• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

That’s a lot of nights! When we stayed at CBR back in 2007 we were in Jamaica and was usually first bus pick up, and many times first to be dropped off depending on which entrance bus driver used.
Good to hear it’s still first pick up in mornings anyway!
I‘m excited to see all the changes. Made adr for Sebastians. Have you tried it?

Yes, and we really enjoyed it!

Oh absolutely. We don't plan to request an actual room. We honestly don't care where our room is. We just want to make sure we don't have a connecting room.
Reminds me I should ask my TA to add that on my res too. I hate connecting rooms. If I get one I’ll roll up a towel to put in between connecting door on the floor.

If the people next to me are loud I’ll yell out to my Daughter (I warn her first lol) her name—- please use your inside voice, we don’t want to disturb the neighbours!

Jamaica is a great location. We have had over 70 nights in a room in Jamaica and have never had an issue with the buses. The mornings are great because it's the first pick up and you only go to Aruba before heading to your destination. And even when they don't split the resort, Jamaica is the 5th out of 6 possible stops. Don't know where you got 7 bus stops.
Thank you Dansdad. I think someone mentioned 7 in a post here. Anyway do you know approximately untill what time they have a bus for each part of the resort?

We stayed in Barbados, but took the Skyliner to HS and then the bus from HS to MK. Not sure it was quicker, but less stressful. We stopped at Joffreys for coffee before getting on the Skyliner. :coffee:

What a great idea! We have a preferred room in September and I plan on requesting Barbados.

We did this too when we stayed in October. But we were in the Aruba section. We took the Skyliner at the Riviera station and rode over to HS. We actually had reservations at 1900 Park Fare, so we got on the GF bus. It worked out perfectly for us. There was no wait and we got to enjoy the views!

First timer to Disney World here and over whelmed with alll the information.

Does anyone know if there are family suites available here? I'm looking for a three bed room/s or rooms adjoining for three adults.

Also one of our party will need to get back and rest often, which is the best part of the resort to stay in to do that comfortably travel wise.

Is access to Hollywood studios good?

Thanks so much

Hi all,
Can you make boiling water with the coffee makers in the room? I’m thinking of brining some ‘just add hot water’ instant oats for a quick breakfast in the morning without having to go over to OPR

First timer to Disney World here and over whelmed with alll the information.

Does anyone know if there are family suites available here? I'm looking for a three bed room/s or rooms adjoining for three adults.

Also one of our party will need to get back and rest often, which is the best part of the resort to stay in to do that comfortably travel wise.

Is access to Hollywood studios good?

Thanks so much
No suites. There are connecting rooms, which you can request, but they wont guarentee that. Adjoining simply means close to one another, so you can also request that.

For going back to rest all of the villages have their own bus stop. Staying near the skyliner would mean the far end of Jamaica or Aruba.

Access to HS is good. It is the closest park to CBR. The skyliner is available. There are busses. Or it is a very short Uber ride away.

Two Questions:

1. Where can a lyft (not a minnie van) pick us up early in the morning at 6am travel to HS - we requested a room in Jamaica and have a standard 5th sleeper booked. At parking lot near our room or do we have to go to lobby?

2. I saw a map with Freestyle machines near building 46 in Jamaica but is there a place to get coffee there too or do we have to go to Old Port Royale for that?

Two Questions:

1. Where can a lyft (not a minnie van) pick us up early in the morning at 6am travel to HS - we requested a room in Jamaica and have a standard 5th sleeper booked. At parking lot near our room or do we have to go to lobby?

2. I saw a map with Freestyle machines near building 46 in Jamaica but is there a place to get coffee there too or do we have to go to Old Port Royale for that?
You can get a Lyft or Uber to come to any building. I had an Uber pick us up at Barbados 32, by the bus stop. I put the info in the specific pick up location. We stood out on the sidewalk and watched for our driver. There are also circular drive ways at each of the building groupings.

Not sure about the freestyle machine. We were in Barbados 33, got coffee at Joffrey's by the main skyliner station. It opens at 7:30 am, at least when we were there.

Two Questions:

Why are you leaving at 6 am? The park opening times have changed to 8 or 9, and they're only letting people in 10-15 minutes early

Hi all,
Can you make boiling water with the coffee makers in the room? I’m thinking of brining some ‘just add hot water’ instant oats for a quick breakfast in the morning without having to go over to OPR
Yes, I’ve used the hot water from coffee maker for instant oats.

Two Questions:

You can use the coffee machine in your room.

Why are you leaving at 6 am? The park opening times have changed to 8 or 9, and they're only letting people in 10-15 minutes early
I can't speak for this person directly, but people tend to want to get to parks early to be near the front of the lines for rope drop, so that when the parks do open, they can do a popular ride with little to no wait.

I can't speak for this person directly, but people tend to want to get to parks early to be near the front of the lines for rope drop, so that when the parks do open, they can do a popular ride with little to no wait.
True, but that would put them there at 6:30. I have rope dropped a lot and have literally never gotten there 90 minutes early, nor have I ever had to in order to walk right on rides with no wait.

Two Questions:

Was just looking at the same map and noticed the FreeStyle machine near building 43 in Jamaica. How much closer is it that machine to the SkyLiner station than the ones at Centertown Market or Spyglass Grill? Also are the FreeStyle machines at building like Jamaica only accessible to CBR guests, or would guests from other resorts also have access to it?

The freestyle machines at the pools dont open up until later in the morning correct?
Was thinking about coffee, I know hubby needs a couple cups in the morning...guess I'll need to hunt down those cuisinart pods..

The freestyle machines at the pools dont open up until later in the morning correct?
Was thinking about coffee, I know hubby needs a couple cups in the morning...guess I'll need to hunt down those cuisinart pods..

There are freestyle machines at the island pools?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter