Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi all! We got very lucky with discounts and have a split stay in February at GF for six nights ( regular room) followed by three nights at the animal Kingdom Lodge which we originally grabbed at 35% off under the visa promotion for a savannah view ...(for us it was the same price as the Por preferred room rack rate)... we ended up getting a pin code and were able to upgrade to the concierge floor savannah view .

I did see the one post at the beginning of the thread but can anyone tell me how close these rooms are to the quick service restaurant/main lobby ? other tips? It is just me and my husband . Thx!

Congrats on upgrading to AKL CL. I wanted to mention (in case you weren't aware) that CL rooms are on a different floor than the lounge. The lounge is on the 6th floor and CL rooms are on the 4th. All the rooms on the 6th floor were converted to DVC. We've never stayed CL at AKL so I can't comment on how far/close those rooms are to Mara & the main lobby, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Hi Everyone!
I just spent over two hours reading this thread. Thank you all for the fantastic information. My family is staying at the Poly CL theme park view in February. We have been to Disneyland once and WDW several times. This will be our first time staying CL. In the past we have stayed at CSR, Pop & YC.

My husband knows we are staying at the Poly (his request / idea) but he does not know we are staying CL. I don’t plan on telling him until we check in. Has anyone ever surprised their spouse with CL? I’m a little nervous but I know he will love the experience. We have a three year old son who has been indoctrinated into my love of the parks. I hear the Poly is very kid friendly so I’m especially excited for him.
Any CL tips or tricks are appropriated. Thanks again

OT question for @mrsap. My I ask when you got that magnet for your AP in your avatar? We received ours a month ago, and it was the Mickey head in a red circle, on a yellow background. I was hoping for the one you have.

That was the magnet that was sent previously. Maybe 3- 4 years ago. I think they just changed to the Mickey head in the last year or so.

Hi all! We got very lucky with discounts and have a split stay in February at GF for six nights ( regular room) followed by three nights at the animal Kingdom Lodge which we originally grabbed at 35% off under the visa promotion for a savannah view ...(for us it was the same price as the Por preferred room rack rate)... we ended up getting a pin code and were able to upgrade to the concierge floor savannah view .

I did see the one post at the beginning of the thread but can anyone tell me how close these rooms are to the quick service restaurant/main lobby ? other tips? It is just me and my husband . Thx!

The savannah view rooms on the Zebra Trail (especially 4407-4437) are the closest if you want to be near both the Mara and the lobby. The first block of rooms on the Kudu Trail (4211-4225) is also very close to the lobby, but a little farther from the Mara. When I stayed CL at AKL earlier this year, I also booked savannah view and my only room request was "Near lobby." We ended up getting the first room off the lobby in the Zebra Trail wing, room 4407. We liked this because it was just a short walk to the elevator to the CL lounge, or a short walk in the opposite direction to get to the elevator to the pool, Mara, etc. Hope you have a great trip!

Hi Everyone!
I just spent over two hours reading this thread. Thank you all for the fantastic information. My family is staying at the Poly CL theme park view in February. We have been to Disneyland once and WDW several times. This will be our first time staying CL. In the past we have stayed at CSR, Pop & YC.

My husband knows we are staying at the Poly (his request / idea) but he does not know we are staying CL. I don’t plan on telling him until we check in. Has anyone ever surprised their spouse with CL? I’m a little nervous but I know he will love the experience. We have a three year old son who has been indoctrinated into my love of the parks. I hear the Poly is very kid friendly so I’m especially excited for him.

Hi there. The Feb 2014 trip in my signature was our first Poly and CL trip, also a TPV room. It was only our second trip to Disney with DS, he was 3 or 4 at the time I think. DW did the planning on that one... CL wasn’t a surprise but I didn’t know anything about CL or what it was at the time.... so it was all new to me.

That trip was the start of it all....several years and multiple trips later we’ve had more CL trips than I really should admit, with many of those trips being Poly CL. I was really hooked after that. :-)

I actually just got back yesterday from another Poly CL long weekend trip. Happy to answer any questions!

Love your room/resort/time of year choice by the way. Have fun!

Do you get one mailed to you after purchasing AP’s? We just bought our 1st set of AP’s so I’d love to get one! Thanks!

FWIW, between me, DW, and DS who all have APs (purchased at different times).... the lack of consistency in who gets what mailings and when is amazing. Sometimes I get the Mickey Monitor newsletter thing... sometimes all three...sometimes none!

I got the Pandora info in the Spring (the AP preview days) but no one else did....

DW got the magnet but DS and I didn’t...

Some of the AP mailings can be frustratingly all over the place. :-)

Do you get one mailed to you after purchasing AP’s? We just bought our 1st set of AP’s so I’d love to get one! Thanks!

Did you activate them yet? They do mail them to you but I think you have to actually have used/ activated the APs first. Everything (magic bands, Mickey Monitor) seems to start after you activate the AP.

We renewed our APs in early September. We recieved the new magnets last week, about 4 - 5 weeks after we renewed. DH & I both have APs. We got 2 magnets in the same mailing addressed to "XXX Family".

Did you activate them yet? They do mail them to you but I think you have to actually have used/ activated the APs first. Everything (magic bands, Mickey Monitor) seems to start after you activate the AP.

We renewed our APs in early September. We recieved the new magnets last week, about 4 - 5 weeks after we renewed. DH & I both have APs. We got 2 magnets in the same mailing addressed to "XXX Family".

Thank you for your response! No, we just ordered them for our November trip! I’ll definitely keep an eye out after the holidays! By the way - is Mickey Monitor a magazine?? Thank you! :flower3:

Yes - you'll have one mailed to you! Mine took a bit of time to arrive, but you will get one. :)

Thank you for your response!! Looking forward to getting them! :flower3:

FWIW, between me, DW, and DS who all have APs (purchased at different times).... the lack of consistency in who gets what mailings and when is amazing. Sometimes I get the Mickey Monitor newsletter thing... sometimes all three...sometimes none!

I got the Pandora info in the Spring (the AP preview days) but no one else did....

DW got the magnet but DS and I didn’t...

Some of the AP mailings can be frustratingly all over the place. :-)

I hear you!! Had the same issue with those cute booklets they send out after booking a trip!!! I received one pretty quickly after my past 3 trips. This years trip, that I booked the beginning of this year, I didn’t get one. However, when I just booked our July trip last month, I received a booklet within 2 weeks of booking!!!! I don’t get it!!! Thanks for your response!!! I’ll be hopeful, but won’t hold my breath!!! LOL :scared:

Just back from a long Columbus Day weekend Poly CL trip. Had a great time as always! Couple of random notes/thoughts on the trip:

Room
Had a LV reservation...requested first floor, close to the lounge end of the building. Was in Room 1515, so first floor but at the end of the building away from the lounge. At first I asked to be changed which they couldn’t do the first night but could if I moved the next day. I initially agreed but once I got in the room and thought through the logistics of moving, I waived it off. We ended up loving the room... great view with a line of sight to the castle in between some trees/bungalows. Loved sitting on the patio while the kids played on the beach. With my kids loving to play on the beach more these days, I think I may be more of a LV convert going forward. Just so nice to sit there with a great view and the lovely Poly soundtrack playing.

We did get some very heavy rain a couple of times and this room was sort of at a low spot that collected water on the patio just a bit. But no big deal really. It drained quickly.

Room maybe had a bit more wear/tear than some others, but nothing complaint worthy.

Fireworks Sound
I have been unimpressed by the volume of the fireworks at the Poly beach for at least a few years. At times it has been inconsistent or so low that you really needed to be close to a speaker. At the moment, they have the volume cranked up in front of Hawaii BIG TIME. Like almost blowing the speaker/causing distortion. Plus they play the great intro music that starts in the parks 5 minutes before the show and the full exit song. A++

We walked out to the water’s edge the first night (towards the pool) and could hear just fine. Watched from our patio a second night and the volume was blaring. So glad they seem to have addressed this issue for the better.

In-Room Amenities
CL giveth, CL taketh away. No chocolate arrival gift (although did have the standard “welcome” note). No daily bottle of water in room. Only basic toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion), no foot scrub, sun lotion, some of the other fancy lotions, etc. Also very stingy with the daily refills!

Turn-Down Service
Had it nightly, no complaints. Except they come too early for my tastes (5-6ish). Also stingy with the chocolates. Some nights just one per bed, some nights two. Not that we really need any more, just an observation.

Electrical Water Pageant
I had read some of the floats were damaged in Irma. Not sure if that is true, but they are running a shortened version of EWP right now. It’s basically just one set of floats and it doesn’t move as it goes by Poly. I’m not sure exactly which segment wasn’t there? Just FYI if you’re a big EWP fan.

CL Food/Beverages
These continue to impress me this year, especially evening apps. Poly will never win the best CL food award, but it is better than it has been in prior years. Just wish they would rotate something else for the kiddos besides cut up uncrustables.

The convenience of beer/wine availability during the day at Poly really cannot be beat.

As has been reported by others, Blue Moon is gone. Bud Light is back, much to my delight (bring on the criticism!). They have also added a Kona “Hanalei Island IPA” which has elements of passion fruit, orange, and guava. Had never had it but it was absolutely delicious.

CL CMs
Personally I think Poly CL is benefitting from a corp group of generally very good CMs right now. Many familiar names/faces from prior trips that make the trip more enjoyable.

Texting Service
Maybe just me but I continue to use this somewhat frequently and very much appreciate it as an amenity. Glad Disney seems like they are going to keep it around (famous last words).

Minnie Van Service
Used this on Saturday to go to/from Poly/DHS. REALLY great service, worked perfectly. Regular uber is cheaper but for those like me that need car seats, it is a very welcome amenity. Plus they pick up/drop off from the bus stops which are closer than the uber/taxi drop offs/pick ups for most of the parks. I waited <5 minutes each way for a Minnie Van to arrive. I did try to take one home from Epcot Friday but the wait was 14 minutes, so we just did the monorail instead.

Oasis Pool Bar/Grill
So my Disney opinions usually slant positive, but I’m bringing the hammer down on Poly for this. I have always enjoyed the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill since it opened. I have found the service quick, food fresh and tasty... overall just a very pleasant place to have lunch with reasonably healthy options.

They recently closed the walk-up ordering window (CM said they did it a month ago). Now you have to sit down at the bar or tables to be served. Only one bartender, one server. Took forever to be served and there was only ONE other table occupied. They have done something to their salads.... the preparation has changed. The chicken is pre-cooked out of the bag - not freshly made. Cheap lettuce. Drowning in dressing. We ate there again on another day and I tried a different salad - same result.

Hopefully a fluke with the kitchen on my particular days, but I was pretty bummed out by my experience this time around.

Columbus Day Thoughts
Really liked Thursday/Friday. Pool crowds were low, park crowds manageable. Saturday/Sunday were very stout crowd wise!! The Lava Pool became people soup later in the day... which isn’t all that unusual but can take away some of the fun a bit.

I didn’t take many pics this time as I was pretty focused on the fam... but I have some I’ll try to post later today.

Happy to answer any questions!

Just back from a long Columbus Day weekend Poly CL trip. Had a great time as always! Couple of random notes/thoughts on the trip:

Room
Had a LV reservation...requested first floor, close to the lounge end of the building. Was in Room 1515, so first floor but at the end of the building away from the lounge. At first I asked to be changed which they couldn’t do the first night but could if I moved the next day. I initially agreed but once I got in the room and thought through the logistics of moving, I waived it off. We ended up loving the room... great view with a line of sight to the castle in between some trees/bungalows. Loved sitting on the patio while the kids played on the beach. With my kids loving to play on the beach more these days, I think I may be more of a LV convert going forward. Just so nice to sit there with a great view and the lovely Poly soundtrack playing.

We did get some very heavy rain a couple of times and this room was sort of at a low spot that collected water on the patio just a bit. But no big deal really. It drained quickly.

Room maybe had a bit more wear/tear than some others, but nothing complaint worthy.

Fireworks Sound
I have been unimpressed by the volume of the fireworks at the Poly beach for at least a few years. At times it has been inconsistent or so low that you really needed to be close to a speaker. At the moment, they have the volume cranked up in front of Hawaii BIG TIME. Like almost blowing the speaker/causing distortion. Plus they play the great intro music that starts in the parks 5 minutes before the show and the full exit song. A++

We walked out to the water’s edge the first night (towards the pool) and could hear just fine. Watched from our patio a second night and the volume was blaring. So glad they seem to have addressed this issue for the better.

In-Room Amenities
CL giveth, CL taketh away. No chocolate arrival gift (although did have the standard “welcome” note). No daily bottle of water in room. Only basic toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion), no foot scrub, sun lotion, some of the other fancy lotions, etc. Also very stingy with the daily refills!

Turn-Down Service
Had it nightly, no complaints. Except they come too early for my tastes (5-6ish). Also stingy with the chocolates. Some nights just one per bed, some nights two. Not that we really need any more, just an observation.

Electrical Water Pageant
I had read some of the floats were damaged in Irma. Not sure if that is true, but they are running a shortened version of EWP right now. It’s basically just one set of floats and it doesn’t move as it goes by Poly. I’m not sure exactly which segment wasn’t there? Just FYI if you’re a big EWP fan.

CL Food/Beverages
These continue to impress me this year, especially evening apps. Poly will never win the best CL food award, but it is better than it has been in prior years. Just wish they would rotate something else for the kiddos besides cut up uncrustables.

The convenience of beer/wine availability during the day at Poly really cannot be beat.

As has been reported by others, Blue Moon is gone. Bud Light is back, much to my delight (bring on the criticism!). They have also added a Kona “Hanalei Island IPA” which has elements of passion fruit, orange, and guava. Had never had it but it was absolutely delicious.

CL CMs
Personally I think Poly CL is benefitting from a corp group of generally very good CMs right now. Many familiar names/faces from prior trips that make the trip more enjoyable.

Texting Service
Maybe just me but I continue to use this somewhat frequently and very much appreciate it as an amenity. Glad Disney seems like they are going to keep it around (famous last words).

Minnie Van Service
Used this on Saturday to go to/from Poly/DHS. REALLY great service, worked perfectly. Regular uber is cheaper but for those like me that need car seats, it is a very welcome amenity. Plus they pick up/drop off from the bus stops which are closer than the uber/taxi drop offs/pick ups for most of the parks. I waited <5 minutes each way for a Minnie Van to arrive. I did try to take one home from Epcot Friday but the wait was 14 minutes, so we just did the monorail instead.

Oasis Pool Bar/Grill
So my Disney opinions usually slant positive, but I’m bringing the hammer down on Poly for this. I have always enjoyed the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill since it opened. I have found the service quick, food fresh and tasty... overall just a very pleasant place to have lunch with reasonably healthy options.

They recently closed the walk-up ordering window (CM said they did it a month ago). Now you have to sit down at the bar or tables to be served. Only one bartender, one server. Took forever to be served and there was only ONE other table occupied. They have done something to their salads.... the preparation has changed. The chicken is pre-cooked out of the bag - not freshly made. Cheap lettuce. Drowning in dressing. We ate there again on another day and I tried a different salad - same result.

Hopefully a fluke with the kitchen on my particular days, but I was pretty bummed out by my experience this time around.

Columbus Day Thoughts
Really liked Thursday/Friday. Pool crowds were low, park crowds manageable. Saturday/Sunday were very stout crowd wise!! The Lava Pool became people soup later in the day... which isn’t all that unusual but can take away some of the fun a bit.

I didn’t take many pics this time as I was pretty focused on the fam... but I have some I’ll try to post later today.

From our room we saw the EWP (that's the one with the dragon upfront and octopus in the back?) and it was working all nights we were there (9/15-9/25). Maybe just a fluke not that week for whatever reason? Gotta agree, LOVE the sound of listening to HEA from our room, heard it all and I got teary eyed every single time and we had the same VERY early turn down service as well.

Room

Fireworks Sound

In-Room Amenities

Turn-Down Service

Electrical Water Pageant

CL Food/Beverages

CL CMs

Texting Service

Minnie Van Service

Oasis Pool Bar/Grill

Columbus Day Thoughts

Welcome back!! Sounds like you had a really nice visit!!!

Nice to hear that the Poly CL evening apps have improved (the last time we were there they weren't all that impressive, IMO).

How did the MNSSHP work out? Did you just go to the one?

Thank you for posting the review. Looking forward to seeing your pics!!!!

Room

Fireworks Sound

In-Room Amenities

Turn-Down Service

Electrical Water Pageant

CL Food/Beverages

CL CMs

Texting Service

Minnie Van Service

Oasis Pool Bar/Grill

Columbus Day Thoughts

Thank you so much for this post! We haven't been to the Poly CL since February, and are going back next month - I've been wondering what had changed recently. Sounds like pros and cons - but I'm really happy to hear that the firework music is louder (I agree it had been WAY too quiet), and that the apps have improved (we also were disappointed last trip). Also really excited to try the minnie vans!

From our room we saw the EWP (that's the one with the dragon upfront and octopus in the back?) and it was working all nights we were there (9/15-9/25). Maybe just a fluke not that week for whatever reason? Gotta agree, LOVE the sound of listening to HEA from our room, heard it all and I got teary eyed every single time and we had the same VERY early turn down service as well.

There’s supposed to be a second set of floats after that one that has dolphins, a dinosaur, a crocodile, and King Triton. Music includes “Everyone do the dinosaur”... “Crocodile”... and a short Under the Sea snippit, maybe something else. That’s the part that was missing when I was there, unless I’m going crazy.

For my nights, it was just the below. Usually once this segment ends this part moves over in front of the bungalows and the next segment slides in. This night, they cut straight from this to the America / Red White Blue part then it ended. :-(...
Short EWP.jpeg

Hi Everyone!

You will have such a great trip! We've found the Poly CL to be extremely kid friendly (more so than some of the others I've experienced). One little tip I wish I had earlier- make sure that you ask for a bucket for your DS from the CM desk inside Hawaii (my kids loved to dig on the beach while watching the fireworks). :) We also found that getting to breakfast very early was helpful, as things ran out or got crowded, and that we had to get to the lounge early to get a seat near the windows for the fireworks. I'll report back after my November trip!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your first CL stay :wizard:.

Just back from a long Columbus Day weekend Poly CL trip. Had a great time as always!

Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you had another great Poly CL trip :).

Looking forward to seeing your pics!!!!

Me too :goodvibes

We haven't been to the Poly CL since February, and are going back next month - I've been wondering what had changed recently.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I decided to just let signature services do our dining reservations. I don't feel like waking up at 5 am. I hope that is a good decision.

Outside of Ohana I don't think there's anything on our list that's that hard to get. I did put Beaches n cream but it is not a "MUST' for us. I'd be happy to do something else instead. I'll let everyone know how it goes. (we are there 4/8-4/16 so not THAT busy of a time.

Does BC CL have coloring pages of Disney characters? (My sis loves those at the Grand Californian CL in Disneyland and I'm hoping BC CL offers them as well.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter