Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

For our Epcot day, we arrived at the skyliner around 11am and there was no wait. However on our DHS day, we arrived at around 9:30am and the line started well outside the depot and it was all for DHS. It moves pretty quick but if you want to arrive before 10am to get ROTR boarding passes, you need to be at the depot by 9am. From what I saw on our tv, the skyliner to the parks only starts one hour prior to park opening.

CBR buses have been off schedule/slower in the last few years (since the refurb) and then worse when the Skyliner went up and running.

They are clearly encouraging everyone to use the skyliner for HS/Epcot.

Its obvious they want everyone on the skyliner but it’s still really disappointing that the buses are so infrequently ran when the skyliner goes down.

For our Epcot day, we arrived at the skyliner around 11am and there was no wait. However on our DHS day, we arrived at around 9:30am and the line started well outside the depot and it was all for DHS. It moves pretty quick but if you want to arrive before 10am to get ROTR boarding passes, you need to be at the depot by 9am. From what I saw on our tv, the skyliner to the parks only starts one hour prior to park opening.
I wonder how long the wait is at 9:00. If it will get us there in order to get a boarding pass.

Yes without any crazy unforeseen issues, yes you should arrive and be through security by 9:30 if you got to the skyliner by 9. We arrived at DHS a few min after 10 when we got in the skyliner line at 9:30.
Oh good thank you. I have been wondering how to be there on time.

Have the village pools been quiet or pretty busy in the evenings? Just wondering if there is anything to do in the evening. Is bike rental open? We have a King room booked, does anyone know if these are just located in certain buildings/villages or are they spread out through the resort buildings? Thank you!

Have the village pools been quiet or pretty busy in the evenings? Just wondering if there is anything to do in the evening. Is bike rental open? We have a King room booked, does anyone know if these are just located in certain buildings/villages or are they spread out through the resort buildings? Thank you!

We didn’t use the quiet pools but we saw the pools at Jamaica and Aruba and they only appeared busier during the day time hours. We walked passed these pools several times throughout our week and in the evenings they were fairly empty. Not sure about King room locations but I believe they’re present in every village. The majority of guests last week were located in Aruba and Jamaica with fewer in Martinique and Barbados. And right now Trinidad village isn’t open. Also not sure about bikes, I never saw anyone riding them so I’m guessing it’s not available. We spent very little time at CBR and more of our time at the parks. I did see that they had outdoor movies the nights we were there and the main pool is open until 9pm right now.

We have a King room booked, does anyone know if these are just located in certain buildings/villages or are they spread out through the resort buildings? Thank you!

There are 8-10 King rooms in every building except Trinidad as those are all Pirate Themed Rooms.

Does anyone know where the Lyft pickup/drop off is?
Can they pick you up in each section?

We're thinking of switching to CSR or CBR from POP for our November trip.

Does anyone know where the Lyft pickup/drop off is?
Can they pick you up in each section?

We're thinking of switching to CSR or CBR from POP for our November trip.

We saw people being picked up at from bus depots but not sure if there is a designated pick up/drop off at CBR. When we’ve used uber at other Disney resorts, we just always went to the main lobby building.

Martinique 31 and Barbados 25/26 are both very close to old port royale and the centertown market. We were in Jamaica building 45 and it was a solid 5 minute walk over the bridge to the food court. May find this map helpful
https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

But be aware that Martinique and Barbados are preferred sections. So if you did not book preferred the odds of you getting placed there decrease considerably.

But be aware that Martinique and Barbados are preferred sections. So if you did not book preferred the odds of you getting placed there decrease considerably.

All valid points.

@WINTER Depending on what room type you want and paid for, that will dictate where you end up. You can make requests based on what you booked but they’re just requests, they don’t have to honor them. We requested Jamaica, 2nd floor last week and got that. As @Dug720 said, you won’t typically get a preferred room if you only booked a standard. My negative on staying in some of those “preferred” rooms at CBR is proximity to the skyliner depot which we used more frequently than going to the lobby this why we requested Jamaica. Just keep that in mind. We only ate at the food court at the end of the day so we just hopped off the bus at old port royale.

Just came back from a 4 day stay.

The main pool was crowded at around 4 - we had to wait about 15 minutes with only two people in front of us. There were plenty of chairs - though none with an umbrella. About 45 minutes later I happened to look up at the entrance gate and there was a much longer line of people waiting to get in. I also saw people waiting for the person working the exit gate to walk away and then they just walked in through the exit 🙁 We were in Aruba building 51 with a partial view of the lake. Was able to get a microwave delivered :thumbsup2

For HS - we left our room at 9:10 - got to the Skyliner which ended at the bottom of the ramp, long line that moved at a descent pace for temperature check, but then we were pulled aside to have the diaper bag checked, which turned into a long process of removing everything and then repacking - we did not have to do this at AK. Made it through with less than two minutes to 10. Opened app, was adding my family to the group and all BGs were gone! In seconds!!!!! I looked at my phone and it was still 10:00. Everyone around me was excited, not me. Long lines at the blue umbrellas, so we just decided to enjoy the park. At 2 I tried again and the app just kept crashing - but somehow we were assigned backup group 81. At 6:30 we get the notification! The girls were so excited - the got in - they said the ride broke down for about 40 minutes but they loved it. Seems like shortly after the lightning struck.

We got stuck at the Boardwalk when the Skyliner went down due to the weather and the chaos at the bus stop was unreal. If you can uber back - totally recommend. People weren't waiting - being rude to the dispatcher and no social distancing.

Parks were a little more crowded - able to do all rides - but that was being at parks from opening to closing. Some rides were walk-on, while others like ToT were an hour wait.

Food was limited - so we enjoyed going off property to grab dinner.

Any questions - let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter