Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have not seen any in the refrigerator in years (was just there this January), I asked probably two years ago if they had any in the back and they said no, not sure if it has changed since then as I haven't asked.

Last July (2017) there was not.

We only go to the parks for about 2 hours at a time so Im too lazy to lug a heavy water lol.

I looked at my pix and dont see any but if they were upon request I didn't notice. We just carry coffee cups with water from the lounges and leave in the room for later.

Thanks for the info! I drink a ton of water (past kidney stones, TMI), so I’ll just buy a few gallons from the store, and use that for the room and/or to refill the smaller bottles when we want to take with us. We do that on our DVC stays, so it’s not an issue. We usually buy in the parks, too, so we don’t have to drag it around, but if we go to the pool or even to the park in the warm afternoon where we might have to wait a while, then it helps to have a bottle with a cap. It’s definitely more environmentally friendly that way anyway. :thumbsup2

Looking into booking a CL room either at BW or BC for May of this year. 2 adults, 2 kids (10 & 6). We've stayed on the Villas side of each resort. DH and I both prefer BW but the kids love BC for the pool. When thinking of the CL food offerings, which do you prefer?
We've stayed at all the CL's. Preferences are highly subjective.

1. The food offerings at ALL CL's change over time. Items come and go. One trip you might see Greek yogurt, the next visit no, then later yes again. Keep that in mind when reading any reviews or looking at any photos. Over time, all the CL food offerings have changed rather dramatically.
2. All the CL's have pros and cons. Where one has a better pool, another has better transportation, but price is kind of a guide to overall quality of each resort. GF isn't our personal favorite CL, but GF does have benefits over the less expensive CL's. WL and AKL cost less, in large part because of location and slightly smaller rooms. WE like all the CL's, when choosing, I usually look for the best deal.
3. In many ways, the food at all the CL's is VERY similar. They ALL offer similar pastries at breakfast. they all serve: coffee, soft drinks, apples, oranges, cheese, wine, beer, cordials, assorted desserts.

A small idea to consider is that each resort has one central kitchen. The CL desserts at every CL are almost identical to the desserts offered at that hotel's buffet. The GF CL has nearly the same desserts as 1900Park Fare. The CL muffins are the same as the ones in the GF food court, except smaller. The AKL CL has similar desserts to Boma. that said, last time we stayed- surprisingly the Poly CL did NOT have the 'Ohana pineapple bread. Go figure!?!? (Our last Poly stay was quite a while ago though.) the CL's don't necessarily offer the same appetizers as the restaurants, but there is often a little crossover. Also, all the resorts make some small effort to have the CL offerings mildly match the hotel's theme.

Food at WL is slightly rustic. GF and CR are slightly refined (think tiny portions served in style). BC/YC have a vaguely New England theme.

The food YOU most enjoy will likely coincide with which hotel theme and restaurant cuisine (prior visits?) you like best. As I said above, also consider how the restaurants at your base resort might be the same as what your CL offers when picking ADR's.

Oh, I've also found a mild trend towards ALL CL's offering better appetizers on weeknights over weekends. Weekends tend to be more bready items like mini-pizza, where weeknights feature items like (samples of) fresh sushi-grade tuna or chicken skewers.

Have you done CL at Beach Club? If so, what was your experience? Working my way through this thread but haven't seen too many reviews/pics of the BC CL.

We've enjoyed the Beach Club CL and think the CMs at the lounge are great. Similar to the other resort CLs, they have dramatically improved from a couple years ago. Aside from the typical cereal/fruit/pastries, they have hard boiled eggs, grits, deli meat/cheese, and smoked salmon (every other day). I feel like dinner is on the slightly healthier side, as they always had a faro bowl with olives, peppers, feta, etc. along with the main items. Some dinner items that I remember were chicken skewers, baked salmon, pork + grits.

Only real negative is the lounge is in a room without a view. For example the Poly offers that great beach/castle view and the GF/WL have seats around the top floor.

I concede I am being a bad DISer and asking a question without doing much research. Apologies in advance.

So.... AKL CL...room requests. There are some with bunk beds, right? Any suggestions for room recommendations and/or things I should know if requesting bunk beds?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I concede I am being a bad DISer and asking a question without doing much research. Apologies in advance.

So.... AKL CL...room requests. There are some with bunk beds, right? Any suggestions for room recommendations and/or things I should know if requesting bunk beds?

According to TP room finder, there are a few but I'm not sure how accurate it is, I know we did not get a CL room with bunk beds the last time we stayed there...I was going to ask the same question when I got my act together so interested to see if anyone has any recommendations...ETA - sorry I am not very helpful!

Is it better to do online check in or not in club rooms? What should be the expectation about getting the packet of information about the resort?

Last time we did Club we did online check in and went straight to the room but never got the list of activities or anything. (that was at Sugarloaf). We are staying at the Poly this time. What should I anticipate on arrival? Should I do online check in?

My first time on this thread was when I was looking for some info on AKL CL rooms with bunk beds :) There are def bunk bed rooms but there wasn't a lot of definitive info out there. From what I recall there don't seem to be that many available. I did end up using touring plans room finder. I don't think I did the room request thru them though, pretty sure I emailed DSS directly. Besides the bunks we requested close to elevators. Those long halls! Our requests were honored, we had a room not far down the hall and the kids loved the bunk beds :)

1. The food offerings at ALL CL's change over time. Items come and go. One trip you might see Greek yogurt, the next visit no, then later yes again. Keep that in mind when reading any reviews or looking at any photos. Over time, all the CL food offerings have changed rather dramatically.
2. All the CL's have pros and cons. Where one has a better pool, another has better transportation, but price is kind of a guide to overall quality of each resort. GF isn't our personal favorite CL, but GF does have benefits over the less expensive CL's. WL and AKL cost less, in large part because of location and slightly smaller rooms. WE like all the CL's, when choosing, I usually look for the best deal.
3. In many ways, the food at all the CL's is VERY similar. They ALL offer similar pastries at breakfast. they all serve: coffee, soft drinks, apples, oranges, cheese, wine, beer, cordials, assorted desserts.

A small idea to consider is that each resort has one central kitchen. The CL desserts at every CL are almost identical to the desserts offered at that hotel's buffet. The GF CL has nearly the same desserts as 1900Park Fare. The CL muffins are the same as the ones in the GF food court, except smaller. The AKL CL has similar desserts to Boma. that said, last time we stayed- surprisingly the Poly CL did NOT have the 'Ohana pineapple bread. Go figure!?!? (Our last Poly stay was quite a while ago though.) the CL's don't necessarily offer the same appetizers as the restaurants, but there is often a little crossover. Also, all the resorts make some small effort to have the CL offerings mildly match the hotel's theme.

Food at WL is slightly rustic. GF and CR are slightly refined (think tiny portions served in style). BC/YC have a vaguely New England theme.

The food YOU most enjoy will likely coincide with which hotel theme and restaurant cuisine (prior visits?) you like best. As I said above, also consider how the restaurants at your base resort.

We've enjoyed the Beach Club CL and think the CMs at the lounge are great. Similar to the other resort CLs, they have dramatically improved from a couple years ago.

Thanks so much for the responses. We pulled the trigger on BW, so many postive reviews throughout this thread. Excited to experience CL there in a couple of months!

The food YOU most enjoy will likely coincide with which hotel theme and restaurant cuisine (prior visits?) you like best. As I said above, also consider how the restaurants at your base resort might be the same as what your CL offers when picking ADR's.

Oh, I've also found a mild trend towards ALL CL's offering better appetizers on weeknights over weekends. Weekends tend to be more bready items like mini-pizza, where weeknights feature items like (samples of) fresh sushi-grade tuna or chicken skewers.

I tried to gather some info on that last year. Looking back at my old posts, I see that I quoted @anomamatt who stayed in 4213 and had bunk beds. On TP, it lists the room as having 2 queens, but there is a user comment noting that it has bunk beds. TP only identifies 4505 as a CL bunk bed room if you use the search. My recommendation would be emailing DSS and (if you have a subscription) using TP and modifying your room request to specify those two rooms, with a note that you're interested in a room with bunk beds. Good luck!

Is it better to do online check in or not in club rooms? What should be the expectation about getting the packet of information about the resort?

Last time we did Club we did online check in and went straight to the room but never got the list of activities or anything. (that was at Sugarloaf). We are staying at the Poly this time. What should I anticipate on arrival? Should I do online check in?
I do online check in because I do enjoy getting the room ready text. I then get settled and go to the cm desk at MY convenience that day or even later in the trip if I need anything like printed materials etc.

If room not ready text ,sometimes I inquire at the lobby or go to the cm desk . It all depends on what we want to do. Sometimes we wait in the cl lounge until room is ready, sometimes we go to a park or get a meal. So for the most part I stop at a desk at least once a trip but it really varies on when we arrive, how hungry or tired we are etc as to when I deal with any questions I have.

Also there has been trips where the texting phone number has been handy so ask if they have one . I have found that useful on occasion.

I would just email dss and request bunks due to a son and and daughter . My only stay with kids and we got one that way. I try to list reasons for my request in case only 1 left and 2 people ask.

ohMom thank you so much for your pictures. If its not too much trouble can you please take pics of the adult beverages that are offered.

I did, scroll back a page or two..... let us know if you don’t find it :teeth:

Hey, your welcome! We hope to get back for apps tonight, last night here. I’ll snap a few more if we make it back. I always feels like a goofball, does anyone else? But, it’s my vaca, so I do it for the sake of my fellow dis friends!

We pulled the trigger on BW, so many postive reviews throughout this thread. Excited to experience CL there in a couple of months!

I'm trying BWI CL for the first time this spring and I can't wait! It's been on my list to try, but reading all of the great reviews here is making me even more excited to try it. I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I would just email dss and request bunks due to a son and and daughter . My only stay with kids and we got one that way. I try to list reasons for my request in case only 1 left and 2 people ask.

This is my suggestion as well :).

I'm trying BWI CL for the first time this spring and I can't wait! It's been on my list to try, but reading all of the great reviews here is making me even more excited to try it. I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

This is my suggestion as well :).
There is a small gift shop just past the lobby towards bwv side. For the most part you walk in the lobby and head the other way for elevators and the larger gift shop is 1st floor opening up to to the boardwalk.

I mention it because it would be easy to miss. I found some cute bwi themeing merchandise there in November,

Won't be long now!!!:flower1:

There is a small gift shop just past the lobby towards bwv side. For the most part you walk in the lobby and head the other way for elevators and the larger gift shop is 1st floor opening up to to the boardwalk.

I mention it because it would be easy to miss. I found some cute bwi themeing merchandise there in November,

Won't be long now!!!:flower1:

Thanks for the tip! I am so excited to get to BWI. We've visited/walked through many times over the years, but never really paid attention to everything there....just kind of wandered through. This is a girls trip, so we plan on taking it easy, do alot of shopping, relax by the pool, etc :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter