• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I’d keep checking to see if Tower CSR shows up. People are starting to cancel fall/winter Disney travel plans due to Flu + Covid fear. I’ve only stayed CSR & CSR Tower of those. My biggest gripe with CSR was how darn hard it was to get places. I had a preferred room and it was still like a 15 minute walk through a maze to get to the main building (I had to take 2 different elevators and wind through a few different outdoor hallways- who the heck built that stupid hotel?!). Minnie Vans could pickup/drop off from the building I was in so that was a saving grace of that trip. But they aren’t running yet at WDW. At least CBR has the Death Trap of the Sky going for it to counter its sprawling layout. Not being a fan of CSR layout or the Death Trap of the Sky if I was to pick a moderate I would try POFQ due to its smaller size. I haven’t done that yet but were I looking for a mod and GDT wasn’t available that would be my next try even though the rooms aren’t nearly as up to date as something like CSR.

If you can get a shot at it GDT it’s my first choice after deluxe CL (although GDT CL is one of my favorite Disney experiences if you get a shot at that!). I think the rooms are of better quality than any other normal rooms on property even without CL services. The super fast elevators make it feel like you’re at room in no time and amenities all within covered walking make it great even in bad weather. (And it was beautiful at Xmas last year, they did an excellent job!)

Thanks. I'm shocked that preferred is still far from everything. CSR and CBR are.the only mods open. I really did lol at your description of a death trap. I have no desire to ever ride it. It's more of a con to me...
I'm not even sure I.will book something. Cases are rising and we have a 2 way quarantine being in NY. Who knows what time will bring. My husband is cautious with travel due to work.

I'm tossing around the idea of a few day trip Christmas week. Haven't even mentioned it to my husband yet😆 anyway, you can't book regular rooms at WL or the poly. Pull out couches and wall beds don't work for my kids. I'm leaning towards CR but rack rate is $$. This may be my time to rey a moderate as there is no cl. That leaves Carribean beach and Coronado but the tower isn't available. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? What were pros and cons. Thanks.
Are you driving? If flying, I would check prices. Right now planes are not full but I expect crowded flights during the holidays.

Thanks. I'm shocked that preferred is still far from everything. CSR and CBR are.the only mods open. I really did lol at your description of a death trap. I have no desire to ever ride it. It's more of a con to me...
I'm not even sure I.will book something. Cases are rising and we have a 2 way quarantine being in NY. Who knows what time will bring. My husband is cautious with travel due to work.

We stayed at CBR last year for four days or so. Not going to lie, the whole outside/motel setup and sprawling grounds is a big difference for those used to the deluxes and especially CL. We did enjoy our stay quite a bit and thought the grounds were beautiful. But it's a different experience.

I've only stayed in the Tower at CSR but visited friends in the regular part last year - I like the look/feel/layout of CSR a lot better than CBR. More dining options, easier to get around, great pools, etc. CSR is isolated from a transportation perspective, but that's a minor detail. Most bus routes to the parks are straight shots and CSR is more "central" than I expected.

If I were going for a mod, we'd probably choose CSR over CBR. CSR feels more like Deluxe-lite, if that makes sense.

Are you driving? If flying, I would check prices. Right now planes are not full but I expect crowded flights during the holidays.
Flying and flights aren't cheap that week lol. I can fly for practically nothing all summer though.

We stayed at CBR last year for four days or so. Not going to lie, the whole outside/motel setup and sprawling grounds is a big difference for those used to the deluxes and especially CL. We did enjoy our stay quite a bit and thought the grounds were beautiful. But it's a different experience.

I've only stayed in the Tower at CSR but visited friends in the regular part last year - I like the look/feel/layout of CSR a lot better than CBR. More dining options, easier to get around, great pools, etc. CSR is isolated from a transportation perspective, but that's a minor detail. Most bus routes to the parks are straight shots and CSR is more "central" than I expected.

If I were going for a mod, we'd probably choose CSR over CBR. CSR feels more like Deluxe-lite, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the input. The motel style is my only concern. That said, the tower opened up between last night and today. I forget who said it can change last night but they gave me good luck! Now to talk to hubby. I have no idea if he will be able to get the time off. Or agree to go lol. He went on a golf trip to PA but won't go to Atlantic City and we love going for the night (no kids). So we'll see 🤷‍♀️

Just to add to updates, I was contacted by my TA last week about our Nov stay and the fact that there is no WL CL rooms at this time (or reg WL rooms). We were offered price protected CR Magic Kingdom view ( our current price was about $400 less then what it said when I went on quick and priced out for that). I made the switch. However, if we go, we were going to shorten the Disney part of the stay and go to Universal (staying in one of their hotels). Since I loose my price if I make a change now I have left things as is. I have very little confidence we will even go.
Just keeping it on the books for now seems like the "positive outlook" thing to do.

Been waffling on December again. If I cancel now I can use those points for a spring or summer stay next year and the rooms we like currently have plenty of availability. If I wait and cancel I run the risk of getting the bottom of the barrel left overs as everyone and their cousin will be running to use their points and mine must be used before next December.

Last edited:

I finally made the difficult decision to cancel our trip next month (we were doing a split stay and moved from CL to a 1 bedroom at Kidani and VGF). Actually, it was not difficult at all to decide. I’m uncomfortable with air travel right now and also with the alarming number of Covid cases in Florida. It just doesn’t feel like the right decision for my family. We’re fortunate to have been to Disney multiple times in the past, and I am confident we will return in the future when things feel safer. It was difficult because my daughter has had a boring summer, and this trip was her one thing to look forward to (mine too). Our highlight in an otherwise dull summer. We are fortunate we live in an amazing place, though, with all of the outdoor adventures we could ever want (and some we don’t want! Even though we already live at a high altitude, hiking beyond a certain elevation makes me really sick). Instead I’ve planned two trips where we will be renting a cabin in the mountains and spending time outdoors. It’s something we‘ve done infrequently enough in the past that we are both really looking forward to our upcoming adventures.

Sad about Disney, and I still have to make a decision about Thanksgiving. Supposedly we are staying CL at WL and no one has contacted me to change it. I made a backup reservation, just in case, at CCV. It‘s hard for me to imagine Thanksgiving anywhere but WL. We’ve stayed there Thanksgiving week since my daughter was really young. I’m concerned about Covid at Thanksgiving also as that’s also flu season. I feel this could be a difficult year as flu and Covid have similar symptoms. I’m holding off on that for a while. Things change so rapidly I hardly feel like I can plan even a week in advance these days.

I finally made the difficult decision to cancel our trip next month (we were doing a split stay and moved from CL to a 1 bedroom at Kidani and VGF). Actually, it was not difficult at all to decide. I’m uncomfortable with air travel right now and also with the alarming number of Covid cases in Florida. It just doesn’t feel like the right decision for my family. We’re fortunate to have been to Disney multiple times in the past, and I am confident we will return in the future when things feel safer. It was difficult because my daughter has had a boring summer, and this trip was her one thing to look forward to (mine too). Our highlight in an otherwise dull summer. We are fortunate we live in an amazing place, though, with all of the outdoor adventures we could ever want (and some we don’t want! Even though we already live at a high altitude, hiking beyond a certain elevation makes me really sick). Instead I’ve planned two trips where we will be renting a cabin in the mountains and spending time outdoors. It’s something we‘ve done infrequently enough in the past that we are both really looking forward to our upcoming adventures.

Sad about Disney, and I still have to make a decision about Thanksgiving. Supposedly we are staying CL at WL and no one has contacted me to change it. I made a backup reservation, just in case, at CCV. It‘s hard for me to imagine Thanksgiving anywhere but WL. We’ve stayed there Thanksgiving week since my daughter was really young. I’m concerned about Covid at Thanksgiving also as that’s also flu season. I feel this could be a difficult year as flu and Covid have similar symptoms. I’m holding off on that for a while. Things change so rapidly I hardly feel like I can plan even a week in advance these days.
We did thanksgiving at BLT 2 years in a row. It is nice to have extra space at a busy time.

I have canceled so many trips my head spins. I have no concerns traveling it’s all the restrictions placed on us traveling I am dealing with.

I did TGIVING at wl cl 2018. Loved it!

Hope people keep posting pix, I sure enjoy them !

I'm sorry you cancelled your trip next month. I hope you enjoy the trips you have planned in the mountains :flower3:.

Hope people keep posting pix, I sure enjoy them !

::yes::

I'm biting the bullett and am changing my CL reservation at the Poly to a standard Room and saving. I spoke to a CM and she said there was no harm in waiting except the stock of alternatives could be more limited later. After re-running the numbers over the phone and online (going through "Change Reservation" button under My Plans), it's a savings of $1,400 for our five-night stay or $280/night going from Club Level Garden View to Standard View. Good luck to everyone sitting tight on their reservations.

Can someone remind me, have people with CL reservations at places like Poly in the period after the resort opens (eg, in August) been contacted about changing? Fell behind on the details and trying to remember current status. Thanks!

Can someone remind me, have people with CL reservations at places like Poly in the period after the resort opens (eg, in August) been contacted about changing? Fell behind on the details and trying to remember current status. Thanks!

I have a Club DVC reservation for AKL for Sept. and so far no one has contacted me and the reservation still shows in my MDE.

I'm biting the bullett and am changing my CL reservation at the Poly to a standard Room and saving. I spoke to a CM and she said there was no harm in waiting except the stock of alternatives could be more limited later. After re-running the numbers over the phone and online (going through "Change Reservation" button under My Plans), it's a savings of $1,400 for our five-night stay or $280/night going from Club Level Garden View to Standard View. Good luck to everyone sitting tight on their reservations.

It's tough deciding what to do, but glad you were able to change to something you wanted. CL at the Poly is great, but the resort overall is amazing and I'd have no trouble staying standard. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I was going to wait it out, but my hubby indicated that he wouldn't be all that comfy with CL if it opened 🤷. He commented that he was concerned about the multiple hotels we were booked in also, Boston Marriott night before flight, Dolphin for arrival night, Contemporary Atrium Club TP view 5 nights, and Renaissance ?? in MCO for our early morning depàrture. Soooooooo, I included arrival and departure days and booked us into the campground, rented an RV, reserved a WDW golf cart, got a rental car and changed our flights on both ends to leave a bit later in the day to avoid needing a hotel stay due to the flight! We are fortunate to own our own business and can completely work from home for the 2 weeks post vaca.

I was going to wait it out, but my hubby indicated that he wouldn't be all that comfy with CL if it opened 🤷. He commented that he was concerned about the multiple hotels we were booked in also, Boston Marriott night before flight, Dolphin for arrival night, Contemporary Atrium Club TP view 5 nights, and Renaissance ?? in MCO for our early morning depàrture. Soooooooo, I included arrival and departure days and booked us into the campground, rented an RV, reserved a WDW golf cart, got a rental car and changed our flights on both ends to leave a bit later in the day to avoid needing a hotel stay due to the flight! We are fortunate to own our own business and can completely work from home for the 2 weeks post vaca.
Minimizing the number of different hotel stays is a good idea right now, as is renting a car.

Fort Wilderness?! I love it there!

Fort Wilderness?! I love it there!
I can't wait!!! We camp in a pop up here in NH once or so a year. We both couldn't believe we never thought of it before!! I would just book a Deluxe CL and not think about it....we just opened up a whole new world LOL!

Sounds like a fun trip! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter