Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would also call the front desk on your departure day (as early in the morning as you can) and see if you can get late check out. They will sometimes give it to you if they can. It is usually free until like 1:30 or something and then if you want later than that, they will charge you. It can't always be granted, but it is worth a shot.
Edited to add, I guess things have changed so what I said below is no longer accurate.

This is a another good idea. However, it is housekeeping that decides yay or nay on late checkouts so I would call them. The Front Desk may be able to help, by asking housekeeping, but that would have to be done in person at the front desk. There is no way to call the Front Desk. All calls to the "Front Desk" go to a central call center located off site and they would not be very helpful with this specifically.

Last edited:
This is an another good idea. However, it is housekeeping that decides yay or nay on late checkouts so I would call them. The Front Desk may be able to help, by asking housekeeping, but that would have to be done in person at the front desk. There is no way to call the Front Desk. All calls to the "Front Desk" go to a central call center located off site and they would not be very helpful with this specifically.
You can’t call housekeeping either that goes to the off-site- unless CBR is different from other Disney hotels?

You can’t call housekeeping either that goes to the off-site- unless CBR is different from other Disney hotels?
Not different that I know of. I did not know that. That must be a somewhat recent change. Oct 2022 I called housekeeping from our room to request more coffee and the woman I spoke to on the phone was the same woman who brought our coffee.

I would also call the front desk on your departure day (as early in the morning as you can) and see if you can get late check out. They will sometimes give it to you if they can. It is usually free until like 1:30 or something and then if you want later than that, they will charge you. It can't always be granted, but it is worth a shot.
I had no idea. Thank you

Heading to CBR for the first time on 3/29. I understand the Fuentes del Morro Pool is closed until 'late March'. Does anyone have any idea if the pool will be open by the time we're there? Just wondering if people have followed this refurbishment in the past and if they usually opened by the time they said they would. It's tough to research the past refurbishment timelines vs when it opened. Thanks!

Heading to CBR for the first time on 3/29. I understand the Fuentes del Morro Pool is closed until 'late March'. Does anyone have any idea if the pool will be open by the time we're there? Just wondering if people have followed this refurbishment in the past and if they usually opened by the time they said they would. It's tough to research the past refurbishment timelines vs when it opened. Thanks!
We had friends return from CBR on Monday and they heard from multiple CMs that they expect the pool to open back up March 22nd.

They’re gonna want it open for Easter

Thanks. In my mind 'late' March would be like 3/24 and beyond. I wasn't sure how they did it in the past though (i.e. under promise, over deliver type thing).

I had no idea. Thank you
Some are saying you can’t call the front desk. We were there in July 2023 and called someone from the room phone and were granted it? I know we didn’t call housekeeping or visit the front desk. I may be using the wrong term, but it worked. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Also, does Centertown market brew their coffee before 7am? I know when we stayed there last year spyglass grill did that and so did French quarter

I did a search but the posts were from a couple years ago.

Does CBR have a caricature artist on site?

Currently sitting on Caribbean Cay. It’s amazing how often the Skyliner stops or slows down. It rarely goes five minutes without slowing down to a crawl.

If you use Lyft, make sure they know to come down Victory Way to the Caribbean entrance. They will get turned away at the Riviera entrance, which the GPS thinks is the best way depending on the direction they are coming. Also, bell services rep said they must come to the Olde Port Royale, but the app allows them to pick you up right outside your building. You can pick the village in the building number. So who knows.

Our server at Banana Cabana said the main pool will be opening in the summer, but again who knows.

thanks for the update! Disney says the pool is only closed until late March. Did the server seem to imply it would take longer? April is pretty much summer there so maybe it’s one and the same!

Also is your room updated? I’m hoping they all are by now. Headed there next month!

thanks for the update! Disney says the pool is only closed until late March. Did the server seem to imply it would take longer? April is pretty much summer there so maybe it’s one and the same!

Also is your room updated? I’m hoping they all are by now. Headed there next month!
I just asked about the pool and he said it be open in the summer. The rooms did not seem updated to me. We were in Aruba building 51 and our Lyft driver did pick us up outside building 51 which is great.

I just asked about the pool and he said it be open in the summer. The rooms did not seem updated to me. We were in Aruba building 51 and our Lyft driver did pick us up outside building 51 which is great.
Oh thanks! This is helpful. Did the room have carpet or the “wood” flooring? I think that’s supposed to be the extent of the renovation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter