Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi, I just have a couple of questions re the deluxe club level rooms.

1. Can we have a rollaway in there as two teenagers won't want to share a bed with their parents or grandmother?

2. Do these rooms have elevators or will we need to request a ground floor room for grandmother (she wouldn't be able to climb stairs)?

Thanks so much in advance,
AJ

1. Can we have a rollaway in there as two teenagers won't want to share a bed with their parents or grandmother?

2. Do these rooms have elevators or will we need to request a ground floor room for grandmother (she wouldn't be able to climb stairs)?

AJ

Which resort?

Does anyone here have a preference among club levels for BW, BC, or YC? Have never stayed club level before, and might in May. Also, the difference between the standard and deluxe club level rooms is the size and bed configurations? It looks as though deluxe has two queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa, and the standard rooms have a number of different configurations.
Thanks for any recommendations.

AJ

At AKL, we had someone sick one night and had them bring one up which we fit with some arrangement. You will likely be charged an extra fee if you need for whole trip. We were Not charged, but sent back the next day, as person turned out to just be sick that day.

AKL and YC, are ones I know have elevators. I would assume the others do, but have only stayed at those.

In addition, at YC, there was a good sized daybed that a smaller teen may like. This was in a standard room, so not sure if CL room is the same.

Have they discontinued turndown service at all of the resorts CLs?? If so, this is a really bad move. We're checking into the Polynesian CL next week. I want my turndown service!!!! :crutches::sad2::confused3

We're checking in today at AKL CL. We'll ask and report their answer!

Hope this move is only temporary and that WDW will undo it. I am considering sending an email to Guest Relations (even though I have no definite plan in the future to stay at the BC/YC)

Is BC CL a good choice for NYE?

My youngest is six so I thought this might be a good option for our daughters, 9 and 13, to celebrate the New Year on the Boardwalk with daddy.

Thank you

Last edited:
Do you tip mousekeeping at club level?
I do. They are still doing a service for us. My guess is they get paid the same amount as everyone else. There are 4 of us and I usually leave 5 daily. Maybe more on check out day.

Speaking of the "postcard" from DSS..... for those curious or those who have never received one, here's what they look like. Sorry the paper is a little bent... I thought it was Disney junk-mail at first and it was 5 seconds away from the shredder!

Cute hidden Mickey card stock....
View attachment 261902

Inside....
View attachment 261903

Back....
View attachment 261904

Very cute! :goodvibes

I asked DSS about whether or not there would be turndown service for our upcoming BC CL stay today. This is the response I got:

After speaking with our resort partners at Disney's Beach Club Resort, they no longer have their turndown service. If this is something that you would prefer to have for your stay, I would speak with the Front Desk Cast Members to see if is a possibility. Please be advised that the turndown service cannot be guaranteed as it is no longer available.

I wrote them and told them that as we are planning a lot of resort time, and as it was one of the amenities that were listed when we booked and paid and still showing on the website, we would like to have turndown. We will see!

If Disney is doing away with turn down, they should at least take it off the website as an amenity :sad2:.

I also don't like that I have to complain myself and speak to the front desk. I feel like DSS should register my complaint for me.

I agree! Having DSS to answer questions/take care of problems is a perk of staying CL.

Boo to the no turn down at BC. I check in tomorrow and was looking forward to it. I hope I love BC! Still so excited. My 10 yo said he's not going to be able to sleep tonight. Well, me either kid

Have a great trip! :yay:

Have a great time! :jumping1:

Do you tip mousekeeping at club level?

Highly personal opinion with no right or wrong answer, but we do (I tip at any hotel, FWIW). I do try to tip turndown service as well, but sometimes the logistics of the day get in the way so I'm not always consistent on this.

I booked the Poly club level months ago and we arrive on Aug 24th. I have not heard from the concierge people. Is this normal?
Same here. I reached out to DSS myself for room requests, to note celebrations, book a poolside patio, etc.

For previous CL stays, concierge staff reached out right around my 180 day mark, but that was before everything switched to DSS. Definitely give them a call/shoot an email if you have any specific needs!!

Have they discontinued turndown service at all of the resorts CLs?? If so, this is a really bad move. We're checking into the Polynesian CL next week. I want my turndown service!!!! :crutches::sad2::confused3

The only affirmative recent reports I've seen seem to be BC/YC, I think. Someone posted a thread on a similar topic here and you can see a sampling of responses which seem to be status quo at some other places: Club Level Turndown Service?

I wonder if this is one of those random cost savings cut backs that will magically reappear after then end of their fiscal year (9/30).

Well I can confirm turn down service at the BWI CL. We got Ghiradelli chocolates with the turndown. I also love that they clean up any dirty plates and cups from the afternoon. Nice touch.

I booked the Poly club level months ago and we arrive on Aug 24th. I have not heard from the concierge people. Is this normal?

I've gotten calls from DSS for both of my upcoming CL stays (Poly and GF) a week or two before my 180 day mark, and got the postcard in the mail that PP posted. I've also called them myself as things have come up for the same reasons PPs mentioned- specific room requests, help with celebrations in room or at restaurants, etc. I've also called for help with BBB or ADRs if the wait time for the standard phone lines was super long. The DSS CMs are usually very helpful!

Does anyone here have a preference among club levels for BW, BC, or YC? Have never stayed club level before, and might in May. Also, the difference between the standard and deluxe club level rooms is the size and bed configurations? It looks as though deluxe has two queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa, and the standard rooms have a number of different configurations.
Thanks for any recommendations.

We've stayed at BC CL many times. We stayed at BWI CL deluxe room last July 2016. We have only stayed in a regular room at YC (not CL there). So my opinion is based only on those stays.

BC CL was renovated a couple(?) years ago and it's very nice. Lounge is a great size, food is plentiful, rooms are nicely done. This is our favorite out of the 3 you listed. Our opinion mainly stems from the resort itself, though. We love the entire "feel" there. It feels family-ish and has a light/airy/beachy feel to it. As far as room configuration, a daybed is only a request in a regular room so that is a big reason why we don't stay there as often anymore.

YC is very nice, has an elegant/upscale/gold tones/adult feel to it. We did not try CL there, but I believe it has recently been refurbished (lounge and rooms) so I'd like to try it someday when my kids are much older, or someday when our kids are off at college and maybe DH and I will try to go to Disney w/o them.

BWI CL deluxe room did not have separate bedrooms but it was long enough that everyone had a lot of space. It had 2 (very) large screen TVs. 2 queens plus a pull-out sofa bed. We really did like the size of this room, and it had a nice boardwalk view. The CL part of it was ok to us. We thought it was geared more towards adults. Maybe it was just the time of year we were there (just prior to July 4) but there were no other kids in the lounge, the TV was always on adult-type shows, etc.

Thanks to all who responded about the Poly CL not contacting me. How strange that people have such different experiences. A few years ago we stayed at AKL and we had communication from the staff, so I was wondering. I will email them. I'm getting so excited!

Thanks to all who responded about the Poly CL not contacting me. How strange that people have such different experiences. A few years ago we stayed at AKL and we had communication from the staff, so I was wondering. I will email them. I'm getting so excited!

Just FYI... the setup is a bit different than it was a few years ago. The former service (Itinerary Planning Office) was unique to each specific CL. Disney Signatures Services, the new setup, is a centrally located concierge-like function. They are not as connected to the specific resorts like IPO used to be. They can do the same things, they just aren't physically resort concierges, etc.

Last edited:
For all of my cl stays this year I have gotten a message left on my home answering machine. For some I also got the thing in the mail like @GADisneyDad14 posted. It seemed like the end of 16 and early 17 trips were kind of ignored.

I only use them for room request and usually just pop off an email when I am ready.

disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

You should be excited I love love poly cl.

Hope this move is only temporary and that WDW will undo it. I am considering sending an email to Guest Relations (even though I have no definite plan in the future to stay at the BC/YC)

I posted this on the other thread, for reference the AKL staff confirmed turndown was still provided and there is no plan to change that!

So I called DSS a little while ago in order to add a few more items to my great-niece's surprise custom gift basket. Then I chatted with her about Memory Maker, and also asked for a current itinerary that I could print out.

Then before we hung she asked if there was anything else she could help with. I said probably not, because I've been looking ALL the time and there been no availability for ANY meal on ANY day of our trip, at Cinderella's Royal Table. I told her my great-niece has never been before, is 18 years old, but loves all of the Disney animated movies, the Marvel movies, Star Wars, etc. She asked which days I'd like a reservation for, so I told her that if there anything available at all during my trip that I'd take it, and then she asked which day and time would be my first choice, so I said "Our first morning there, for breakfast". Then she asked what time for breakfast, and I said "ANY time. LOL". So she said how does 9am on your first morning sound? Oh, and I see that you have a FP+ for Buzz Lightyear that you might not make it to in time, so let me change that a bit to give you time to enjoy your breakfast and not have to rush".

I was so shocked and thrilled!!!!!!! I really got some pixie dust today!!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter