Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

RPC tonight -

Beef tenderloin with tomato and chimichurri
Stuffed mushrooms
Some kind of tuna app
Vichyssoise (cold leek/potato/cream soup)
Corn dogs
Various breads/breadsticks
Various cheeses
Various vegetables (carrots, squash, zucchini, etc.)
Various fruits (can’t remember all but there were cherries)
Broccoli slaw
A couple salads
Rice krispie treats, brownies, cupcakes

Off to DAH round two

Last edited:
Thank you for the tips on getting drinks outside of the cocktail hour....
But is it also okay to ask for cake and cookie outside of the evening dessert time??
We will be out three nights for the night time show with the CL FP+.... don't think will be back by 10pm....
You can always ask, but I don't think you'll find any desserts available outside of dessert hour.

The exception to that would be the food they offer in the afternoon, like cookies and the few sweets they have (gummy bears at CR come to mind). You can certainly get those while they are out. In some cases, CM's might be able to give you something like some gummy bears outside of normal snack hours.

Oh, and whole fruits are always available.

If you are at the resort during cookie time, you are also allowed to bring a cookie to your room (and maybe eat it later). the person above me lists items like brownies, and rice crispie treats- those you can easily take back to your room.

But alas, all-in-all we had a very good stay at Poly CL. The resort just works extremely well for our Disney touring style - the monorail, walkability to TTC, fun pools, fun bars/restaurants. I'm a sucker for the Polynesian vibe and for special MK fireworks. CL there, while certainly not perfect, adds a nice convenience factor to make things just a bit easier.

We did experience some crowded lounge conditions at times (pretty much always have at Poly), but then there would often be times with no one around at all. It was quite lumpy. I also am starting to think that the lounge is coming close to needing a bit of a face-lift at some point. Like the resort-side rooms, it's close to time for an upgrade (in my opinion).

I mentioned CMs in my first post above. We really enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and getting to know new ones too. We've had good and bad Poly trips when it comes to CMs, but this was a good one.

It was also great to meet a few fellow DISers along the way too! :wave2:

Anyways - so that's the latest from Poly CL. Happy to answer any questions.
Thank you so much for the awesome review! We will be there in 7 days and it's nice to see the current offerings, etc. I'm glad you and your family had a good time even with the bumps with the rooms. I also felt the lounge was lumpy at times and will now always use that word when referring to it!:teeth:
The 4th of July looks like so much fun, we might just have to give it a try next year.
The time you take to provide such extensive reviews is much appreciated!
:beach::beach::beach:

RPC tonight -

Stuffed mushrooms
Some kind of tuna app
Corn dogs
Various cheeses
Broccoli slaw
A couple salads

Off to DAH round two
Thank you for all the food pics! It all looks delish. Makes me want to try GF CL!!

RPC tonight -

Stuffed mushrooms
Some kind of tuna app
Corn dogs
Various cheeses
Broccoli slaw
A couple salads

Off to DAH round two
So appreciate your posts! :flower1:
We will be there in 141 days. It will be our first RPC stay, and we can't wait!

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for about a week now! I'm trying to catch up and one thing I noticed was discussion about the amount of food and whether it was a meal (dinner) or not. As someone who has been staying CL for about 15 years now (most often at AKL but branching out the last 3-4 years!), I want to chime in that about 5 years ago (give or take a year), AKL-CL tried to change the 5-7pm description to "wine and cheese" and at check-in you would be informed that they were reducing the variety of appetizers offered and that you should not plan to make a meal out of it!! I don't remember how long that phase lasted (it was for several of our stays though). I know they got a lot of flack (not from us! lol) Shortly after that trial ended, they put the chef in the Lounge from 5-7pm! ;)

There are many guests who use the Lounge offerings as appetizers before their ADRs at a WDW restaurant, and there are others of us who are quite satisfied to use the 5-7pm food service as dinner. I say, whatever works for you and your family! :)

RPC tonight -

Stuffed mushrooms
Some kind of tuna app
Corn dogs
Various cheeses
Broccoli slaw
A couple salads

Off to DAH round two
The mushrooms were my favorite item of the week.

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for about a week now! I'm trying to catch up and one thing I noticed was discussion about the amount of food and whether it was a meal (dinner) or not. As someone who has been staying CL for about 15 years now (most often at AKL but branching out the last 3-4 years!), I want to chime in that about 5 years ago (give or take a year), AKL-CL tried to change the 5-7pm description to "wine and cheese" and at check-in you would be informed that they were reducing the variety of appetizers offered and that you should not plan to make a meal out of it!! I don't remember how long that phase lasted (it was for several of our stays though). I know they got a lot of flack (not from us! lol) Shortly after that trial ended, they put the chef in the Lounge from 5-7pm! ;)

There are many guests who use the Lounge offerings as appetizers before their ADRs at a WDW restaurant, and there are others of us who are quite satisfied to use the 5-7pm food service as dinner. I say, whatever works for you and your family! :)
Unreal. That trial should have been mentioned when you booked the CL room and not when you arrived. If that had went over well who knows what else Disney would have tried, possibly reducing the amount of food at breakfast too?

We had dinner one night at California Grill. It was amazing and the goat cheese ravioli was particularly outstanding. We also ate at the Wave one night. Eh, entirely underwhelmed.

Late in responding to this post but I'll be OT with you for a second.

We had a date night to CR last Monday. Had ADRs at the Wave but stopped by Cali Grill for a drink beforehand. We had never been to Cali Grill before.

The bar was empty and we really enjoyed our drinks and conversation with the bartender. We both had a feeling we should just stay there and eat at the bar as the menu looked great, but we'd been to the Wave a long time ago and remember enjoying it so opted to stick with the ADR.

Sadly I think that was a mistake. The Wave was fine, but it left us underwhelmed as well. The food was quite tasty, but the service and condition of the restaurant were off for us.

We ate our entrees, quickly paid, and made our way back up to Cali Grill for more drinks and a dessert. Stuck around to see the fireworks as well.

A great night and we absolutely have Cali Grill on our radar for future trips.

At our recent WL stay the beer on tap and the wine was being served. Cordials were serve yourself. It's in the area that closes between services (though the lounge area is always open). But they definitely offered me a glass of wine outside of the evening hours, so I do think you can request it... though I would imagine, like everything with CMs, YMMV.
Oh, I'm positive you can get alcohol outside of the service hours at all the lounges. You simply have to ask.
If you want wine/beer with breakfast, they'll serve it without question. And if you want beer during cordial hour, you can have one.
If the lounge has staff working, they'll get you anything you want. All of them will

Trying to catch up. Got home from a YC- Poly split on Thursday but had a very busy weekend and didn't have time to keep up. GADisneyDad...YC is a secret...shhhhh! We had the same roof view and to the right could see some of the pool and lake through the trees, it was a sv room though. We were at the Poly for the 4th...we got to enjoy the special seating area for about a half hour before we had to get off the beach. We ended up watching the fireworks from inside since it was still raining lightly and they let everyone on the beach and it was very crowded. :crowded: All in all it was a great trip with Dis friends old and new. :goodvibes Remember...what happens in Disney stays in Disney...:rolleyes1

Ashley Marie, nice pics, I'm always amazed at the food pics...I never seem to get there when nobody is in the way. Awesome room, enjoy.

Oh, I'm positive you can get alcohol outside of the service hours at all the lounges. You simply have to ask.
If you want wine/beer with breakfast, they'll serve it without question. And if you want beer during cordial hour, you can have one.
If the lounge has staff working, they'll get you anything you want. All of them will
It's funny you could get Wine or Beer at any time, but for the life of me, I could not get a decaf teabag to save my life at BC CL at anytime! I had to go down to the Marketplace to get a flipping TEABAG! Lol!
Being a "teetotaler" definitely had it's disadvantages...
Also no slippers or robes for us as well. We did not know we were "supposed" to get them, so no harm, no foul.

It's funny you could get Wine or Beer at any time, but for the life of me, I could not get a decaf teabag to save my life at BC CL at anytime! I had to go down to the Marketplace to get a flipping TEABAG! Lol!
Being a "teetotaler" definitely had it's disadvantages...
Also no slippers or robes for us as well. We did not know we were "supposed" to get them, so no harm, no foul.
I've never studied the types of tea in it but at BWI they have a big box of all types of tea. I know some are decaf but the decaf may all be herbal, not just regular decaf black tea

Unreal. That trial should have been mentioned when you booked the CL room and not when you arrived. If that had went over well who knows what else Disney would have tried, possibly reducing the amount of food at breakfast too?

I have to say, I don’t know if the other CLs tried scaling back at that time or not. It could have been an AKL management decision or company-wide :confused3 It wasn’t a big deal to us and it didn’t last. :thumbsup2

I wish I knew about this YC secret last yr. As I've said a million times, I hated my BC stay. We originally had YC CL booked. Dh and the kids thought it was too serious looking
has anyone went to any of the Star Wars events they have? We're skipping disney this year. Planning on next August, most likely poly club. This past may. HS had a one night SW event over Memorial day. Debating going with just my kids (huge SW fans) this coming may. Dh always takes a golf week right after memorial day and thought this may be nice for me and the kids. However I work in a school and can't take off. How crazy would it be too fly friday night- Monday night. Then have work/school all week? We would be flying from Newark. Is the SW night worth it? Maybe then I could give YC CL a try. DH refuses to stay epcot area again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter