-in will move there and Custom House will be destroyed or repurposed.

Thinking about going back in Nov 2018 since we just had a great trip in December. How is the crowds levels and are resorts full before Thanksgiving?

Thinking about going back in Nov 2018 since we just had a great trip in December. How is the crowds levels and are resorts full before Thanksgiving?

We were at WDW the Thursday before Thanksgiving until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We usually go during the last week of May through the first week of June. To us, the crowds felt the same as during the early Summer time. There were quite a few attractions that had over an hour wait but they were the big ticket rides and we used our Fastpasses for those. I used Touring Plans only for the crowd predictions and, most days during the actual holiday week were 8s and 9s with the day before Thanksgiving being a 10.

We were at WDW the Thursday before Thanksgiving until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We usually go during the last week of May through the first week of June. To us, the crowds felt the same as during the early Summer time. There were quite a few attractions that had over an hour wait but they were the big ticket rides and we used our Fastpasses for those. I used Touring Plans only for the crowd predictions and, most days during the actual holiday week were 8s and 9s with the day before Thanksgiving being a 10.

Thank you for the useful information. Wondering if Nov 10th through Nov 16th would be bad. I really wanted to go in October but the heat is just keeping me from doing that again.

Thank you for the useful information. Wondering if Nov 10th through Nov 16th would be bad. I really wanted to go in October but the heat is just keeping me from doing that again.

I subscribe to Touring Plans so that I can give my clients an idea of the crowds, look for dining, etc. I just looked at November 10th through November 16th. Crowd predictions are as follows: November 10th: 7, November 11th: 8, November 12th: 8, November 13th: 5, November 14th through 16th: 4, 4, 4

Of course, those dates are pretty far off so the crowds level predictions will probably change but that gives you an idea for now.

We are booked to stay at CBR for 14 nights in September.
Do we know yet how construction/demolishion/referbishment will effect the resort.
I am worried about noise, traffic, an eyesore and loss of facilitys.
I am concerned about the issues that effect pools etc during the gondola tower and wire erection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter