Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So we are booked in a Standard view room at the end of November. We have 4 adults and 2 children (ages 4 and 2) on the reservation. Given the number of people booked for the room, will they automatically put us in a room with the murphy bed option that sleeps 5 adults or is this something I need to make sure to request?

I'm banking on that murphy bed! This pregnant mama wants a place for the 4 year old to sleep solo. Or maybe I'll sleep there so I don't get kicked by flailing toddler appendages!
Yes, they will. However, the Murphy bed rooms don't really sleep "five adults," as the bed is too short--64 inches long. Your four year old should fit fine...

So we are booked in a Standard view room at the end of November. We have 4 adults and 2 children (ages 4 and 2) on the reservation. Given the number of people booked for the room, will they automatically put us in a room with the murphy bed option that sleeps 5 adults or is this something I need to make sure to request?

I'm banking on that murphy bed! This pregnant mama wants a place for the 4 year old to sleep solo. Or maybe I'll sleep there so I don't get kicked by flailing toddler appendages!

Yes, you'll automatically get a room for 5 with the murphy bed. And I fit fine on the murphy bed at 5'2" but if you are tall it might not work for you.

Yes, they will. However, the Murphy bed rooms don't really sleep "five adults," as the bed is too short--64 inches long. Your four year old should fit fine...

No big deal! I'm only 5'2". I'm basically child size too :earboy2:

Thanks so much for the info! Glad I don't have to add that to my room request.

Just got back from CBR 10/24 I stayed in Aruba 56. My room was standard view. Steps from the bus stop. I was the last stop. Bus situation was not great, especially in the morning. Allow extra, extra time if you want to get there at park opening. The quiet pool was close to our room. The beach was great for relaxing at night. I'm glad I knew about construction and followed on the Disboards. It really helped me adjust expectations. We had a wonderful trip and enjoyed spending our gift card.

No big deal! I'm only 5'2". I'm basically child size too :earboy2:

Thanks so much for the info! Glad I don't have to add that to my room request.

I was going to say I'm 5'4" and found the murphy bed plenty of room for me. I tried it out at POR and they basically look like the same size.

Just had to modify my reservation for next weekend and will now be at CBR. I can't wait to see what all the construction looks like in person. We go often, so we're up for the adventure!

Just back from CBR. I do have to say I was sad when I saw ALL the construction. I loved staying at CBR have sayed in Jamaica and the last 2 years we were in Barbados. This stay I requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. We got Jamaica 41, I asked if we could get 45 and CM who checked us in made call and said we would have to wait, that was no problem for us since I knew we would be at parks all day.
IMO
1. CM, buses to parks, were fantastic, they wanted to make us happy.
2. I did not eat at the resort, but did get a few drinks at the bar. They also had water outside of food tent with fruit that was nice to be able to get each night.
3. They need more people for bell service and more internal buses. Since you are not able to walk to the custom house anymore. We left our carryon bags with Bell service on our first day. We had arrived at resort around 9:00am and did not get back to our room till after 9:00pm, we waited over an hour and a half. They did apologize and I know it was not CM fault but I did need some of the things in my carryon before bed and we had started the day at 3:00am, DH stayed in room Eagles Redskins game was on, and I went out to get internal bus to go to custom house waited for some time no bus but husband called and said carryon was just dropped off. Our luggage was in our room, but they do not deliver carryon things unless you are in room.
4. I was not able to get a case of water at resort, but a very nice CM gave me the number to garden grocer. I didn’t call them did not want to have to wait for bell service to deliver anything.
I did not spend a lot of time at CBR this visit, but if anyone has question just ask.
I will be holding out to see what Disney does with CBR, this was my favorite resort so nice and quiet before. Not sure what this DVC does to CBR, I will be back. Did not do Bonce Back I did not have a brochure in my room. And the one day I called they said I had to wait till my last day. My last day was today and we left at 5:10am with ME.

So excited for our first trip to CBR in just 5 days!!!! Quick question, is there somewhere on property I can buy a bottle of wine? We like to keep some in the room for after we get back from the parks in the evening, but with all the closures I wasn't sure if it was readily available. If not, we'll just look to buy some in Epcot

Just back from CBR. I do have to say I was sad when I saw ALL the construction. I loved staying at CBR have sayed in Jamaica and the last 2 years we were in Barbados. This stay I requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. We got Jamaica 41, I asked if we could get 45 and CM who checked us in made call and said we would have to wait, that was no problem for us since I knew we would be at parks all day.
IMO
1. CM, buses to parks, were fantastic, they wanted to make us happy.
2. I did not eat at the resort, but did get a few drinks at the bar. They also had water outside of food tent with fruit that was nice to be able to get each night.
3. They need more people for bell service and more internal buses. Since you are not able to walk to the custom house anymore. We left our carryon bags with Bell service on our first day. We had arrived at resort around 9:00am and did not get back to our room till after 9:00pm, we waited over an hour and a half. They did apologize and I know it was not CM fault but I did need some of the things in my carryon before bed and we had started the day at 3:00am, DH stayed in room Eagles Redskins game was on, and I went out to get internal bus to go to custom house waited for some time no bus but husband called and said carryon was just dropped off. Our luggage was in our room, but they do not deliver carryon things unless you are in room.
4. I was not able to get a case of water at resort, but a very nice CM gave me the number to garden grocer. I didn’t call them did not want to have to wait for bell service to deliver anything.
I did not spend a lot of time at CBR this visit, but if anyone has question just ask.
I will be holding out to see what Disney does with CBR, this was my favorite resort so nice and quiet before. Not sure what this DVC does to CBR, I will be back. Did not do Bonce Back I did not have a brochure in my room. And the one day I called they said I had to wait till my last day. My last day was today and we left at 5:10am with ME.

As to the Bounce Back if you just checked out today and you are interested you might want to call today. If you called today they would probably still honor it and allow you to book.

So excited for our first trip to CBR in just 5 days!!!! Quick question, is there somewhere on property I can buy a bottle of wine? We like to keep some in the room for after we get back from the parks in the evening, but with all the closures I wasn't sure if it was readily available. If not, we'll just look to buy some in Epcot

I did not see any place to buy wine. The Bar was open and I did go to the market in room 4308 in Jamaica they did not have wine there but I did not ask if they had any in the back just asked for water. If you are familiar with garden grocer. They are a good option, we did not use them this time, but have used them many time before, for wine, beer and food.

Have a great time!

As to the Bounce Back if you just checked out today and you are interested you might want to call today. If you called today they would probably still honor it and allow you to book.

Thank you I just might give it a try, right now.

I did not see any place to buy wine. The Bar was open and I did go to the market in room 4308 in Jamaica they did not have wine there but I did not ask if they had any in the back just asked for water. If you are familiar with garden grocer. They are a good option, we did not use them this time, but have used them many time before, for wine, beer and food.

Have a great time!
Thank you!!! We've done garden grocer before, but found we really didn't need much in our room (except wine of course). If I recall their wine selections weren't great and the prices inflated, so we'll just stick to picking up some wine in Epcot.

Grown man kid at heart here I was thinking about booking the CBR and pirate rooms for my 40th bday next year this would be my first trip to the CBR but wanted to do something special .I'm a little nervous with the construction should I be thanks in advance!!

We've been to Disney the last 5 years. Each time we went in the past, we stayed at the value resorts, and this is the first time we've "upgraded" to a moderate resort (CBR) but from what I'm reading, the "renovations" are more like major construction. Each year, we purchase the refillable mugs at the resort so that we can get coffee / hot chocolate / poweraid / etc. I've seen some YouTube videos showing the coke/soda machines at the resort, but I have yet to see a hot chocolate dispenser in any of the videos. Does anybody know if there is hot chocolate and/or coffee readily available?

We've stayed at Pop, as well as the All Stars in the past. At night it is nice to get a hot chocolate before heading to bed.

We haven't stayed at a moderate resort in a while. For those that have stayed recently do they have separate shampoo and conditioner? I'm not picky but need a regular conditioner thanks to the Florida humidity

What area would your request at CBR to be away from the construction? Will be drive own car to parks each day.

What area would your request at CBR to be away from the construction? Will be drive own car to parks each day.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations. Very short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature Pool yet well away from the construction.

How did you get 6 people booked into a CBR room? From what I've seen in the past, if a room only sleeps 5, Disney won't let you book the room for 6, even if one of the 6 is an infant.

How did you get 6 people booked into a CBR room? From what I've seen in the past, if a room only sleeps 5, Disney won't let you book the room for 6, even if one of the 6 is an infant.

Yes they will. Every WDW room is the stated max occupancy plus 1 under 3 years old.

Yes they will. Every WDW room is the stated max occupancy plus 1 under 3 years old.
OK, I see that now... I've already got a reservation for 5 next year for CBR, and when I tried for fun to add an infant, it wouldn't let me. But I tried changing he dates and now I can (so apparently the dates for which I made a reservation for just one month ago are now booked full).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter